If you have limited counter space and prefer to have a modish kitchen appliance suite for your cooking needs…Over the Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo is a great choice.
The appliance will extend the limits of cooking that you otherwise get with conventional units. The combo actually allows you the convenience of the traditional microwave technology and the power of convectional cooking for better quality and faster cooking experience.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Over The Range Microwave Convection oven combo?
- 2 Benefits of OTR Microwave Convection Oven Combo
- 3 Our 10 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
- 3.1 Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- 3.2 Galanz Digital Toaster Oven with Air Fry
- 3.3 GE JNM3163RJSS 30″ Over-the-Range Microwave
- 3.4 1.1 Cu. Ft. 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave Oven
- 3.5 GE JNM3163DJBB 1.6 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave
- 3.6 GE PSA9120SFSS Microwave Oven
- 3.7 Cuisinart Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
- 3.8 Bosch S800 30 Convection Over-the-Range Microwave
- 3.9 Toshiba Countertop Microwave oven with convection
- 4 Features To Look For Before Buying OTR Microwave Convection Oven
What is Over The Range Microwave Convection oven combo?
A microwave oven is an appliance that heats food by making use of microwave radiation. Microwaves normally cook the food from inside-out, which leads to much superior cooking quality and efficiency.
And convection ovens usually consist of a fan that evenly circulates hot air throughout your food so that all parts of the food are cooked uniformly.
Microwave cum convection ovens combine the ability of both microwave and convection into a single appliance with a cabinet. Over the range, a microwave is designed to install over the stove that helps to save your counter space.
Related: Best Slide-in Electric Ranges
Benefits of OTR Microwave Convection Oven Combo
Below are the benefits of using the OTR microwave convection oven combo:
- You can enjoy versatility as the combo gives you the option of cooking, reheating, defrosting along with baking, grilling, broiling, roasting, and steam functionality.
- As the combo uses both microwave energy and convection cooking, it lets you preheat ahead of cooking time and provides the ability to cook faster.
- The appliance uses hot air inside to cook, which ensures less power consumption saving your bills.
- Over the range microwave convection oven combo saves counter space as it installs over your stove.
- Radiofrequency energy combined with hot air technology allows us to retain moisture and cook evenly results in tasty meals.
- OTR features its own ventilation system, which is integrated into the appliance… eliminating the need for a range hood to remove steam, odors, and smoke out of your kitchen.
Our 10 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
This is a 2-in-1 product, a convection microwave oven that can be used to bake, broil, roast, crips, and brow. It is a truly functional product since you can get the benefits of both types of ovens in a single place.
The oven comes with a quick reheat and quick defrost option, which will be a lifesaver to many people out there who are constantly on the go. The oven also has smart digital settings that can be easily used by anyone in any age group.
The stainless steel finish provides a stunning look to make your kitchen look aesthetic. Another notable feature of the oven is that it has a built-in exhaust system that provides 3 venting options – horizontal, vertical, and ductless circulation.
This ensures that your food is cooked or baked evenly without any hot spots. With 1.1 cu ft capacity, it will surely satisfy all your kitchen needs at a single place, and the fact that it is an over-the-range oven can also help you save space in your kitchen for other things.
- Comes with a free 10-year warranty on major components.
- It has a built-in exhaust system that provides 3 venting options – horizontal, vertical, and ductless circulation.
- Digital Settings with a smart sensor.
- An interactive cooking system with custom help key.
Galanz Digital Toaster Oven with Air Fry
Some people are extremely conscious of their health while others live life with an attitude of come what may; not much bothered to stay healthy. But even if you aren’t over the top health-conscious, maintaining at least a medium health level is essential and good for your body and soul. This is why the toaster oven by Galanz is a great oven.
It comes with a TotalFry 360 technology of air frying, which means that you can still eat all your favorite fried food without worrying about the oil content. This air frying technology ensures that your food is cooked with very little or no oil at all.
Another striking feature is that when compared to traditional air fryers, this one has more surface area, which allows for more and better air circulation. And therefore you have an easy to clean air fryer and extremely tasty food at one go.
