Do you know what is the only love that never gets boring and the only craving lasting life long? Yes… it’s “Food” and especially the sweet cravings. And human nature principle is to satisfy those cravings or appreciate them.
A pastry cutter is not a necessity in your kitchen, but it is a valuable tool to work professionally. It can help you roll your dough or whip up your pie crusts, mash ingredients for your spreads, crush fruits for a smooth and tasty recipe.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Pastry Cutter?
- 2 Types of the Pastry cutter
- 3 Benefits of using Pastry Cutter
- 4 Our 10 Best Pastry Cutters & Blenders
- 4.1 Most Effective: Spring Chef Pastry Cutter & Dough Blender
- 4.2 Most Sturdy: Orblue Pastry Cutter and Dough Blender
- 4.3 Most Durable: Professional Dough Blender, Pastry Cutter by Zulay Kitchen
- 4.4 OXO Good Grips Dough Blender and Cutter
- 4.5 Last Confection Dough Blender & Pastry Cutter
- 4.6 Most Economical: SUMO Pastry Cutter + Dough Blender
- 4.7 Most Contemporary: Prepworks by Progressive Blade Pastry Blender
- 4.8 Premium Choice: SuperbKitchen Dough Blender
- 4.9 JSDOIN Pastry Dough Blender
- 4.10 Kitchen Innovations Pie Blender
- 5 Pastry Cutter & Blender Buying Guide & Features to Look For
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 References:
What is a Pastry Cutter?
A pastry cutter is a cooking tool that helps to mix a hard fat into the flour while making pastries. The pastry cutter is made using wires or narrow metal stripes, which are then attached to a handle. You need to press the metal stripes or blades on to the hard fat to break it into smaller pieces.
Of course, you can get the work done with other tools, or you may just knead the dough with your hands but for the perfect baking and getting the tender and flaky crust for your cakes, pies, cookies, or pastries pastry cutter does the major help.
Related: Best Dough Cutters & Bench Scrapers
Types of the Pastry cutter
There are different types of pastry cutters available in the market, and below is the glance of them.
- Round Blades – Pastry cutters with four or five ‘U’ shape blades for chopping butter or other soft ingredients that help to make mixing easy.
- Wire Pastry Blenders –These pastry cutters use thin wires which are given a coating of metal.
- Metal Blades –Another pastry cutter with thick or thick blades made of stainless steel or other high-quality metal.
- Ravioli Wheels – They are similar to the pizza slicers that help to cut and crimp pastries, pasta dough, etc.
Benefits of using Pastry Cutter
When you are a homemade treat lover, but in search of a tool that doesn’t make your hands dirty and gets your job done easily, pastry cutter is there to help. Below are some amazing benefits of having a Pastry cutter.
- You get a nice buttery crust with flakes coming in buttery layers for your pies.
- Pastry cutter helps to distribute the butter evenly throughout your dough for baking items such as biscuits, pastries, cakes.
- It is a versatile tool and can be used for various purposes other than baking pastries.
- Blending with pastry cutter reduces your efforts and makes the process much faster.
- Most of the pastry cutters are dishwasher safe acts as a perfect alternative for the food processor.
