Soup is a very healthy a delicious dish. Everyone should eat soup daily for better health. If you like to eat soup and you cook often, then you know that a soup ladle is an essential tool for your kitchen. For better use and comfortability you should find a ladle that best fits you. Finding the best soup ladle for your kitchen is not an easy task. You need to consider many factors to choose the best one.
In this article, I will share 10 best ladles that you use many tasks like in soup, cooking and more in your kitchen. Here I share some ladles which have their own unique feature. I also share things you should consider before buying a soup or kitchen ladle that will probably best for you.
- Lifetime warranty
- High-quality stainless steel
- Pouring rim
- Dishwasher safe
It might be a small tool but it can help you a lot in your kitchen tasks. You can now see the top 10 list of soup and kitchen ladles. I researched and found these best 10 ladles for using in soup or cooking. This will save you time and effort. You can choose the one that fulfills your needs and you think that will be the best fit for you.
What is a ladle or soup ladle?
A ladle is a type of deep bowled spoon with a long handle that is used in soup, stew and other food to transport soup or other food from one place to another. Usually a ladle is made with metal but it can be also made with plastic or rubber.
The bowl of a ladle may differ in sizes for different purposes. The handle can be made with metal and covered with rubber or plastic or it can be only metal or other material. A soup ladle is a ladle that used is mostly to make or transfer soup usually from pan to bowl, or it can be bowl to bowl.
Benefits of a ladle
A soup ladle is a very useful tool when you are working with deep pan or bowl. Its long handle will help you to reach bottom of a deep pan and take out soup in large amount with its deep bowl. A ladle’s bowl is bigger than normal spoon and it can hold much liquid or food. Some ladles have curved handle that can make it more easier to reach and take out food from bowl. Some ladles have a hook on its top for easy storing like in kitchen railing.
Things to consider before buying a kitchen or soup ladle
If you think a ladle is a ladle. It is easy to choose, there’s no complexity in it. I may stop you there and tell you the truth, that’s not true. You need to consider some factors before buying a ladle. If you buy a ladle and it is too short then it will sink in the pot, if it is too long then it may be hard for you to control, if it has no bend or has more bend then you will also find difficulties to control it.
You can also read our post on: What the uses of a soup ladle and how much it holds to know more about soup ladles. So, what to do & how to choose a kitchen and soup ladle that will best fit your needs? Here are some factors that you can consider before buying.
1. Material – You can find different types of ladle in the market. It can be made with stainless steel, plastic, nylon or silicone. You should be careful when choosing a material. It can depend on your personal choice but you should go with the stainless steel one.
The stainless steel one can stand out other materials because when you use other material ladles like plastic one, it can melt in high heat and the plastic can get into your food. The same thing goes to nylon and silicone ladles, they have a temperature level in which they will be okay. But if your food needs more heat and you use these types of ladles it may melt or bend, and it is not good at all.
2. Capacity – Make sure you ladle’s bowl can hold much that you want. There are different sizes of ladle in the market. Make sure it holds enough so that you don’t need to dip and take out soup or any liquid many times.
Your ladle should hold 1/2 cup or more per scoop. It’s a common size for soup ladle, not so big or small. In ounce, the most common soup ladle capacities are 8 oz, 6 oz, and 4 oz. These sizes will be suitable for more of your needs.
3. Hight – The hight of your ladle should be enough to reach top of the rim more is better. Usually, the hight of a ladle depends on its size. If a ladle’s size is bigger(it holds more soup/liquid) so its hight will also be bigger. The hight is usually bigger in almost all ladle for fulfilling common needs. But should know that, ladle’s handle under 9″ of hight may sink in deeper pots. In my research, I found most ladle’s handle has hight over 10 inches. So it should not be an issue but to be on safe side you should check it.
You should also consider the top of the ladle also. In general, it can be rounded, hooked or straight and no holes in it. If your ladle has hooked top you can easily hang it on your kitchen railing. If it is rouned you can also hang it. Not only you can hang it on the wall or railing but also you can hang it on the rim. But if it is straight top and no holes in it, you can not hang it. So that can be a downside for you. So it will be better if you get the hooked one. You can watch the video below for visual illustration.
