If you are looking for over the range microwave convection oven and have not found any proper list yet where only correct products are listed then you are in the right place. Here we listed only our best over-the-range microwave oven that has the convection cooking feature. Choose the one that best fits your needs.
If you have limited counter space and prefer to have a modish kitchen appliance suite for your cooking needs…over the range microwave convection oven combo is a great choice.
- User friendly
- Easy installation
- Durable and Sturdy
- Huge Capacity
- Quick reheating and defrosting
- Digital panel
The appliance will extend the limits of cooking that you otherwise get with conventional units. The combo actually allows you the convenience of the traditional microwave technology and the power of convectional cooking for better quality and faster cooking experience.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Over The Range Microwave Convection oven combo?
- 2 Benefits of Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
- 3 Our 8 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
- 3.1 Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- 3.2 RCA RMW1749-SS, Microwave Oven
- 3.3 Maytag MMV6190FZ Over the Range Microwave Oven
- 3.4 KitchenAid KMHC319ESS Over the Range Convection Microwave
- 3.5 Whirlpool WMH78019HZ Smart Over the Range Microwave Convection Oven
- 3.6 Sharp R1881LSY Over-the-Range Convection Microwave Oven
- 3.7 Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
- 3.8 Bosch S800 30 Convection Over-the-Range Microwave
- 4 Features To Look For Before Buying OTR Microwave Convection Oven
What is Over The Range Microwave Convection oven combo?
And convection ovens usually consist of a fan that evenly circulates hot air throughout your food so that all parts of the food are cooked uniformly.
Microwave cum convection ovens combine the ability of both microwave and convection into a single appliance with a cabinet. Over the range, a microwave is designed to install over the stove that helps to save your counter space.
Related: 10 Best Slide-in Electric Ranges
Benefits of Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
Below are the benefits of using the over the range microwave convection oven combo:
- You can enjoy versatility as the combo gives you the option of cooking, reheating, defrosting along with baking, grilling, broiling, roasting, and steam functionality.
- As the combo uses both microwave energy and convection cooking, it lets you preheat ahead of cooking time and provides the ability to cook faster.
- The appliance uses hot air inside to cook, which ensures less power consumption saving your bills.
- Over the range microwave convection oven combo saves counter space as it installs over your stove.
- Radiofrequency energy combined with hot air technology allows us to retain moisture and cook evenly results in tasty meals.
- OTR features its own ventilation system, which is integrated into the appliance… eliminating the need for a range hood to remove steam, odors, and smoke out of your kitchen.
Our 8 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
|Sl. No.||Name||Capacity(cu. ft.)||Power||CFM|
|1||Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave||1.1||850W||300|
|2||RCA RMW1749-SS, Microwave Oven||1.7||1000W||300|
|3||Maytag MMV6190FZ Over the Range Microwave Oven||1.9||1000W||400|
|4||KitchenAid KMHC319ESS Over the Range Convection Microwave||1.9||1000W||400|
|5||Whirlpool WMH78019HZ Smart Over the Range Microwave Convection Oven||1.9||1100W||400|
|6||Sharp R1881LSY Over-the-Range Convection Microwave Oven||1.1||850W||300|
|7||Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill||1.2||1000W||200|
|8||Bosch S800 30 Convection Over-the-Range Microwave||1.8||1000W||385|
Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
This is a 2-in-1 product, a convection microwave oven that can be used to bake, broil, roast, crips, and brow. It is a truly functional product since you can get the benefits of both types of ovens in a single place.
The oven comes with a quick reheat and quick defrost option, which will be a lifesaver to many people out there who are constantly on the go. The oven also has smart digital settings that can be easily used by anyone in any age group.
The stainless steel finish provides a stunning look to make your kitchen look aesthetic. Another notable feature of the oven is that it has a built-in exhaust system that provides 3 venting options – horizontal, vertical, and ductless circulation.
This ensures that your food is cooked or baked evenly without any hot spots. With 1.1 cu ft capacity, it will surely satisfy all your kitchen needs at a single place, and the fact that it is an over-the-range oven can also help you save space in your kitchen for other things.
Related: 10 Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- Comes with a free 10-year warranty on major components.
- It has a built-in exhaust system that provides 3 venting options – horizontal, vertical, and ductless circulation.
- Digital Settings with a smart sensor.