Our 10 Best Pastry Cutters & Blenders
Let’s compare these products based on their features and specifications:
|Product||Ease of use and cleaning||Material and quality||Handles||Blades|
|Spring Chef Pastry Cutter & Dough Blender||Lightweight and easy to use. Handwash.||High-Quality metal blades and rubber handles.||Soft grip and non-skid handle.||Razor shape blades and connecting screws on the side.|
|Orblue Pastry Cutter and Dough Blender||Blends products with ease/ Dishwasher safe.||Heavy-duty stainless steel.||Ergonomic design with soft grip handles.||5 blade pastry cutter.|
|Professional Dough Blender, Pastry Cutter by Zulay Kitchen||Lightweight, easy to use.||5 Durable polished stainless steel.||Soft handles.||Heavy-duty blades.|
|OXO Good Grips Dough Blender and Cutter||Easy and simple to use.||Hi-quality stainless steel construction.||Perfect grip handles.||Heavy-duty blades.|
|Last Confection Dough Blender & Pastry Cutter||Easy maintenance and cleaning.||100% professional grade stainless steel.||Lightweight handle.||Heavy-duty metal blades.|
|SUMO Pastry Cutter + Dough Blender||Versatile and easy to use with a comfortable grip.||Stainless steel material.||Sturdy and non-slippery grip.||Heavy-duty stainless steel blades.|
|Prepworks by Progressive Blade Pastry Blender||Versatile, easy to use, and clean as it is dishwasher safe.||Stainless steel with a plastic handle.||Comfortable grip and sturdy handles.||Progressive 6 blades.|
|SuperbKitchen Dough Blender||Handy and easy to use. Easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.||Stainless steel.||Non-slip handle.||4 Reinforced stainless steel blades.|
|JSDOIN Pastry Dough Blender||Easy use and clean.||Rust-resistant stainless steel||Soft grip handles||4 sharp blades|
|Kitchen Innovations Pie Blender||Versatile and Easy to use and clean.||High-quality stainless steel.||Rubber handles.||Patented diamond-shaped blades.|
Most Effective: Spring Chef Pastry Cutter & Dough Blender
- Strong and sturdy stainless steel blades.
- Comfortable handle with non-skid functionality.
- The pastry cutter is very lightweight and easy to use.
- You can use it for both soft items, i.e., butter or hard nuts, or soft veggies, etc.
- It can handle a large volume of dough and offer uniform blending.
- The handle is small and is not suitable for a person having larger hands than average.
- The screw connecting the blade
- to the handle becomes loose.
- Side edges are razor sharp.
An amazing appliance with strong and high-quality metal blades that offer you efficient usage as well as high durability. Top professional pastry cutter that makes your baked food fluffier and flakier, adding a pleasing texture to your pie crusts, scones, pizza dough, and pastries. The versatile cutter allows you to blend your dough and mix the ingredients very evenly.
Apart from that, you can chop nuts or soft vegetables, mash boiled eggs, potatoes, make salsa, do muffin topping, or mash up baby food, make apple tarts or cherry tarts easily. The large size would perfectly fit into your hands, and you need to worry about the tiredness of your wrists.
- You can blend cold butter effortlessly with the pastry cutter.
- The soft-grip handle is very comfortable.
- Thick rubber is safe and great for people having joint pain.
- It can help to get perfect pastry and dough with flakes and layers.
Most Sturdy: Orblue Pastry Cutter and Dough Blender
- Heavy stainless steel blades make the product long-lasting.
- Easy to grip handles use thick rubber.
- Large blades with an easy to clean design.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Weight is evenly distributed, which makes the baking effortless.
- The pastry cutter is very appealing in shape and color.
- The blades are placed far apart, so they would not be suitable for small dough.
- End caps on the handle can break and fall off.
- The top handle is not one piece, and its top pops off.
- Butter and fat get stuck most of the time.
The heavy-duty and durable pastry cutter by Orblue gives you an exciting and wonderful feeling every time you use it for baking. You can blend your pastry mixture, cold butter, and flour with the amazing product with ease. Once you use it, you will get the inner feeling like why was I not using it till now and was just surviving on potato masher/forks.
As the name says, pastry cutter and dough blender don’t assume you can’t do other tasks. You can mash potatoes, baby food, salsa, mix minced meat, etc. with the 5 blades pastry cutter. Even you can use the pastry cutter for cutting hard items such as nuts, crackers, herbs, or soft fruits and vegetables.
- The pastry cutter allows you to freshly bake your pies and pastries from scratch and get a flaky, smooth, and perfect texture at a breeze.
- You can use frozen butter as well for your dough, and it blends nicely without melting.
- The ergonomic design of the handle absorbs the pressure perfectly when you mix wet or dry ingredients for baking.
