Are you also looking for a modish and stylish cooking range for your new kitchen or want to replace an existing range with some appealing appliance?
Certainly, you would be in doubt to choose from the wide range of options available in the market today.
Well… for a well-designed modern kitchen, slide-in electric ranges are a great choice as they showcase the clean lines of international design and blend seamlessly with your countertop.
GE Appliances JS645SLSS
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Slide-In Electric Range?
- 2 Types of Slide-In Electric Ranges
- 3 Benefits of Slide-In Electric Ranges
- 4 Quick Comparison: Our 10 Best Slide-In Electric Ranges
- 4.1 Cafe CHS950P2MS1 30 Inch Induction Range
- 4.2 GE Appliances JS645SLSS, Stainless-Steel
- 4.3 LG LTE4815BD 7.3 cu. ft. Smart Double Oven Range
- 4.4 GE Profile PS960SLSS Stainless-Steel
- 4.5 Frigidaire FGES3065PF Electric Slide-In Smooth top Range
- 4.6 LG LSE4613ST 30″ Stainless Steel Electric Slide-In Smoothtop Range
- 4.7 GE JS760SLSS Slide-In Electric range
- 4.8 GE Profile PHS930SLSS 30″ Stainless Steel Range
- 4.9 Bosch HEI8054U 800 30″ Slide-In Smoothtop Range
- 4.10 Frigidaire FFES3025PS 30″ Slide-In Range
- 5 Features to Look for While Buying Slide-In Electric Range – Buyer’s Guide
- 6 Conclusion
What is a Slide-In Electric Range?
Slide-in electric range is a range with a tight fit meant to slide into a dedicated space or cabinetry. These types of ranges have controls always on the front.
It doesn’t usually have finished sides or bulky back guard. Slide-In electric range fits in an opening between cabinets, and the top of the range would overlap the countertop.
Types of Slide-In Electric Ranges
There are basically two types of electric ranges with Slide-In option, which are as below:
- Electric Smooth top – Electric smooth top ranges are quite a popular option while choosing a slide-in range. The smooth top is usually ceramic glass with a heating element hidden. Smooth top ranges come to the desired temperature slower than gas, and there is a lot of residual heat also that makes the elements take time while cooling down.
- Electric Induction – The electric induction ranges use the coils hidden on a smooth top. These ranges use electromagnetism that uses a metal coil to produce heat transference through the induction capable cookware. Iron cookware will work with induction ranges, and there is no wasted heat than traditional electric elements.
Benefits of Slide-In Electric Ranges
You may be in a dilemma to choose a freestanding range or a slide-in range… but there are many advantages to choose a Slide-in electric range over the freestanding cooktops which are as below:
- Slide-In electric ranges have front controls that allow you to adjust the temperature without reaching over a hot pan.
- These ranges fit seamlessly by overlapping the countertop giving a built-in look that looks very classy and modish.
- Slide-In electric ranges are easy to install and give a modish and professional look to your kitchen.
- No back-guard for these types of ranges allowing you to check the backsplash to maximum effect.
- These ranges are easy to clean as the spills or food would not drip down the side of the slide-in range.
Quick Comparison: Our 10 Best Slide-In Electric Ranges
|Sl. No.||Product Name||Capacity (cu. ft.)||Size (in.)||Power (Broiler Wattage)|
|1||GE Appliances JS645SLSS, Stainless-Steel||5.3||30||3410W|
|2||LG LTE4815BD Smart Double Oven Range||7.3||30||3800W|
|3||GE Profile PS960SLSS Stainless-Steel||6.6||30||3000W Upper/ 3600W Lower|
|4||Frigidaire FGES3065PF Electric Slide-In Smooth top Range||4.6||30||3400W|
|5||LG LSE4613ST 30″ Stainless Steel Electric Slide-In Smoothtop Range||6.3||30||4200W|
|6||GE JS760SLSS Slide-In Electric range||5.3||30||4000W|
|7||GE Profile PHS930SLSS 30″ Stainless Steel Range||5.3||30||4000W|
|8||Bosch HEI8054U 800 30″ Slide-In Smoothtop Range||4.6||30||3800W|
|9||Cafe CHS950P2MS1 30 Inch Induction Range||6.7||30||3000W Upper/ 3600W Lower|
|10||Frigidaire FFES3025PS 30″ Slide-In Range||4.6||30||3400W|
Cafe CHS950P2MS1 30 Inch Induction Range
Cafe CHS950P2MS1 is a very attractive and appealing appliance with 11″ induction element, sleek backlit glass touch panel control that wakes up when prompted and visually disappears when you are not using the range.
The Induction range features a double oven with multi-functional racks that allows you to prepare everyday meals to large party meals. You also get self-cleaning with the steam clean option for the convection oven.
- Induction top with double oven.
- LED control panel.
- 6.7 cu. ft. capacity oven.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Touch control panel.
- Chef connect.
GE Appliances JS645SLSS, Stainless-Steel
GE JS64 is a very appealing 30-inch slide in smooth top electric range with two 3100 W 9″/6″ power boil elements that adjust the cookware pretty well and boil water 25% faster than usual GE heating elements.