- An interactive cooking system with custom help key.
RCA RMW1749-SS, Microwave Oven
The RCA RMW1749-SS is 1.7 cu. ft., 29.88-inch over-the-range microwave convection oven made of stainless steel. ft. of capacity. It has a 1000-watt heating efficiency. This microwave oven offers a variety of alternatives for carrying out any of your cooking tasks owing to changeable power levels, a defrost program and load modification. Due to its innovative design, it may fit comfortably on your worktop and the stovetop or oven.
Its useful features will satisfy all your heating and culinary requirements, enabling you to roast or bake the dishes you choose. It contains a control panel that is simple to see, a shock-resistant bar, and a childproof lock.
Its quick and simple features make it simple to prep and reheat a variety of items. In addition, it can defrost instantly for a certain amount of time. Equipped with an intelligent cooking mode that dynamically regulates time and energy using smart sensing.
- Sensor with 10 menus
- Compact design
- One-touch controls
- 1.7 cubic feet
- 950 watts
- 300 CFM
- Multifunction Control Panel
- Power saving mode
Maytag MMV6190FZ Over the Range Microwave Oven
Maytag MMV6190FZ is a 30 inch over the range stainless steel convection microwave oven. It has a capacity of 1.9 cu. feet and power of 1000 watts. Its ventilation power is 400 CFM. It has sensor cooking feature and control lock.
Its convection cooking mode will help you to warm your food inside and out also seal flavors and juices. Its multiple-speed exhaust fan supports to remove the smoke and smells while you cook on your range. Its charcoal odor filter will help to prevent cooking smells, high airflow odor, and steam.
It has interior cooking rack that will help you to cook a full meal at one time. It is backed by 10 years or limited parts warranty and 1 year on the cavity and magnetron. Maytag built their microwave ovens tough enough to last long.
- Sensor cooking
- Control lock
- Electronic temperature control
- 1000 watts
- 400 CFM
- Charcoal odor filter
- Add 30 seconds
- 10 years of limited parts warranty
KitchenAid KMHC319ESS Over the Range Convection Microwave
KitchenAid KMHC319ESS is one of the most popular over the range convection microwave ovens and it has also good customer reviews. It has sensor cooking technology. It is 1000 watt convection microwave oven and it will allow you to steam and simmer cooking with sensor observed cooking cycle and an innovative container. It can bake at up to 425F convection cooking. Its steam cleaning feature will allow you easy cleaning.
This convection oven’s capacity is 1.9 cu. ft, it is sufficient to fit different dishes. It has easy to use touch control display. Its 1500 watt convection element distributes heat around the oven that will allow you baking at up to 425F. Its 14-inch turntable rotates during the cooking period and cooks food evenly. Its dishwasher safe grease filters and charcoal removing filters take out the grease and impurities from the air and help to make your kitchen’s air clean and odor-free.
- Convection cooking lets you bake at up to 425F
- Steam cleaning
- Sensor cooking
- Touch control display
- Charcoal filter
- Turntable on/off
- Safety lock
Whirlpool WMH78019HZ Smart Over the Range Microwave Convection Oven
Whirlpool WMH78019HZ is 30-inch stainless steel over the range smart microwave convection oven. Its capacity is 1.9 cu. ft, and it has 1100 cooking watts. It is packed with many features.
This oven has scan-to-cook feature, with this feature you can scan a food barcode with your smartphone and the oven will get customized cooking settings. Its true convection will help you to gain perfect cooking results. You can send multiple cooking instructions to the oven via your smartphone or tablet. The temperature or power will automatically adjust based on the recipe you entered.
It will help you to make multi-step meals more simple and without the monitoring. Its sensor cooking will help you to avoid guesswork. It will track your cooking progress and automatically adjust the cooking time. It has AccuPop™ Cycle feature that will prevent your popcorn from burning using sound sensor.
- Smart oven with wifi
- Remote cooking
- Sensor cooking
- Steam cooking
- Keep warm feature
- Turntable on/off
- 4 speed 400 CFM motor
- Add 30-second button
Sharp R1881LSY Over-the-Range Convection Microwave Oven
With a stainless steel finish that looks extremely gorgeous and aesthetic, this convection microwave oven is a convenient one that you can install in your kitchen.