- The handle is soft as well offers a nice grip avoiding any hurt to your wrists.
- Thick blades offer great durability and are great for bulk making or professional applications.
Most Durable: Professional Dough Blender, Pastry Cutter by Zulay Kitchen
- The pastry blender is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- Very comfortable to hold and use.
- Lightweight and professional-grade kitchen tool.
- Thick bands of metal with no flimsy or wavering lines of cheap material.
- It is very sharp and easily cuts nuts and other hard items.
- The size of the handle is somewhat small for an adult hand.
- Edge along the handle that runs to the grip can be a little sharp.
- The finishing is uneven.
Doesn’t matter if you are a professional chef or a home baker you would love the improved taste and texture of your baked goods after using the pastry cutter by Zulay Kitchen. The ease and comfort offered by the dough blender are so amazing that you would love to use it every day.
The pastry cutter allows you to save your precious time and efforts that would otherwise waste using some traditional blender, fork, or masher. This dough blender gives you a cost-effective way of getting flakier and fluffier results with enhanced flavor.
- The five durable polished stainless steel blades give a heavy-duty design with a lightweight tool.
- You get the improved texture and taste with a more uniform consistency using the blender whisk.
- With the versatile product, you can mash butter, fruits, veggies, dough, nuts… and also make pie fillings, salsa, guacamole, and more baked items.
- Say bye to your sore wrist and hands due to cutting, mashing, and blending as the soft handles provide you great comfort.
OXO Good Grips Dough Blender and Cutter
- The large size of the blender is great for making pie crust in a large bowl.
- It is dishwasher safe and can be cleaned easily.
- The grip gives you enough control with the non-cylindrical handle.
- Heavy-duty blades that won’t break easily.
- Quickly gets the job done.
- Blades are perfectly angled and have an edge for efficient use.
- Blades would bend or become flimsy if you use hard items to mix.
- Not good for small hands.
- On the bottom end… it has a sharp edge.
- times are a little far apart.
OXO offers a huge range of products for cooking, baking, brewing, cleaning, organizing, and entertaining… including everyday adventures with kids with their primary focus to design the product in a better and thoughtful way. They also tend to make things easier and simple for you.
The high-quality dough blender and pastry cutter are designed to provide a perfect grip for your hands while you mix the ingredients or blend your flour with butter, sugar, etc. The comfortable grip of the blender makes it a loved product among the users.
- The pastry cutter is great for time-consuming tasks that require more effort… such as blending slabs of a hard butter.
- The five blades of the pastry cutter use tough stainless steel construction, providing durability.
- You can even use it for mashing precooked fruits, vegetables, potatoes, or beans.
- Thicker blades enhance the utility of the tool and are more efficient while mixing dry ingredients.
- Non-slip grip absorbs pressure with the soft handles that give you a seamless experience of using it.
Last Confection Dough Blender & Pastry Cutter
- Easy maintenance and cleaning.
- Size is perfect for regular usage.
- The comfortable grip offers safe and faster blending.
- Looks solid and durable.
- Handle uses tough and sturdy stainless steel instead of cheap plastic.
- Breaking down the butter into the flour is done in a fraction of seconds.
- Blades are thin and bend easily, so they need to be fixed manually quite frequently.
- Flour builds up and sticks on the blades and makes you clear the mixture back into the bowl.
- Thumb rest is missing.
- Greasy hands will slip on the smooth metal handle.
Now, another amazing and cool product by the Last Confection features the pastry cutter with five slightly thinner blades than other blenders in the market. Still, it would surely help you to bake delicious pastry dough like a pro with its sharp blades.
There is so much more you can do with the wonderful pastry cutter as it offers you the option to mash eggs, avocados, potatoes, veggies, and even ground beef. Unlike other pastry cutters with a plastic grip or rubber grip, the dough blender features a classy stainless steel finish, including the handle.