The electric range features professional and stylish stainless steel knobs that give you a robust feel while using. You also get a storage drawer to store your kitchen accessories or cookware having full width as of the slide-in range. The range offers dual cavities producing the same heat.
The sides of the electric range are finished, which gives you the flexibility of installation. The capacity of the oven is 5.3 cu. ft. which is good enough to cook an entire meal at once. Another eliciting feature is the range offers self-cleaning without the need for scrubbing.
- Two 9″/6″ 3100W power boil elements.
- Durable stainless steel knobs.
- Dimension of the range is 45.0″ L x 40.0″ W x 70.0″ H.
- Dual Element Baking oven.
- 5.3 cu. ft. oven capacity.
- Full-width storage drawer.
LG LTE4815BD 7.3 cu. ft. Smart Double Oven Range
LG slide in electric range is a classy and highly functional double oven with confection build with durable stainless steel, which offers you even cooking, faster results, and crisp and brown texture to your food items.
The electric range features Infrared Grill technology that saves your cooking time up to 22% and lets you cook tasty food items quickly with a nice texture and juicy perfection. The double oven allows you to cook two food items parallelly in the oven with even results on each rack.
The electric range is Wi-Fi compatible that you can even control through your Amazon Alexa and Google Home using your smartphone. The heating element for this range is not at the bottom of the oven but on the back that offers even distribution of heat.
- Double Convection oven with Smooth top.
- The electric range is 30 inches with 7.3 cu. ft. capacity.
- Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 5 heating elements offer cooking flexibility.
- 10 minute Self Cleaning technology.
- Innovative smooth touch glass controls.
GE Profile PS960SLSS Stainless-Steel
GE Profile PS960SLSS is a contemporary design double oven electric range with convection oven offering precise air movement technology to offer even cooking and baking with a desired brown texture.
The stainless steel range is Wi-Fi compatible that allows you to control the oven function using your smartphone. The range features glide touch controls that help you to control the temperature with just the swipe of your finger.
The convection oven features 8″ and 5″ elements that you can control together with a touch of a single button, which allows you to have a larger cooking surface area that you can use for larger cookware when you want to cook a large quantity of meal.
- 12” / 9” / 6” 3600 Watt power boil elements.
- Control 2 elements together with a single button.
- Double convection oven.
- Wireless control of oven.
- Chef connects to sync clocks and range elements automatically.
- 6.7 cu. ft. large oven capacity.
- Hidden baking elements.
Frigidaire FGES3065PF Electric Slide-In Smooth top Range
Editor’s Note: This model may be unavailable. If you find it unavailable please check this model from the same brand Frigidaire FGIH3047VF on Abt Electronics.
Frigidaire Gallery Smooth surface range is a 30-inch range with five heating elements and a double convection oven. The elements include a dual element and a warming element that you can use for all kinds of pots and pans.
Remove your guesswork while cooking with the touch controls that features bake, broil, quick preheat, convection, and keep warm mode. The range also features delay time, delay start, convert convection, bake time, set clock, and timer features.
There is a 20 minute light oven cleaning that is fast and odor-free. With the self-clean cycle… you get your oven cleaned in 2 hours. Effortless temperature probe lets you set the desired temperature for oven cooking and alerts you when the temperature is reached.
- 5 heating elements, including a dual element and a warming element.
- 4.6 cu. ft. capacity True convection oven.
- 3 adjustable oven racks for multi-rack baking.
- Knobs controls and touch controls.
- Effortless Temperature Probe.
LG LSE4613ST 30″ Stainless Steel Electric Slide-In Smoothtop Range
LG LSE4613ST is a slide in electric range with four heating elements, ProBake convection, and 6 knob controls. The status of these knobs is displayed in the middle section.
The smooth top range features a special warmer drawer between the two rear elements of the oven to keep your food items warm after baking and roasting. The warmer drawer has a good reach to a heating element.
One of the elements of the range contains other smaller elements that can be used for smaller pans. You can connect the left side burners using a bridge connection that would increase the capacity, and you can use it for larger pots.
- 1400W/ 3200W/1700W/ 2700 Watt heating elements.
- ProBake Convection oven with built-in cooking modes.
- 7 inch 100 W warming zone.
- Glass touch control panel.
- 6.3 cubic feet capacity range.
GE JS760SLSS Slide-In Electric range
If you are looking for an aesthetic look with modern controls in a slide-in range, GE JS760 is a nice choice to opt for. The radiant electric range offers 5 heating elements with a separate warmer. You get both knob control and a touch panel to activate the top ceramic plates.
The electric range features a retro slate-colored oven that nicely matches with the white, black, grey, or brown kitchen countertops. The oven features fast preheat, auto shut-off, self-clean, convection bake, delay bake, delay clean, LED light, cool down time display.
- 12″/9″ dual heating elements.
- Dimensions of the range are 31 x 36 x 28 inches.
- 9″ / 6″ Power Boil element.
- Convection oven with versatile features.