The built-in exhaust system has a high and low ventilation fan, as well as an incandescent hood light, which makes a lively and convenient experience for range-top cooking. You also get 3 different venting options – horizontal, vertical, and ductless circulation.
Being both a microwave oven as well as a convection oven, you also have convection options of baking, roasting, slow cooking, and broiling, thus making it an all-in-one experience with the added advantage of having 10 different convection temperatures.
Inside the oven, you can find two separate racks also; a low rack for normal baking and a high rack for two-level baking. The control panel is auto-touch, taking your whole user experience to an entirely different level.
- 850 watt – microwave, and 1400 watt – convection
- 13-inch turntable made of ceramic which has an on or off option
- 8 sensor cook settings
- Interactive display with auto-touch
- Clock and timer
- Audible signal elimination
- Help and demo mode in 3 languages: English, French, and Spanish
Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
Here’s another elegant microwave oven made by Cuisinart that responds to client requirements and preferences. The stainless steel finish on this over-the-range microwave oven is quite elegant.
With 11 power levels, 7 cooking modes, and 9 preset technologies, this oven’s diverse preset mechanism makes it user-friendly. It guarantees to cook 3 to 4 times more quickly than a regular oven. This oven has a maximum output of about 1.2 cu. ft., also features 6 major cooking ways: convection, microwave, grill, bake, and defrost.
With the simple set controlling button, the pressure/temperature settings may be changed rapidly. A 12-inch rotating glass dish for dispersing heat is also available. Additionally, each oven comes with a cookbook and user instructions.
- Speedcook technology enables very speedy cooking, thus saving a lot of time
- With 6+ cooking modes
- Reversible Grill rack
- Comes with a recipe book
- Touchpad Controls with LED
- 9 Preset options
Bosch S800 30 Convection Over-the-Range Microwave
This is convection plus microwave over the range oven developed and produced by Bosch. One of the key highlights of this oven is the large interior that allows you to cook various types of dishes.
With 1000 watt power, this oven has a capacity of 1.8 cu. ft. The 2-in-1 feature also gives you the flexibility to use the microwave as a second oven. The cavity is made of stainless steel that is easy to clean and use again.
The ventilation system is of 385 CFM and effectively removes steam, smoke, and any odor due to cooking. The preheat setting is a great feature since it can automatically detect the power level, cooking time, and the sensor turns it off, once the cooking is complete.
- LED display features
- A multi-speed vent that removes smoke, steam, and odor
- Convection cooking mode allows it to be used as a second oven
- Smooth vent cover for easy cleaning
- Timer with automatic turn off option
Features To Look For Before Buying OTR Microwave Convection Oven
- Kitchen Space And Size – Kitchen space is an important factor to consider while buying an oven. Make sure to buy an oven that fits correctly in your desired place so that it doesn’t end up taking more space. You should also buy ovens according to the required size because unlike countertop ovens, over-the-range ovens may only fit into a specified dimension, and you don’t want to spend lots of money for an appliance that can’t be fit in your cabinet.
- Cooking Needs – You don’t need to buy convection plus microwave oven if your only needs are microwaving. Surely, having additional features in your item of choice may seem great, but only buy them after considering the costs and implications. Understand your needs and then only settle for your choice of the oven. Don’t buy something just because it is popular or has amazing features.
Related: Best Oven Thermometers
- How Much Cooking Will You Be Doing – Everyone has different needs for buying an oven for some people; it may for personal use. For others, it might be for their baking business. And again, for many others, it may be for their restaurant. Different people have different needs, and therefore, make sure you buy an oven that relates to how much cooking you will be doing. If you are cooking in bulk quantities, go for higher power and professional oven. If you use it only for personal needs, choose one that fits this requirement.
- Power Consumption – Different ovens have different power specifications, so make sure you buy an oven that accommodates the power supply at your place of use.
- Special Features – Another important thing to consider is if the oven of your choice actually has features that will complement your needs. If you want a microwave oven, then check for features like reheating and defrosting compare it with other ovens with similar features to narrow down your choices. And the same goes for all types of ovens too. Make sure you know what features you are looking for.
- Other Factors: Other things to consider are the stuff that comes with your oven and stuff that you may need to buy separately, e.g., oven gloves, cooling racks, etc. The cost of the oven is also another factor. Make sure you get the value for your money, no matter which oven you buy.