4. Bend – A kitchen or soup ladle can have a straight or bent handle. You can choose what you like or what best fits you. Usually, ladle’s handles are straight type. In my opinion, I think this type of ladle is easy to handle. If your ladle has bend handle, it can be also easy for some people to handle. But if it has too much bend in its handle, you may find difficulties to handle it. So you should be careful about this.
5. Price – The price of a kitchen or soup ladle may differ based on various factors. It can be expensive if it is made with expensive metal or it is a designed one. The branded one can cost you more. You should buy based on your needs. If you want to use it for a long time or you used it more often then you should invest more. Otherwise, you can go with a common one having an average price.
Our Top 10 Best Kitchen & Soup Ladles
1. Newness Stainless Steel Soup Ladle
High rated soup ladle from Newness made with food-grade 304 stainless steel. That is healthy, safe, durable, rustproof, and heat resistance. It has vacuum ergonomic round handle. This vacuum handle is perfect for reducing heat transformation & it prevents burns.
This soup ladle 13.7 inches in length. Suitable for most tasks and the vacuum handle will reduce heat transfer. So that your hand will not burn easily. It has large capacity spoon, easy to fill soup and other liquids. It can hold 1/2 cup of soup or liquid. It is also easy to clean and dishwasher safe. Overall if you are looking for a well-made quality ladle then you should definitely look at it.
- Food-grade 304 stainless steel
- Sturdy and durable
- Comfortable heat resistance vacuum handle
- Integral forming, easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Not found anything mentionable yet.
2. Rösle Stainless Steel Hooked Handle Ladle
One of the best stainless steel ladles from Rösle. The most interesting part to me is they offer lifetime warranty. It is designed in Germany. This ladle has hooked handle with pouring rim, you can use it in both pouring and serving the pouring rim prevents dips. This ladle made with one piece of solid stainless steel. It is 13.6 inches long and can hold 8 ounces.
The design of the ladle makes handling easy. It can give you perfect finger placement. The rounded edges also give smooth handling. The matte finish reduces slippage and conceals fingerprints. The surrounding pouring rip guarantees drip-free portioning and facilitates pouring. Made from one-piece makes it easy to clean
- Lifetime warranty
- High-quality stainless steel
- Pouring rim
- Dishwasher safe
- Expensive than most ladles
- Made in China may disappoint you
3. Elegance Silver Punch Ladle
Stainless steel punch ladle from Elegance Silver. Creative and modern design, designed with your necessities in mind. The punch will make your work easy. It will help you to pour punch well without dripping.
The ladle is 12 inches in length and can exactly hold 4 oz or 1/2 cup. The punch of this ladle can help you to pour punch well without dripping, pour without spilling. The ladle has hook on the top. So that you can hang or store it in your kitchen railing or wherever you want. Overall the ladle is beautiful and the quality is very nice.
- Made with stainless steel
- Have punch bowl
- Have hook on top
- The ladle’s bowl may be shallow of for some people
4. OXO Good Grips Silicone Everyday Ladle
It’s an OXO ladle with a silicone coating. Additionally, it is very durable and strong, and friendly to non-stick coatings. It has squared rims for smoother pours and mess-free operation. When scraping, its angled design holds liquid in the ladle. Smooth, comfy handle has a distinctive non-slip grip. Easy cleanup with dishwasher compatibility.
This silicon ladle’s soft borders make it easy to transfer food from the pan without damaging the base. The ladle has a length of 13.5 inches and can carry 6.75 ounces of liquid. To hang or store it, there is a space on the top. Generally, this silicone-coated heat-resistant ladle is well-constructed and should simplify your job.
- An excellent gripping covered in silicone
- Sturdy and Strong
- Simple to clean
- For some users, the handle may be larger than others
- It is left with an oil and soap residue layer on it
5. Deiss Art 5-Piece Nylon Utensil Set
This is a kitchen utensil set from DEISS. This utensil set has a soup ladle, a slotted turner, a spaghetti server, a serving spoon, and a slotted serving spoon. This set is made of BPA free Food safe nylon. Which is toxin-free and safe for cooking. The nylon core is flexible, sturdy and durable suitable for all types of cooking and can hoist heavy loads of 2.28lb.
You can use this set, not only in soup but also in flipping, mixing baking and more. The soup ladle from this set can hold 1/2 cups of liquid. The nylon can bear temperature up to 400F or 204C. This has ergonomic design for better use. Comfortable non-slip grip even it’s wet. This comes with lifetime warranty.
