Do you know what is the only love that never gets boring and the only craving lasting life long? Yes… it’s “Food” and especially the sweet cravings. And human nature principle is to satisfy those cravings or appreciate them.
A pastry cutter is not a necessity in your kitchen, but it is a valuable tool to work professionally. It can help you roll your dough or whip up your pie crusts, mash ingredients for your spreads, crush fruits for a smooth and tasty recipe.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Pastry Cutter?
- 2 Types of the Pastry cutter
- 3 Benefits of using Pastry Cutter
- 4 Our 5 Best Pastry Cutters
- 5 Buying Guide & Features to look for
What is a Pastry Cutter?
A pastry cutter is a cooking tool that helps to mix a hard fat into the flour while making pastries. The pastry cutter is made using wires or narrow metal stripes, which are then attached to a handle. You need to press the metal stripes or blades on to the hard fat to break it into smaller pieces.
Of course, you can get the work done with other tools, or you may just knead the dough with your hands but for the perfect baking and getting the tender and flaky crust for your cakes, pies, cookies, or pastries pastry cutter does the major help.
Related: Best Dough Cutters & Bench Scrapers
Types of the Pastry cutter
There are different types of pastry cutters available in the market, and below is the glance of them.
- Round Blades – Pastry cutters with four or five ‘U’ shape blades for chopping butter or other soft ingredients that help to make mixing easy.
- Wire Pastry Blenders –These pastry cutters use thin wires which are given a coating of metal.
- Metal Blades –Another pastry cutter with thick or thick blades made of stainless steel or other high-quality metal.
- Ravioli Wheels – They are similar to the pizza slicers that help to cut and crimp pastries, pasta dough, etc.
Benefits of using Pastry Cutter
When you are a homemade treat lover, but in search of a tool that doesn’t make your hands dirty and gets your job done easily, pastry cutter is there to help. Below are some amazing benefits of having a Pastry cutter.
- You get a nice buttery crust with flakes coming in buttery layers for your pies.
- Pastry cutter helps to distribute the butter evenly throughout your dough for baking items such as biscuits, pastries, cakes.
- It is a versatile tool and can be used for various purposes other than baking pastries.
- Blending with pastry cutter reduces your efforts and makes the process much faster.
- Most of the pastry cutters are dishwasher safe acts as a perfect alternative for the food processor.
Our 5 Best Pastry Cutters
Spring Chef Pastry Cutter & Dough Blender
An amazing appliance with strong and high-quality metal blades that offer you efficient usage as well as high durability. Top professional pastry cutter that makes your baked food fluffier and flakier, adding a pleasing texture to your pie crusts, scones, pizza dough, and pastries. The versatile cutter allows you to blend your dough and mix the ingredients very evenly.
Apart from that, you can chop nuts or soft vegetables, mash boiled eggs, potatoes, make salsa, do muffin topping, or mash up baby food, make apple tarts or cherry tarts easily. The large size would perfectly fit into your hands, and you need to worry about the tiredness of your wrists.
- You can blend cold butter effortlessly with the pastry cutter.
- The soft-grip handle is very comfortable.
- Thick rubber is safe and great for people having joint pain.
- It can help to get perfect pastry and dough with flakes and layers.
Orblue Pastry Cutter and Dough Blender
The heavy-duty and durable pastry cutter by Orblue gives you an exciting and wonderful feeling every time you use it for baking. You can blend your pastry mixture, cold butter, and flour with the amazing product with ease. Once you use it, you will get the inner feeling like why was I not using it till now and was just surviving on potato masher/forks.
As the name says, pastry cutter and dough blender don’t assume you can’t do other tasks. You can mash potatoes, baby food, salsa, mix minced meat, etc. with the 5 blades pastry cutter. Even you can use the pastry cutter for cutting hard items such as nuts, crackers, herbs, or soft fruits and vegetables.
- The pastry cutter allows you to freshly bake your pies and pastries from scratch and get a flaky, smooth, and perfect texture at a breeze.
- You can use frozen butter as well for your dough, and it blends nicely without melting.
- The ergonomic design of the handle absorbs the pressure perfectly when you mix wet or dry ingredients for baking.
- The handle is soft as well offers a nice grip avoiding any hurt to your wrists.
- Thick blades offer great durability and are great for bulk making or professional applications.
Professional Dough Blender, Pastry Cutter by Zulay Kitchen
Doesn’t matter if you are a professional chef or a home baker you would love the improved taste and texture of your baked goods after using the pastry cutter by Zulay Kitchen. The ease and comfort offered by the dough blender are so amazing that you would love to use it every day.
