Cookies relieve your stress and keep your sadness at bay. The love that someone puts to prepare those cookies… just reflects in the taste.
Now, imagine having a bowl of cookies with exact round shape and an equal portion for all of the pieces… Wow! A delicious cookie is the right mixture of sweetness and strength, and a cookie scoop gives you the perfect presentation of your tasty cookies with equal portions.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Cookie Scoop
- 2 Tips to Use a Cookie Scoop
- 3 Benefits of using a Cookie Scoop
- 4 Our 5 Best Cookie Scoops
- 5 Features to look for while Buying a Cookie Scoop
What is a Cookie Scoop
A cookie scoop is a hemispherical spoon-like tool made using a metallic frame with a spring-loaded mechanism that helps to portion your batter and dough for baking cookies. It comes with a simple scoop and releases action that makes your job quick, easy, and perfect.
So, to use a cookie scoop, fill it with dough and then scrap the excess batter off with the help of bowl edge. Now, press the trigger to release it onto the baking sheet. A cookie scoop will make sure all your cookies are of exactly the same size and round shape.
Related: Best Pastry Cutters
Tips to Use a Cookie Scoop
- Few tricks can help you to leverage the best out of a cooking scoop.
- Use a little olive oil to avoid the dough sticking to your cooking scoop.
- Wear gloves if you are using a metallic frame cookie scoop for a nice grip.
- Use a bowl to clean off the excess dough on your scoop for uniform size.
- Wash the cookie scoops after every use to retain the shine.
- Don’t make a rounded scoop, make a dome shape that is flat on the bottom.
Benefits of using a Cookie Scoop
Cookie scoops have numerous benefits of which few are listed as below:
- You get mostly consistent and uniform batch of cookies while baking.
- Most of the cookie scoops are fast to clean as they are dishwasher safe.
- Easy squeeze and release function that saves your time and offers exciting functions.
- Round and the same portion for all the dough helps in even baking.
- Effortless and time-saving method to scoop a large number of cookies.
- Less mess, and your fingers stay clean… out of the dough.
Our 5 Best Cookie Scoops
Solula Stainless Steel Large Cookie Scoop
A versatile and engaging stainless steel cookie scoop that is quite effortless to use and gives you a nice scooping session. When you have a large amount of dough, and you prefer to bake large and big cookies, it acts as a great choice. It has a nice mirror-polished finish, which gives it a classy appeal.
The cooking scoop uses high quality 18/8 gauge stainless steel, offering you reliable service for years. The professional cooking scoop also has a 2-years replacement warranty, which itself gives proof of its durable product.
- The cookie scoop can work for a number of tasks… scooping meatballs, ice cream, sorbet, melon, fruits, etc. with a large portion.
- The handles for squeezing and releasing is quite a time saving and effortless.
- After heavy usage also, the spring remains intact, and the gears slide very smoothly.
- The high-quality stainless steel doesn’t corrode with regular usage.
- The capacity of large cookie scoop is 4 tablespoons/ 0.25 cups, which would offer around a 4-inches diameter cookie.
Wilton Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop
Another elegant silver color cookie scoop with a squeeze handle that would give you round and same sized cookies most of the time. The shape and the exact size makes the cookies to cook uniformly and turns out to be more delicious.
Gone are the days when you just used spoons to get cookies out of your dough… be an invoice or a professional. You would surely love to have the large cookies scooped using the Wilton cookie scoop. It eliminates your guesswork and drops cookies in similar amounts of dough.
- The stainless steel cookie scoop is well made and you need not worry about the rust and stains with this cookie scoop.
- It has 4 tablespoon capacity, which can help you to cook large size cookies or medium size muffins.
- The cookie scoop is flexible to use for fruits, get uniform melon balls, ground beef for meatballs, and big ice cream scoops.
- Silver cookie scoop is a nice addition to your utensils and remains shiny after every single use giving an incredible performance.
Jenaluca Cookie Scoop Set
A dream product for all the cookie lovers as the cookie scoop set allows you to cook any three different sizes of cookie acting as a chef-quality tool. You get consistent sized round cookies with the amazing versatile cookie scoop set which offers high-quality build and easy usage.
You can think of the cute melon balls of the small, medium, and large size enhancing the grace of your serving dish or the perfect small scoop ice cream for kids and medium to a large scoop of ice creams for the elder ones. Jenaluca cookie scoop set can adapt to all of these tasks quite easily.
- The gears for the cookie scoops have an ergonomic design and glides easily without putting much pressure on your hands and wrists.
