Are you also looking for a modish and stylish cooking range for your new kitchen or want to replace an existing range with some appealing appliance?
Certainly, you would be in doubt to choose from the wide range of options available in the market today.
- GE 30″ Slide In Elec Range SS
- Digital Temperature Display
- Stainless Steel
- Smoothtop Cooktop
Well… for a well-designed modern kitchen, slide-in electric ranges are a great choice as they showcase the clean lines of international design and blend seamlessly with your countertop.
What is a Slide-In Electric Range?
Slide-in electric range is a range with a tight fit meant to slide into a dedicated space or cabinetry. These types of ranges have controls always on the front.
It doesn’t usually have finished sides or a bulky back guard. Slide-In electric range fits in an opening between cabinets, and the top of the range would overlap the countertop.
Related: 10 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
Types of Slide-In Electric Ranges
There are basically two types of electric ranges with Slide-In options, which are as below:
- Electric Smooth top – Electric smooth top ranges are quite a popular option while choosing a slide-in range. The smooth top is usually ceramic glass with a heating element hidden. Smooth top ranges come to the desired temperature slower than gas, and there is a lot of residual heat also that makes the elements take time while cooling down.
- Electric Induction – The electric induction ranges use the coils hidden on a smooth top. These ranges use electromagnetism that uses a metal coil to produce heat transference through the induction capable cookware. Iron cookware will work with induction ranges, and there is no wasted heat than traditional electric elements.
Benefits of Slide-In Electric Ranges
You may be in a dilemma to choose a freestanding range or a slide-in range… but there are many advantages to choosing a Slide-in electric range over the freestanding cooktops which are as below:
- Slide-In electric ranges have front controls that allow you to adjust the temperature without reaching over a hot pan.
- These ranges fit seamlessly by overlapping the countertop giving a built-in look that looks very classy and modish.
- Slide-In electric ranges are easy to install and give a modish and professional look to your kitchen.
- No back-guard for these types of ranges allowing you to check the backsplash to maximum effect.
- These ranges are easy to clean as the spills or food would not drip down the side of the slide-in range.
Related: 10 Best Parchment Baking Paper Sheets Rolls & Rounds
Quick Comparison: Our 10 Best Slide-In Electric Ranges
|Sl. No.||Product Name||Capacity (cu. ft.)||Size (in.)||Power (Broiler Wattage)|
|1||GE Appliances JS645SLSS, Stainless-Steel||5.3||30||3410W|
|2||LG LTE4815BD Smart Double Oven Range||7.3||30||3800W|
|3||Frigidaire FFEH3051VS 30″ Electric Freestanding Range||6.6||30||3000W Upper/ 3600W Lower|
|4||Frigidaire GCRE3060AF 30″||4.6||30||3400W|
|5||Frigidaire FGGH3047VF 30″||6.3||30||4200W|
|6||Thor Kitchen 30″ Freestanding Pro-Style Gas Range||5.3||30||4000W|
|7||Summit Appliance TNM6107BRW||5.3||30||4000W|
|8||GE JS760SLSS Smoothtop Cooktop||4.6||30||3800W|
|9||Cafe CHS950P2MS1 30 Inch Induction Range||6.7||30||3000W Upper/ 3600W Lower|
|10||Frigidaire FFES3025PS 30″ Slide-In Range||4.6||30||3400W|
Cafe CHS950P2MS1 30 Inch Induction Range
Cafe CHS950P2MS1 is a very attractive and appealing appliance with 11″ induction element, sleek backlit glass touch panel control that wakes up when prompted and visually disappears when you are not using the range.
The Induction range features a double oven with multi-functional racks that allows you to prepare everyday meals to large party meals. You also get self-cleaning with the steam clean option for the convection oven.
- Induction top with double oven.
- LED control panel.
- 6.7 cu. ft. capacity oven.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Touch control panel.
- Chef connect.
- No beep sound while setting something on it.
- Very easy to clean the surface.
- Heats up very quickly.
- No heat loss.
- Multi-functional racks.
- Water boils in no time.
- The grooves on the top tend to catch crumbs.
- The screen is very sensitive.
- The top oven is not convection.
- You can’t use all the cookware.
GE Appliances JS645SLSS, Stainless-Steel
GE JS64 is a very appealing 30-inch slide in smooth top electric range with two 3100 W 9″/6″ power boil elements that adjust the cookware pretty well and boil water 25% faster than usual GE heating elements.
The electric range features professional and stylish stainless steel knobs that give you a robust feel while using. You also get a storage drawer to store your kitchen accessories or cookware having full width as of the slide-in range. The range offers dual cavities producing the same heat.
