Modern kitchen without a range hood? It sounds like you are missing a lot of comfort and convenience while you cook. Get an under-cabinet range hood and streamline your cooking experience.
A under cabinet range hood is an effective appliance to emit all the excessive fumes, heat, grease, and unwanted pollutants from your kitchen. When it comes to choosing the type… it might be a tough choice due to the available options. The article will help you in making it easy…
- Remote control
- 4-speed fan
- Extremely durable
- Affordable price
Table of Contents
- 1 What is an Under Cabinet Range Hood?
- 2 Types of Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 3 Benefits of Using Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 4 Factors to consider while buying an Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 5 Our Top 10 Best Under Cabinet Range Hoods
- 5.1 1. Best Technology: Cosmo COS-QS75 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 5.2 2. Best Convertible: Cosmo 5MU30 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 5.3 3. Best Style: Kitchenexus Stainless Steel Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 5.4 4. Best Side-Draft: FOTILE JQG7505 Under-Cabinet Hood
- 5.5 5. Best Overall: Awoco RH-C06-30 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 5.6 6. Best Budget: Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood
- 5.7 7. Best Quiet: KOBE RAX2130SQB-1 Brillia Under Cabinet Range Hood-
- 5.8 8. Best Control: FOTILE JQG7501.E Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 5.9 9. Best Chef Hood: Hauslane Chef Series PS10 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 5.10 10. Best Design: VESTA Stainless Steel Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 6 Conclusion
What is an Under Cabinet Range Hood?
An under-cabinet range hood is a range hood that allows your chimney to be installed under the cabinets above your cooktop. It helps you maintain the looks and décor of your kitchen and is an ideal choice if you have prebuilt cabinets above your cooking space.
It will allow you to maintain the grace of your kitchen as well as provide effective venting.
Related: How Does a Range Hood Work?
Types of Under Cabinet Range Hood
1. Ducted Under Cabinet Range Hoods:
These range hoods offer clean ventilation that removes the oil, smoke, and other pollutants from your kitchen and vents it to the outside air through the help of a duct pipe.
You need to have an opening from your kitchen to outside air to install your duct pipe. Venting is more effective with ducted range hoods.
2. Ductless Under Cabinet Range Hoods:
Ductless range hoods use carbon filters to filter the contaminated kitchen air and recirculates it back to your kitchen to offer you a pleasing workspace. They don’t require outside opening and are great for kitchens in apartments where you can’t install a duct.
Benefits of Using Under Cabinet Range Hood
These are installed under your cabinets just above your cooktop, offering a fantastic appeal to your kitchen as the décor is maintained with the cabinets. They are the most common type of vents that are usually installed in modern kitchens.
It offers great ventilation by removing the unwanted pollutants, heat, and smoke from your kitchen. It helps you protect your health and offers you a pleasing cooking space, especially if you cook food items producing a lot of steam.
These range hoods are available in a lot of designs and styles so that you can match them with the color of your kitchen cabinets.
They even keep your chimney covered, which also helps to hide the grease and dust that would otherwise be clearly visible on your range hood.
Factors to consider while buying an Under Cabinet Range Hood
Below are some of the factors that you should take care of while buying an under-cabinet range hood:
1. Size – For undercabinet range hoods, the size of the hood should be a few inches smaller than the sides of your cabinet so that it is not prone to scratches and fits easily under your cabinets. And the range hood should be around 3” bigger than your cooktop to offer proper ventilation.
2. Ventilation – Ducted under cabinet range hoods offer better ventilation as the smoke, heat, and other excessive unwanted particles are thrown into the outside air. If you live in apartments where duct opening can’t be done, you can go for ductless range hoods.
3. Filters – Mesh filters tap more residues and grease, but they need more effort for cleaning. Baffle filters are cheap and easy to clean. So, you can choose between different types of filters as per your need.
4. Airflow Capacity – The more airflow capacity or CFM…, the faster the ventilation will be. For a small kitchen and less usage, you can go for range hood till 600 CFM but for heavy usage and big kitchen prefer CFM greater than 600.
5. Noise – Check the max noise level and minimum noise level before buying a range hood so you get a quiet operation and can enjoy talks and listening to any helpful audio/videos.