The pastry cutter allows you to save your precious time and efforts that would otherwise waste using some traditional blender, fork, or masher. This dough blender gives you a cost-effective way of getting flakier and fluffier results with enhanced flavor.
- The five durable polished stainless steel blades give a heavy-duty design with a lightweight tool.
- You get the improved texture and taste with a more uniform consistency using the blender whisk.
- With the versatile product, you can mash butter, fruits, veggies, dough, nuts… and also make pie fillings, salsa, guacamole, and more baked items.
- Say bye to your sore wrist and hands due to cutting, mashing, and blending as the soft handles provide you great comfort.
OXO Good Grips Dough Blender and Cutter
OXO offers a huge range of products for cooking, baking, brewing, cleaning, organizing, and entertaining… including everyday adventures with kids with their primary focus to design the product in a better and thoughtful way. They also tend to make things easier and simple for you.
The high-quality dough blender and pastry cutter are designed to provide a perfect grip for your hands while you mix the ingredients or blend your flour with butter, sugar, etc. The comfortable grip of the blender makes it a loved product among the users.
- The pastry cutter is great for the time-consuming tasks that require more effort… such as blending slabs of a hard butter.
- The five blades of the pastry cutter use tough stainless steel construction, providing durability.
- You can even use it for mashing precooked fruits, vegetables, potatoes, or beans.
- Thicker blades enhance the utility of the tool and are more efficient while mixing dry ingredients.
- Non-slip grip absorbs pressure with the soft handles that give you a seamless experience of using it.
Last Confection Dough Blender & Pastry Cutter
Now, another amazing and cool product by the Last Confection features the pastry cutter with five slightly thinner blades than other blenders in the market. Still, it would surely help you to bake delicious pastry dough like a pro with its sharp blades.
There is so much more you can do with the wonderful pastry cutter as it offers you the option to mash eggs, avocados, potatoes, veggies, and even ground beef. Unlike other pastry cutters with a plastic grip or rubber grip, the dough blender features a classy stainless steel finish, including the handle.
- The product uses 100% professional-grade stainless steel with five heavy-duty metal blades to evenly blend and cut the ingredients.
- The lightweight handle of the pastry cutter is very comfortable to hold and fits your hand perfectly.
- The premium quality stainless steel resists rust and stains.
- You can make your pastries, pies, cookies, cakes, pies, pizza with a delightfully flaky and fluffy texture.
Buying Guide & Features to look for
Whenever you choose your pastry cutter, there are some features you certainly should look for. We have listed some of those important factors as below:
1. Ease of Use – One of the major factors is how easy the pastry cutter is to use. If it takes a lot of effort or the grip is not comfortable, you would end up putting more effort and time with tiresome hands. So, its better to find a pastry cutter that is easy to use.
2. Quality – Pastry cutter is not a tool that would keep buying again and again as there are so many options with high-quality material that are long-lasting. Frankly speaking, stainless steel is the best quality to choose from and for handle choose steel, rubber grip, or a durable wood.
3. Simple Cleaning – When you are putting so much effort into baking, you already have so much to clean, right? Kitchen, bowls, oven, and on top of that, a pastry cutter. But no, it is not difficult as you think…. stainless steel pastry cutters are dishwasher safe and very easy to clean.
4. Multipurpose – Your choice of pastry blender should adapt to the other features that a normal blender or masher would do. Most of our choices are able to crush the items such as nuts, boiled eggs, avocados, etc. and are dough blender too. So, buy a pastry cutter that is versatile enough for completing other jobs quickly and easily.
5. Blades – If you are a novice and you just prepare sweets or do home baking a few times a week, you can go for the four blades or thin blades pastry cutter. But, if you need a heavy-duty pastry cutter for regular use and you need to prepare frequently, then go for thick blades and a sturdy pastry cutter.
6. Handles – Last but the most important feature to look for is the handle. The wooden handle has a hard grip and is not dishwasher safe. Rubber or plastic handles would give you a secure grip, and ergonomic design handles are great for chefs with arthritis or joint pain. Oversize handles can be hard to hold for smaller hands, and smaller handles would lead to blisters or bruises for bigger hands.
- 10 Best Exhaust Fans for Kitchen
- 5 Best Kitchen Faucets for Hard Water
- 10 Best Slide-in Electric Ranges
Subscribe to our newsletter below.