- The product uses 100% professional-grade stainless steel with five heavy-duty metal blades to evenly blend and cut the ingredients.
- The lightweight handle of the pastry cutter is very comfortable to hold and fits your hand perfectly.
- The premium quality stainless steel resists rust and stains.
- You can make your pastries, pies, cookies, cakes, pies, pizza with a delightfully flaky and fluffy texture.
Most Economical: SUMO Pastry Cutter + Dough Blender
- It has a comfortable grip.
- It is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.
- It is easy to store.
- It has multiple purposes and can assist in making various food items.
- It is strong and sturdy.
- The blades are comparatively thin.
- The grip is not as sturdy as it claims.
- The metal part starts to separate from the rubber handle if it applies too much force.
If you are looking for an effective Pastry Cutter & Dough Blender combo, this is a great option. Not only can it easily blend dry ingredients, but it is also an ideal tool to make a well-textured pastry. Its well-cutting techniques result in the perfect pie crust, which is both flaky and delicious.
This versatile tool helps make several foods like cookies, make biscuits, cake, crumble pie, pastries, shortbread, and many more items. Not only does it help in baking food, but it also helps to mincemeat, mash vegetables, fruits, and crack nuts.
- It comes with thick and sturdy blades that have sharp edges.
- It is made from heavy-duty and long-lasting stainless steel.
- It comes with a non-slippery ergonomic finger-contoured grip that fits in your hand perfectly.
- Solid Blades Cuts Butter into Flour.
- Its dimensions are 5.04 x 5.47 x 2.13 inches and weigh 7.2 ounces.
- The grip comes in 4 different colors, green, purple, red, and blue.
Most Contemporary: Prepworks by Progressive Blade Pastry Blender
- Well-made and sturdy handles and has strong blades.
- It blends butter well.
- It is effective and fun to use.
- It is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.
- The blade cleaner is not that good.
Isn’t it great when a product is multifunctional and inexpensive at the same time? Well, if you are looking for a budget-friendly yet versatile kitchenware, then this Pastry blender by Progressive Blade will work great for you.
It helps in various food preparations like kneading or cutting dough, that may take a lot of time. The product has a contemporary design but it is handy and will save a lot of your time and effort. It has 6 pastry blades, which can easily cut the cold butter too.
- This pastry blender comes with an innovative design that has 6 pastry blades.
- It has an integrated cleaning tab that clears blades of dough.
- The design of this tool is tall; hence it keeps the handoff dough when blending.
- It has a patent-pending design.
- Its dimensions are 1.88 x 5.25 x 8 inches and weigh 6.9 ounces.
Premium Choice: SuperbKitchen Dough Blender
- It is dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
- It’s good for chopping boiled vegetables as well.
- The blades of this tool are sharp, allowing fine slices and cuts.
- Durable and made up of top quality materials.
- The handle is soft and sturdy.
- Blades are fair.
- May not be rust-resistant.
If you are looking for a handy dough blender that just looks like a professional restaurant tool, then you have got to try the Superbkitchen Dough blender as it is designed for pastry chefs and home cooks.
It has an efficient and minimal looking design which has several purposes. Not only is it a dough blender, but it works great as a pastry cutter, egg and butter slicer, and even mashes boiled potatoes well.
- It has four reinforced stainless steel blades for clean cuts.
- It comes with a non-slip handle that allows you to have a slip-free grip.
- Its dimensions are 4.33 x 1.97 x 4.72 inches and weigh 4.8 oz.
- It has wide and sharp blades.
- It is made up of food-grade Stainless steel.
JSDOIN Pastry Dough Blender
- Spiral design bread.
- The dough doesn’t get stuck much on the basket.
- Follows the German Food Safety measures.
- Has fewer accessories.
This product works exceptionally well as both a pastry mixer and a dough cutter. It has been constructed with heavy-duty stainless steel blades available in black color.