Our Top 10 Best Under Cabinet Range Hoods
Here are our top 10 picks and comparison for different under cabinet range hoods:
|1||Cosmo COS-QS75 Under Cabinet Range Hood||30”||500 CMF||22 x 29.5 x 10 inches||Convertible hood Permanent Filters Remote Control Damper|
|2||Cosmo 5MU30 Under Cabinet Range Hood||30”||200CFM||19.75 x 29.75 x 5.5 inches||Back-draft Damper 5 control buttons 3 fan modes Reusable Mesh Filters|
|3||Kitchenexus Stainless Steel Under Cabinet Range Hood||30”||300CFM||29.8 x 18 x 5 inches||Hybrid Baffle filters 3 ways to vent Powerful bronze motor Push Control Button|
|4||FOTILE JQG7505 Under-Cabinet Hood||30”||620CFM||18.25 x 29.9 x 17.45 inches||Touch Screen 4-quick airflow option Sensors to turn the hood with hand waves|
|5||Awoco RH-C06-30 Under Cabinet Range Hood||30”||900CFM||29.5 x 19.75 x 6 inches||Baffle Filters 3 minutes timer Bright LED light 4-speed power operation Auto Shut Off Damper Included|
|6||Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood||30”||160CFM||17.5 x 6 x 30 inches||Charcoal Filters 2-speed motor Incandescent lighting Ductless hood ADA compliant|
|7||KOBE RAX2130SQB-1 Brillia Under Cabinet Range Hood||30”||750CFM||20 x 29.75 x 12.18 inches||3-speed mechanical push button Include dampers Quiet mode Seamless Design Baffle Filters|
|8||FOTILE JQG7501.E Under Cabinet Range Hood||30”||850CFM||29.88 x 18.25 x 17.44 inches||Automatic Baffle plate Oil Fume Suction Time Delay function Powerful Dual motors Touch Screen Opens up at a 90-degree angle|
|9||Hauslane Chef Series PS10 Under Cabinet Range Hood||30”||950CFM||33 x 26 x 12.5 inches||Baffle Filters 3-speed settings Dishwasher safe Auto delay shut off Touch screen panel|
|10||VESTA Stainless Steel Under Cabinet Range Hood||30”||860CFM||29.8 x 22 x 7 inches||6 speed Touch Screen Control Triple ventilation High suction power Baffle Filters Heavy-duty motors.|
1. Best Technology: Cosmo COS-QS75 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Remote control
- 4-speed fan
- Extremely durable
- Affordable price
- Includes Damper
- Auto shutoff timer
- Cannot vent to the rear
- No replacement dampers available
Cosmo presents a 30″ modern under cabinet range hood, which is efficient and top vented. The hood is specially designed for homeowners or builders with limited space. The hood offers you a 500 CFM airflow capacity that has a 4-speed fan control.
Anyone looking for a quiet and energy-efficient hood equipped with the latest technology should go for it. It saves cost by utilizing high-lumen LED lighting. You have the choice to change the device from ducted to ductless with an optional Carbon Filter Kit.
It features dishwasher-safe Metal filters, Removable grease filters, and remote control. It will also have a bulb, Damper, Fan, Hardware, Installation kit, and a power cord.
You also get a top vented 7.5″ round duct with the hood. This range hood has a 5 years limited warranty too. You can trust Cosmo for your next kitchen appliance for premium quality at factory-direct prices.
2. Best Convertible: Cosmo 5MU30 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Very quiet operation
- Two 3W LED Bulbs.
- Two ducting options- from the rear or the top
- Both ducted and ductless
- Control panel is simplistic
- Easy installation process
- Slim space-saving design
- Not dishwasher friendly filters
- Not many bright LED lights
- Blowers are not that much powerful.
My next choice is a flexible 30″ under cabinet range hood that can be installed as a ducted and a ductless hood. The best part is if you choose ducted, you can install it either from the rear or from the top. It is very easy to convert into ductless just to close both ends.
It has a very user-friendly control panel. You get 200CFMairflow controlled with simple push buttons rather than an electronic interface. So, it frees you from some of the control circuit problems.
The device comes with sufficient protection leads. You will not get any dents on arrival. A ducted vent of 5″ is available with the hood. The voltage offered by the appliance is 110-120Volts with a maximum sound level of 65dB only.
The installation process is also very easy. The appliance comes in handy with all the required screws and tools. The original package includes the filters, but if you need the charcoal filters for ductless installation, you need to purchase them separately.