- Made with nylon
- Heat resistant
- Good grip
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Can be burn or melt in high temperature, you need to be careful while cooking in high heat
6. Internet’s Best Stainless Steel Soup Ladle
Made with premium stainless steel comfortable to use soup ladle. It has a beautiful design with mirror finishing. This is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. It has ergonomic design and no edges on the handle.
The ladle is 12 inches in length and it can hold about 5 oz. It has a hole on top for easy storing. It can hang on a hook, it can also hang on a magnetic strip.
- Premium Stainless steel
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Comfortable handle
- The ladle’s handle can bend if pressure applies
7. All-Clad Stainless Steel Large Soup Ladle Kitchen Tool
14.5 inches large soup ladle from All-Clad and it can hold 6 oz or 3/4 cups. It comes with lifetime warranty against defects. This is a durable and professional-grade tool made with stainless steelhttps://www.kitchenfeeds.com/best-stainless-steel-kitchen-sink/ and has nice mirror finishing.
It has a hole on top so that you can hang or store it in your kitchen railing or wherever you want. this ladle can be cool when using in using or left in your kitchen pot. Overall, it is a well made & high-quality long ladle. You can take a look at it if you are cooking in large portion, I think it is mostly for heavy uses. Some people say it is best in the market.
- Stainless steel
- Long handle and holds more
- Lifetime Warranty
- It can be large and heavy for some people
8. Restaurantware Stainless Steel Serving Ladle
A large stainless steel made lightweight and strong ladle from Restaurantware. You can this is SUPER large. It is 16 inches in length and it can hold 16 oz. This is heavy-duty and commercial grade. You can use it for big occasions and tasks.
This is dishwasher safe. You can use it on many tasks like in soup, souse, and more. If you have a large pot then don’t worry it can help you there and can make the work a lot easier. Also you can hang or store it in your kitchen.
- Stainless steel
- Large size
- Dishwasher safe
- The handle can be flimsy
9. KitchenAid Gourmet Nylon Ladle
KitchenAid offers a one-year replaceable assurance on its nylon ladle. It includes a sturdy nylon construction and an adjustable grip for convenience. Even non-stick pans can be safely used with nylon. It might be convenient to use. The large head makes preparing and pouring simple. Any type of cookware, even non-stick, can be used safely.
This ladle has a relatively sizable 5.6oz capacity. It doesn’t specify the precise number it can contain. But it’s really capacious. It is dishwasher safe and simple to clean. This ladle can withstand temperatures up to 450°F (232°C). It features a hole on top for hanging or storage.
- Integrates nylon
- Lifelong Sturdiness
- Withstands heat
- Suitable for dishwashing
- Too large for some users
- Flimsy edges
10. OTOTO Swanky Floating Ladle
BPA-free plastic made floating ladle from OTOTO. The most interesting part of this ladle is it will float on water or liquid. This ladle can make your cooking fun. It is made to float on water or liquid and it can balance to stay upright on water and liquid also on counter tops.
The ladle is 11″ in height and it can hold 1/2 cup of soup or other liquids. This dishwasher safe and heat resistant to boiling water. Overall, this floating ladle can make your work easy and it can be also a fun thing for your kitchen.
- BPA-free cookware plastic
- Float on soup or other liquid
- Dishwasher safe, boiling water resistant
- The finishing may not be pleasent
To conclude, all of these 10 ladles are made with high-quality material, you can use them comfortably and they will help you in your kitchen by making cooking more easier and comfortable. We hope you found this post helpful and it solves your problem.
Soup ladles are important for making soup. Without it, you will find difficulties to make soup. It will make transfer soup easier from pot to a bowl. You can also move your soup while cooking.
Now you know our best ladles picks. So don’t wait and choose the best one for you. We hope you will make a perfect bowl and these ladles will play the role of your helping hand. You find this helpful please share this post with your friends and family. And if you have any thoughts please share it in the comment section below.
Read other buying guides:
- 10 Best Parchment Paper Sheets Rolls & Rounds
- 10 Best Insulated Food & Pizza Delivery Bags
- 10 Best Dough & Bench Scrapers
A Ladle Is Not a Ladle: Advice To Help You Find the Right Ladle For Your Pot