With it, you will enjoy the hectic process of baking as it’s quite handy and easy to use. It allows ingredients to blend well so that the outcome is smooth and delicious. With this tool, you can cut butter and dough and perform other tasks like mixing avocados, boiled vegetables, and ground beef.
- It comes with soft-grip handles.
- It offers multifunctional purposes of blending, mixing, and cutting.
- It has 4 sharp blades, stainless steel, and precisely spaced blades.
- Its dimensions are 5.5 x 5 x 1.6 inches, and it weighs 4.8 ounces.
Kitchen Innovations Pie Blender
- Spiral design bread.
- The dough doesn’t get stuck much on the basket.
- Follows the German Food Safety measures.
- Has fewer accessories.
A good pie blender is one that can perform various functions. The Kitchen Innovations Pie Blender is one of the most versatile Pie blenders. Not only is it perfect for making flaky pies, but other food items with great crusts like scones.
It is also good for mashing bananas, berries and other fruits, and even minced meat pies.
Top chefs have recommended it worldwide because it’s durable, quite handy, and works amazingly. It has an ergonomic rubber handle, which is not at all slippery, providing a firm grip and easy to use. The sharp blades allow you to quickly and easily cut the dough, which is just what we need in a kitchen.
- It is used by professionals and home cooks around the world.
- Made up of high-quality Stainless steel.
- Comes with Patented diamond-shaped blades for effortless blending.
- It comes in two minimalistic colors – Black or Red.
- Dimensions are 5 x 3 x 6 inches and weigh 6.4 oz.
Pastry Cutter & Blender Buying Guide & Features to Look For
Whenever you choose your pastry cutter, there are some features you certainly should look for. We have listed some of those important factors as below:
1. Ease of Use – One of the major factors is how easy the pastry cutter is to use. If it takes a lot of effort or the grip is not comfortable, you would end up putting more effort and time with tiresome hands. So, its better to find a pastry cutter that is easy to use.
2. Quality – Pastry cutter is not a tool that would keep buying again and again as there are so many options with high-quality material that are long-lasting. Frankly speaking, stainless steel is the best quality to choose from and for handle choose steel, rubber grip, or a durable wood.
3. Simple Cleaning – When you are putting so much effort into baking, you already have so much to clean, right? Kitchen, bowls, oven, and on top of that, a pastry cutter. But no, it is not difficult as you think…. stainless steel pastry cutters are dishwasher safe and very easy to clean.
4. Multipurpose – Your choice of pastry blender should adapt to the other features that a normal blender or masher would do. Most of our choices are able to crush the items such as nuts, boiled eggs, avocados, etc. and are dough blender too. So, buy a pastry cutter that is versatile enough for completing other jobs quickly and easily.
5. Blades – If you are a novice and you just prepare sweets or do home baking a few times a week, you can go for the four blades or thin blades pastry cutter. But, if you need a heavy-duty pastry cutter for regular use and you need to prepare frequently, then go for thick blades and a sturdy pastry cutter.
6. Handles – Last but the most important feature to look for is the handle. The wooden handle has a hard grip and is not dishwasher safe. Rubber or plastic handles would give you a secure grip, and ergonomic design handles are great for chefs with arthritis or joint pain. Oversize handles can be hard to hold for smaller hands, and smaller handles would lead to blisters or bruises for bigger hands.
A well done, flaky pie, biscuit, or scone is only possible if the ingredients are mixed and blended well. For this outcome, you will need a high-quality pastry or dough cutter. According to my recommendation, JSDOIN Pastry Dough Blender allows you to make the flakiest and delicious pastries or pies with its exceptional design and good quality blades.
But, if you are looking for a budget-friendly option, then the Prepworks by Progressive Blade Pastry Blender will work great. It is extremely versatile and easy to use. It comes with progressive sharp blades with a comfortable handle.
- 10 Best Exhaust Fans for Kitchen
- 5 Best Kitchen Faucets for Hard Water
- 10 Best Slide-in Electric Ranges
Subscribe to our newsletter below.