- Warming zone.
- Self-cleaning oven.
GE Profile PHS930SLSS 30″ Stainless Steel Range
GE Profile PHS930 is an induction range with a convection oven that offers safe, faster, and more precise cooking than the radiant electric cooktops. The electric slide-in range offers 5 induction elements, convection oven, and a warmer drawer.
The induction range features touch-sensitive controls monitored on a LED screen that is Wi-Fi compatible. So, you can sync these controls on a smartphone and remotely operate your smart induction range oven.
The range oven can fit multiple racks measuring 23″ x 16″ that you can shift higher or lower as per your desire. Chef connect allows you to sync clocks and range elements with surface lights and vent.
- 11″ 3700 Watt heating element.
- Two 8″ 2500 watt synch elements.
- Wi-Fi connectivity.
- True European convection.
- Chef connect.
Bosch HEI8054U 800 30″ Slide-In Smoothtop Range
Editor’s Note: This model may be unavailable. If you find it unavailable please check this upgraded model from the same brand Bosch HEI8056U on Abt Electronics.
Bosch Slide-in electric range is a 30-inch range with sturdy construction and offers an upscale look for your modern kitchen. The smooth top kitchen range includes 5 heating elements, a baking drawer, and a convection oven for versatile cooking.
The electric range features cooking elements that overlap the counter. One of the elements is 6″/ 9″ expandable element that offers you a larger space to keep your bigger cookware. It also includes a warming element and LED lights to display the status of the heating elements.
The convection oven helps you to access 11 cooking modes along with convection conversion, including fast preheat, proof dough, pizza, etc. There is a warming drawer under the convection oven that helps you to keep the dishes warm until your whole meal is ready.
- 5 heating elements with convection oven.
- The dimension of the range is 39 x 35 x 32 inches.
- 4.6 cu. ft. convection oven.
- Seamless look with the overlapping top.
- Warmer drawer under oven.
- Self-cleaning range.
Frigidaire FFES3025PS 30″ Slide-In Range
Editor’s Note: This model may be unavailable. If you find it unavailable please check this model from the same brand Frigidaire FFEH3054US on AJ Madison.
Make your baking and cooking easy and comfortable with the 30-inch slide-in range that includes 4 heating elements, an oven, and a storage drawer. The range also includes hot surface indicator lights that warn you not to touch the top when the surface is hot.
The range features automatic off and delays cook options. You also get a timer with a delay start option that is very helpful if you have to attend your guests and also want to serve the food hot and quick. You can prepare all the ingredients and keep the delay start option.
- 4 heating elements.
- Dimensions of the range are 28.35 x 30 x 36.65 inches.
- 4.6 cu. ft oven.
- Self-clean mode.
- Variable broil.
- Timer cooking option.
- Delay start and delay clean.
Features to Look for While Buying Slide-In Electric Range – Buyer’s Guide
Do check for the below features while you buy a slide in electric range for your kitchen to make your choice easy and worthy.
- Double Oven – The electric ranges may have a single cavity or double cavities, which allows you to do multi-tasking. You can bake an item in one oven and roast another food item in the second oven at different temperatures. Some ranges would have the top oven smaller and the larger oven below, while others may have same-sized ovens.
- Size – While choosing a slide-in electric range, make sure to choose the size which gives you have a firm grasp on the dimensions, and the top edges overlap the top of the countertop without sticking out several inches from the front of your cabinets.
- Heating Elements – Electric ranges offer various heating elements such as solid disks, magnetic induction, spiral coils, and radiant. Solid disks and radiant elements usually use high electricity than coil elements. Induction heating elements are better and efficient that the spiral coils, but you can’t use all cookware on the induction.
Related: Our Best Pastry Cutters
- Wi-Fi connectivity – Most of the electric ranges would offer similar functions, but if you get a bonus feature like Wi-Fi connectivity in a slide in electric range… it would be great. The appliances having Wi-Fi connectivity can be controlled using your smartphone. In case you are outside buying groceries, you can preheat your oven using your smartphone if it has Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Expandable Elements – There are some electric ranges whose tops have a larger bridge element that spans two burners. Radiant, smooth tops and inductions electric ranges have an expandable heating element, which is great if you have to cook large quantity food or have to use a large pot.
- Warning Lights – Another feature is the warning light that glows when the heating element is hot, especially when you turn off the range, and the heating element is still hot. The light warns you not to touch the element. Some of the ranges only have light for one burner, while others have it for all.
- Convection – While choosing an electric range, prefer the one having a convection oven that uses hot air technology and circulates it around the oven to cook food. It is great for roasting and gives a beautiful texture and crisp to your bakery items. For large toasts, a combination of oven and convection reduces your cooking time significantly.
You can also check out these mistakes to avoid with your electric rage.
You would not be changing your ranges every now and then… so it is essential to choose the best when you are buying your cooking range.
Slide-In electric ranges are very comfortable to use, providing you a lot many options than a regular cooktop and offer easy cleaning and maintenance without the side spills and also provide an aesthetic look to your modish kitchen.