- Toaster oven with total fry 360 technology
- Superior air frying quality
- Comes with 8 preset cooking functions – air fry, dehydrate, pizza, toast, convection, broil, bake and warm
- Modern LED display
- Adjustable temperature settings
- Has 3 different temperatures for air frying,
GE JNM3163RJSS 30″ Over-the-Range Microwave
An extremely good looking oven by General Electric, this one surely has its benefits. First of all, it just looks great and can make your kitchen look much better. It comes with 10 power levels as well as convenient cooking controls, which guarantee that you have a smooth cooking experience. Moreover, it comes with a 300 CFM venting system, which effortlessly removes any odor, heat, and smoke that arises during cooking. Entirely finished in stainless steel, this oven is sure to match the setting of both modern kitchens as well as traditional kitchens.
The electronic touch system provides a smooth user interface. And you also have the option to switch between auto and manual modes for defrosting since the oven already comes with pre-programmed defrosting times and power levels. Overall, this product is a great microwave oven, and a must-buy product for anyone who wants an effortless cooking experience.
- Electronic touch system is easy to navigate and control
- Turntable on/off option
- Comes with 10 power levels for easy cooking
- 2-speed 300 CFM venting system absorbs odor and smoke
1.1 Cu. Ft. 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave Oven
With a stainless steel finish that looks extremely gorgeous and aesthetic, this convection microwave oven is a convenient one that you can install in your kitchen.
The built-in exhaust system has a high and low ventilation fan, as well as an incandescent hood light, which makes a lively and convenient experience for range-top cooking. You also get 3 different venting options – horizontal, vertical, and ductless circulation.
Being both a microwave oven as well as a convection oven, you also have convection options of baking, roasting, slow cooking, and broiling, thus making it an all-in-one experience with the added advantage of having 10 different convection temperatures.
Inside the oven, you can find two separate racks also; a low rack for normal baking and a high rack for two-level baking. The control panel is auto-touch, taking your whole user experience to an entirely different level.
- 850 watt – microwave, and 1400 watt – convection
- 13-inch turntable made of ceramic which has an on or off option
- 8 sensor cook settings
- Interactive display with auto-touch
- Clock and timer
- Audible signal elimination
- Help and demo mode in 3 languages: English, French, and Spanish
GE JNM3163DJBB 1.6 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave
This over-the-range microwave oven from General Electric is quite the convenient one and will make your kitchen cabinet look extremely classy. The 10 different power levels available in this oven provide added flexibility while cooking.
Both cooking and operations are a child’s task as you can do it quickly and efficiently without much trouble. The size, fit, and dimensions are all industry-standard. Defrost options are available in both auto mode and manual mode, which can be changed according to your preference or the type of food you are cooking. Even though the oven has many features and options, all of these are very user friendly and made with user needs in mind.
- Auto and manual options available for defrosting
- Turntables come with an on or off option
- The 300 CFM venting system ensures that smoke, steam and any other odor is effectively eliminated or reduced
- Comes with 1.6 cu.ft capacity
- Power levels can be programmed either manually or automatically
- Good lighting settings
GE PSA9120SFSS Microwave Oven
Here is another stylish microwave oven from General Electric that appeals to the needs and wants of consumers. This is an over-the-range microwave oven with a very classy stainless steel finish.
The best feature of this oven that makes it a consumer favorite is the Speedcook technology it comes with, which claims to cook three to four times faster than a conventional oven. Having a total capacity of about 1.7 cu. ft, this oven also boasts of 6 different cooking modes: microwave, Speedcook, convection, broil, warm and proof mode. The time and temperature settings can be adjusted quickly with the easy set control dial.
You can also find that more than 150 recipes have been programmed inside the oven, thus making your cooking light and quick affair. You also have an oven that’s very intuitive and lights up when it can sense somebody’s presence.
- Speedcook technology that enables very speedy cooking thus saving a lot of time
- With many cooking modes, it can be like a 4-in-one oven
- You don’t need to preheat the oven thanks to halogen heating technology
- 150+ programmed recipes
- Up to 30 custom recipes can be saved
- 300 CFM venting system
Cuisinart Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
Convection, microwave, and grill coming together all in a single oven, this is a great buy with so many features. A prominent feature is the stainless steel finish, which not only adds quite the charm to this oven, but it also helps to prevent any odor by absorbing it.