The sides of the electric range are finished, which gives you the flexibility of installation. The capacity of the oven is 5.3 cu. ft. which is good enough to cook an entire meal at once. Another eliciting feature is the range offers self-cleaning without the need for scrubbing.
- Two 9″/6″ 3100W power boil elements.
- Durable stainless steel knobs.
- Dimension of the range is 45.0″ L x 40.0″ W x 70.0″ H.
- Dual Element Baking oven.
- 5.3 cu. ft. oven capacity.
- Full-width storage drawer.
- The white LED makes it easy to monitor the display.
- Steam-based self-cleaning.
- A large oven size fits large amounts of the meal.
- Power boils are great for soups, tea, sauces, etc.
- Removable drawer gives space to your cookie sheets, pots, stash pans, etc.
- Flexibility to install with finished sides.
- The range is not for a rolled countertop.
- Controls are on the surface and get banged on with pans while cooking.
- The top of the range gets marks and stains.
- The stovetop gets quickly heated up and burns your food if not attended.
LG LTE4815BD 7.3 cu. ft. Smart Double Oven Range
LG slide in electric range is a classy and highly functional double oven with confection build with durable stainless steel, which offers you even cooking, faster results, and crisp and brown texture to your food items.
The electric range features Infrared Grill technology that saves your cooking time up to 22% and lets you cook tasty food items quickly with a nice texture and juicy perfection. The double oven allows you to cook two food items parallelly in the oven with even results on each rack.
The electric range is Wi-Fi compatible that you can even control through your Amazon Alexa and Google Home using your smartphone. The heating element for this range is not at the bottom of the oven but on the back that offers even distribution of heat.
- Double Convection oven with Smooth top.
- The electric range is 30 inches with 7.3 cu. ft. capacity.
- Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 5 heating elements offer cooking flexibility.
- 10 minute Self Cleaning technology.
- Innovative smooth touch glass controls.
- Fingerprint and smudge resistant finish.
- Touch control is very easy to use and user friendly.
- Easily wipes off with a soft and dry cloth.
- You can connect and troubleshoot using Alexa, Google Home, or SmartThinkQ.
- Special settings for delay bake, delay start, and keep warm.
- Gliding racks extend your reach with less effort.
- Black stainless steel looks dirty faster.
- You need proper light to read what is written on the knobs.
- Even a little bump on the stovetop dials will turn them on.
Frigidaire FFEH3051VS 30″ Electric Freestanding Range
A modern electric range with a convection oven, the Frigidaire FFEH3051VS uses fine wind flow innovation to provide even heating with the optimum consistency.
Its rapid boiling factor is a benefit of the stainless steel series. With the aid of this strong 3,000W element, food may be prepared more quickly. Get a built-in range’s appearance without remodeling. Your existing 30″ range can be easily accommodated by this front control range.
Additionally, this unit has an extensible element that increases in size from 6″ for little pans to 9″ for heavier dishes, giving the cooktop more versatility. When you need to prepare a big number of meals, it provides a wider working top space that you may utilize for wider kitchenware.
- Additional Storage Drawer
- Fast-Boiling Element
- Improve Your Kitchen with an Assembled Feel
- Expanding Section for Storage
- Power boiling elements with 3000 watts
- range elements that instantly synchronize
- 5.0 cubic feet of oven space.
- Cooking is monitored by internal temperature.
- Your meals are swiftly prepared with rapid preheating.
- Strong oven racks.
- Oven that cleans itself.
- Much more affordable to use than gas.
- Sliding knobs and a digital readout.
- Five radiant components.
- To wipe the surface is sometimes challenging.
- It is not as precise to use the internal thermometer.
- Unimpressive durability.
Frigidaire GCRE3060AF 30″
Editor’s Note: This model may be unavailable. If you find it unavailable please check this model from the same brand Frigidaire FGIH3047VF on Abt Electronics.
The Frigidaire GCRE3060AF has a capacity of 5.7 cu. ft. It offers one-touch self-cleaning and thermal cleanup. You can cook healthy and tastier dishes for the whole family directly in your oven with the air fryer. The first line of products available in the market with this feature.
It contains a three heat element, a strong convection blower, and more equitably spread multi-rack baking. With three elements in one – a 6″ core ring for compact saucepans and a 9″ and 12″ outer ring to accommodate bigger kitchenware.
With its strong 3,000W element, meals may be prepared more quickly. With five components, this potent electric cooktop can meet all of your culinary demands. furthermore includes a quick, chemical-free, mild oven cleansing that takes 30 minutes.