- The cookie scoops use 18/8 stainless steel, which is rust-resistant corrosion resistant and is a great heavy-duty and durable product.
- You can use the three scoops set for multiple purposes like 3 size scoopers for ice cream, gelato, truffle, cupcakes, sorbet, and cookies, of course.
- The wiper of the cookie scoops works nicely and ejects the dough cleanly from the cookie scoop.
- The cookie scoop set comes in lustrous packing in plush velvet bags having an elegant packing. So, you can plan to gift something unique and useful on housewarming or other such events.
Homure H Cookie Scoop Set of 3
The cookie scoop set features 3 size scoop, including small, medium, and large size that allows you to use for a variety of purposes. You can achieve the uniform-sized cookies without getting your fingers sticky as the scoop springs for the dough for you.
The 3 cookie scoop set uses high-quality 18/8 gauge stainless steel, offering you a heavy-duty and reliable product. The handle and the spoon ball are thick, unlike other cookie scoops, and would not break or bend easily.
- The cookie scoop features one thick handle that makes you baking sessions more convenient and easier and also improves the product’s stability.
- The scoop has the trigger function with one spring located on the side that you can press with your hand while releasing the cookie dough to your baking sheet.
- The unique design with only one handle and a side trigger allows you to clean the cookie scoop easily as you don’t need to pull apart the handle while cleaning.
- A set of 3 cookie scoops can be used for making three different sizes of cookies, muffins, cupcakes, and scoop melon ball, meatball, ice cream, and more.
- The small cookie scoop features 0.8 oz capacity or can take 1.5 Tbsp of dough, the medium can take 2.8 Tbsp dough or has 1.4 oz capacity, and the large scoop can take 5.4 Tbsp of dough and has 2.7 oz capacity.
Large Cookie Scoop by SaeBye
SaeBye large cookies scoop is a well-crafted stainless steel tool that can help you bake your cookies in a uniform size with fewer efforts. The cookie scoop itself might not be as large as you want it to be, but when it comes to measuring the right cookie size, it is quite big.
The cookie scoop features a simple yet effective design that makes it easier for you to scoop your cookie dough and lay it on your baking sheet for some delicious cookie baking with the simple squeeze and release action.
- The big capacity cooking scoop is 25 inches with 63MM diameter, which can take the dough up to 5.4 tablespoons or 2.7 oz, which is great for large cookies, muffins, or large meatballs.
- With the gleaming surface, the cookie scoop is made using high-quality stainless steel that gives you certain assurance of durability, strength, and safety.
- The innovative design of the cookie scoop uses a cog-and-rachet mechanism instead of the spring that saves a lot of your effort while filling and releasing.
- The large capacity of the cooking scoop allows you to make cute and lovely balls of sorbet, fruit, ice cream, cupcakes, and more, making it a versatile product.
Features to look for while Buying a Cookie Scoop
While buying a cookie scoop, you can focus on some of the general factors that would help you choose the best for you.
- Trigger – Cookie scoops come with various triggers like springs, side trigger, or the cog-and-rachet trigger. Spring triggers put more pressure on your hand and wrist, and side trigger can put the pressure of thumb if you have heavy usage. Cog and Rachet triggers are a good choice as they have an innovative design for less strain.
Related: How to Fix A Cookie Scoop
- Ease of Use – Most of the cookie scoops are easy to use with their squeeze and release mechanism. Full metallic frame handles can be difficult to hold and handle for a longer period. Rubber or plastic handles offer a nice grip than the slippery metallic frames or edgy frames. So, you can choose a scoop that is easy and smooth.
- Cleaning – Cookie scoops work with sticky and viscous dough… so you can choose the scoops made of a material that is easy to clean. Stainless steel remains the best choice as they are dishwasher safe, and it is very easy to clean the sticky dough from stainless steel scoops.
- Size – A small cookie scoop would fit around 2 teaspoons dough, and the resulting cooking will be 2-inches in diameter and works great for regular munching. A medium cookie scoop measuring can take around 1 and a half tablespoons of dough and give a 3-inch cookie in diameter. These cookie scoops are good for medium size muffins or cookie baking. Large size scoops are ideal for the ones who are so lazy to scoop multiple cookies out of the dough but need equal size and round cookies. Large cookie scoop takes around 2.25 ounces of dough and offers a 4-inch cookie.
- 10 Best Exhaust Fans for Kitchen
- 10 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
- 10 Best Slide-in Electric Ranges
Subscribe to our newsletter below.