The glass window is dark tinted and very easy to clean. The LCD touchpad controls, two different defrost functions, and the function of bake or roast with or without the microwave make it hard for you not to choose this oven.
The multi-stage cooking operation is a notable feature that allows you to set the microwave, and one operation can quickly switch to the other. The instruction manual is not the only manual you’ll be getting when you buy this product; you also get a free recipe book that includes instructions on how to cook some popular recipes with this oven.
- 1.2 cu. ft. capacity and 1000 watts
- The 12-inch rotating glass tray
- Touch control panel with LCD
- 9 preset options
- Reversible grill rack
Bosch S800 30 Convection Over-the-Range Microwave
This is convection plus microwave over the range oven developed and produced by Bosch. One of the key highlights of this oven is the large interior that allows you to cook various types of dishes.
With 1000 watt power, this oven has a capacity of 1.8 cu. ft. The 2-in-1 feature also gives you the flexibility to use the microwave as a second oven. The cavity is made of stainless steel that is easy to clean and use again.
The ventilation system is of 385 CFM and effectively removes steam, smoke, and any odor due to cooking. The preheat setting is a great feature since it can automatically detect the power level, cooking time, and the sensor turns it off, once the cooking is complete.
- LED display features
- A multi-speed vent that removes smoke, steam, and odor
- Convection cooking mode allows it to be used as a second oven
- Smooth vent cover for easy cleaning
- Timer with automatic turn off option
Toshiba Countertop Microwave oven with convection
This is not an over the range microwave oven but it has convection feature, you can check it out if you want.
An energy-saving eco-mode that green consumers are sure to love, this over the range convection plus microwave oven is a stunning piece of beauty. A versatile and beautiful product, this one has its own set of features that make it special.
Combining both microwave and convection, it has auto bake and auto roast options, and a pre-programmed menu for popular food items like pizza, popcorn, vegetables, etc. The clock and timer along with 10 different power levels and 1000 watts is also quite the catch.
- 4 auto bake menus and 4 auto roast menus
- Smart sensor with LCD
- ECO mode reduces 50% of standby power thus saving energy
- Warm hold function
Features To Look For Before Buying OTR Microwave Convection Oven
- Kitchen Space And Size – Kitchen space is an important factor to consider while buying an oven. Make sure to buy an oven that fits correctly in your desired place so that it doesn’t end up taking more space. You should also buy ovens according to the required size because unlike countertop ovens, over-the-range ovens may only fit into a specified dimension, and you don’t want to spend lots of money for an appliance that can’t be fit in your cabinet.
- Cooking Needs – You don’t need to buy convection plus microwave oven if your only needs are microwaving. Surely, having additional features in your item of choice may seem great, but only buy them after considering the costs and implications. Understand your needs and then only settle for your choice of the oven. Don’t buy something just because it is popular or has amazing features.
Related: Best Oven Thermometers
- How Much Cooking Will You Be Doing – Everyone has different needs for buying an oven for some people; it may for personal use. For others, it might be for their baking business. And again, for many others, it may be for their restaurant. Different people have different needs, and therefore, make sure you buy an oven that relates to how much cooking you will be doing. If you are cooking in bulk quantities, go for higher power and professional oven. If you use it only for personal needs, choose one that fits this requirement.
- Power Consumption – Different ovens have different power specifications, so make sure you buy an oven that accommodates the power supply at your place of use.
- Special Features – Another important thing to consider is if the oven of your choice actually has features that will complement your needs. If you want a microwave oven, then check for features like reheating and defrosting compare it with other ovens with similar features to narrow down your choices. And the same goes for all types of ovens too. Make sure you know what features you are looking for.
- Other Factors: Other things to consider are the stuff that comes with your oven and stuff that you may need to buy separately, e.g., oven gloves, cooling racks, etc. The cost of the oven is also another factor. Make sure you get the value for your money, no matter which oven you buy.
Subscribe to our newsletter below.