- Air fryer Built-in
- Options for Rapid Steam Cleaning
- Fewer burners
- Settings and features are simple to learn.
- Three heating components
- Oven with a 5.7 cu ft capacity.
- Controllers with knobs and touchscreens.
- Temperature sensor
- Fast heating enables quicker cooking.
- You can prepare several dishes at once.
- Scratch-resistant stainless steel.
- The oven may be cleaned without scraping due to the self-cleaning function.
- Extended display rack.
- Low quality Stainless.
- Slow heating.
- Manual rack cleaning.
Summit Appliance TNM6107BRW
Summit Appliance TNM6107BRW 24 “With open burners, flexible oven trays, porcelain structure, and electrical lighting, the wide gas range in stainless steel is quite practical. The device is 24 “a sizable 2.92 cu. ft. porcelain oven chamber on a gas range that can accommodate large trays. There are two movable oven racks available.
Most of their stovetop heating requirements are met by four open 9000 BTU gas burners. Its stainless steel doors with towel bar knobs give the kitchen a polished appearance. Also has two wire racks with security controls and multiple gliding settings to handle a range of sizes.
- 4 heating components, each 9000 Watts
- 24-inch width
- Slide-in style
- Internal cooking settings.
- Glass touch – sensitive control panel.
- Range of 2.92 cubic feet capacity.
- Panels made of stainless steel with towel bars.
- Two safety-braking wire racks Push-button controls.
- The oven warms up quickly.
- Simple self-cleaning oven.
- Wider window view for food monitoring.
- Knob controls are uncomplicated.
- There is no child-proofing on the range.
- Cleaning the top surface is challenging..
- Really Expensive.
GE JS760SLSS Smoothtop Cooktop
With High precision Air and authentic European convection, the GE JS760SLSS 5.3 cu. ft. Electric Range lets you relish nicely cooked items without spinning the pan. When not in use, you can store additional cookware and skillets in the additional storing compartment.. The inside of the hidden bake oven also makes cleanup simple by reaching difficult regions.
It provides versatility with two 12 “9 heating elements combined into 1. Precise heat distribution guarantees uniformly baked items and produces hot meals quickly with reduced preheating time. It has a self-cleaning function with steam cleaning. Easy opening and closing provide for better accessibility and added storage.
- Preset time for added convenience
- Digital electronic display
- Easy to operate
- Self-clean with steam option
- Energy-saving quick setting
- 5.3 cu. ft. large oven capacity.
- 3100 Watt power boil elements.
- Cooking is monitored by ambient temperature.
- LED lighting.
- Mode of convection.
- Rapid preheating.
- Digital temperature monitor.
- Self-cleaning oven.
- Takes too long to heat up.
Frigidaire FGGH3047VF 30″ Gallery Series Gas Range
The Frigidaire FGGH3047VF Slide-in electric range is a 30-inch model with a durable design and premium appearance for your advanced kitchenette. For flexible cookery, the sleek top stove range has 5 heating components, a baking drawer, and a convection oven. The stainless steel electric range has a Griddle, True Convection Oven, Self Cleaning, and Air Fry Functionality.
Cooktop has a 10,000-BTU oval burner that is ideal for your griddle, an 18,000-BTU power burner for quick simmering, and a 5,000-BTU simmer burner for tender dishes and stews. Rapid-Boil Burner With its potent 18,000 BTU burner, meals may be prepared more quickly. Quick Steam Cleaning Alternative a quick, chemical-free, and odorless light oven cleaning that takes about 30 minutes. Its gas burners may now be removed and cleaned more easily.
- Utilize Air Fry to create healthy and tasty dishes.
- True Convection produces baking results more quickly.
- Versatile five-burner cooktop with a convection oven
- 5 heating components.
- Convection oven with 5.6 cubic feet.
- Quick Steam Cleaning Alternative.
- Burner has an 18,000 BTU output.
- Easy to wipe and detach.
- Consists of a griddle pan.
- Fits the space without difficulty Smudge-Proof Stainless Steel.
- Quickly warm up.
- Issues with the burners.
- Poor repair service.
Thor Kitchen 30″ Freestanding Pro-Style Gas Range
The strength and effectiveness of a high-end professional equipment are available from THOR Kitchen at an affordable price. The range is a stainless-steel appliance with efficient and sophisticated elements. This robust range boasts four burners, offering you the versatile stovetop you’ve been desiring of, with an 18,000 BTU single burner, a 15,000 BTU dual burner, and two 12,000 BTU single burners.
The LED control panel lights emit a vivid blue while they are operating, adding an extra splash of color. The oven has settings for automatic off and delayed cooking. You can have everything ready and maintain the option for a delayed start. Balanced heat dispersion is provided by a convection fan for quick and effective cooking.
- High powered BTU Burners
- Effortless glide in and out of the oven
- Adjusts to fit different rack levels,
- LED control panel lights
- Gas flame broiler
- 4.2 cu. ft. Oven,
- Heavy-duty cast-iron cooking grates
- ADA Compliant
- Automated Reignition Functionality.
- Minimizes cleanup.
- Multiple dishes can be accommodated for better cooking.
- Food is heated evenly by the burner.
- Storage area is adequate.
- Expandable components for space.
- Smudges Easily.
- It takes a long time for burners to ignite.
- Slow heat-up in the oven.
Frigidaire FFES3025PS 30″ Slide-In Range
Editor’s Note: This model may be unavailable. If you find it unavailable please check this model from the same brand Frigidaire FFEH3054US on AJ Madison.
Make your baking and cooking easy and comfortable with the 30-inch slide-in range that includes 4 heating elements, an oven, and a storage drawer. The range also includes hot surface indicator lights that warn you not to touch the top when the surface is hot.
The range features automatic off and delays cook options. You also get a timer with a delay start option that is very helpful if you have to attend your guests and also want to serve the food hot and quick. You can prepare all the ingredients and keep the delay start option.
- 4 heating elements.
- Dimensions of the range are 28.35 x 30 x 36.65 inches.
- 4.6 cu. ft oven.
- Self-clean mode.
- Variable broil.
- Timer cooking option.
- Delay start and delay clean.
- Burner heats the food evenly.
- Storage space is good enough.
- Lockout and timer feature.
- Oven rack with 5 positions.
- Spacewise expandable elements.
- Large window with a color-coordinated door.
- The oven fan is extremely loud.
- The bottom drawer is flimsy.
- No convection.
- The top surface is not scratch resistant.
- Knobs get jiggled and turn on the burner accidentally.
Features to Look for While Buying Slide-In Electric Range – Buyer’s Guide
Do check for the below features while you buy a slide in electric range for your kitchen to make your choice easy and worthy.
- Double Oven – The electric ranges may have a single cavity or double cavities, which allows you to do multi-tasking. You can bake an item in one oven and roast another food item in the second oven at different temperatures. Some ranges would have the top oven smaller and the larger oven below, while others may have same-sized ovens.
- Size – While choosing a slide-in electric range, make sure to choose the size which gives you have a firm grasp on the dimensions, and the top edges overlap the top of the countertop without sticking out several inches from the front of your cabinets.
- Heating Elements – Electric ranges offer various heating elements such as solid disks, magnetic induction, spiral coils, and radiant. Solid disks and radiant elements usually use high electricity than coil elements. Induction heating elements are better and efficient that the spiral coils, but you can’t use all cookware on the induction.
Related: Our Best Pastry Cutters
- Wi-Fi connectivity – Most of the electric ranges would offer similar functions, but if you get a bonus feature like Wi-Fi connectivity in a slide in electric range… it would be great. The appliances having Wi-Fi connectivity can be controlled using your smartphone. In case you are outside buying groceries, you can preheat your oven using your smartphone if it has Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Expandable Elements – There are some electric ranges whose tops have a larger bridge element that spans two burners. Radiant, smooth tops and inductions electric ranges have an expandable heating element, which is great if you have to cook large quantity food or have to use a large pot.
- Warning Lights – Another feature is the warning light that glows when the heating element is hot, especially when you turn off the range, and the heating element is still hot. The light warns you not to touch the element. Some of the ranges only have light for one burner, while others have it for all.
- Convection – While choosing an electric range, prefer the one having a convection oven that uses hot air technology and circulates it around the oven to cook food. It is great for roasting and gives a beautiful texture and crisp to your bakery items. For large toasts, a combination of oven and convection reduces your cooking time significantly.
You can also check out these mistakes to avoid with your electric rage.
You would not be changing your ranges every now and then… so it is essential to choose the best when you are buying your cooking range.
Slide-In electric ranges are very comfortable to use, providing you a lot many options than a regular cooktop and offer easy cleaning and maintenance without the side spills and also provide an aesthetic look to your modish kitchen.
1 thought on “10 Best Slide-in Electric Ranges 2023 (Buyer’s Guide)”
What brands are the the wall ovens in your top and bottom photos? They are beautiful.