3. Best Style: Kitchenexus Stainless Steel Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Modern Slim design
- ETL licensed
- Three ways to vent
- Bronze powerful motor
- New hybrid baffle filters
- High quality
- Easy to remove and install filters
- Convenient push-button control
- Not much quiet operation
- No protective films on the stainless steel
- Very little airflow capacity
Kitchenexus is a well-known brand that provides attractive and high-quality range hoods.
It’s a 30″ modern, sleek kind of hood. Consisting of bright LED lights and a new type of baffle filter, it removes the unwanted smoke, steam, grease, and cooking odors from your kitchen.
These filters are dishwasher-safe, extremely durable, easy to clean as well as install.
Everyone will be amazed by the hood’s slim design, and it is perfect for those who are curious in terms of beauty. It features powerful fans and a three-speed push-button panel with 300 CFM capacity.
You need not worry about quality as the hood is ETL certified. It is a premium quality range hood. The premium brushed stainless steel matches seamlessly with existing kitchen appliances for a modern high-class look.
4. Best Side-Draft: FOTILE JQG7505 Under-Cabinet Hood
- High efficiency
- Onyx Black colored device
- 90° automatic open baffle plate
- Hands-free on and off
- Touch Screen.
- Quick Stir Fry mode
- 5 years limited warranty
- Optional Wall Mount or Under the Cabinet installation
- Doesn’t have auto-clean feature.
A delightful 30″ first side-draft range hood which comes with dual DC motors…. boasting maximum static pressure at 540Pa. The noise level is only 38dB that lets you enjoy conversations with your family and friends or listen to your favorite TV program while cooking.
You don’t have to touch the device with your greasy or wet hands because it provides Infrared technology sensors. With the wave of your hand, the hood turns on/off without smudging the surface.
The dual centrifugal motor and the impeller are used to separate up to 92% of grease and fumes, 98% odor reduction from the surrounding air. You get 6″ round duct pipe with the hood. The tray and filters can also be removed and reinstalled for quick cleaning.
It features 750-800 CFM airflow with 4 quick-adjust airflow speeds, along with a Quick stir fry mode if you hold it 2 seconds. This gives you instant rid of smoke while cooking Fajitas, pepper steak, pan-fried salmon, etc. The maximum wattage is 210W.
5. Best Overall: Awoco RH-C06-30 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 2 Baffle filters
- 3 Minutes Timer
- Dishwasher Safe Baffle Filters
- Energy Saving Cold Bright LED Light
- 4 Speeds Powerful Operation
- Brush Finishing stainless steel
- Auto Shut Off
- No oil holders needed
- Air damper is included
- ETL certified
- Extra button to push each and every time to turn the device on
- Difficult installation
- Not as powerful as expected
- Lighting is more than adequate
If you are looking for a range hood for commercial or residential use… Awoco range hood is an optimum choice. It is a 30″ range hood with 900 CFM airflow capacity that adds a modern look to your kitchen with its sleek, low-profile stainless-steel professional range.
The appliance includes 1mm thick stainless steel with brush finishing. The hood features energy-saving cold, bright LED lights. These LEDs are bright enough to cover your whole range top. The range hood also contains 2 stainless steel baffle air filters which are dishwasher safe.
Simply wash the tray to clean the grease. You get four speeds of powerful operation- with 3 minutes timer, which can be used for both light cooking and high steaming actions. Its Minimum noise level is 49dB/4.5 sones, and the maximum is 62dB/11.0 sones.
The hood includes an air damper and has a 6″ round top exhaust vent.
6. Best Budget: Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood
- Effective incandescent lighting
- Easy care
- Charcoal filters
- 2 Speed Motor
- Ideal Size
- One-year limited warranty
- Provides fresh air
- Variety in colors and width
- Warranty is comparatively less
- No hardware included
- Not much good packaging
- Less airflow
A practical and low-price range 30” hood that provides effective filtration, high quality, and value. It includes a removable combination of grease-charcoal filters that gives you the ability to remove the smoke and odors effectively.
The vent includes 75-Watt incandescent lighting, which evenly distributes the light over the cooktop. The charcoal filters are replaceable so that an optimum grease capture can be maintained and your kitchen is kept fresh.
In this Broan model, the sides are mitered, and the bottom edge is hemmed, with no sharp edges for safety and good looks. The airflow capacity is 160CFM, and power ratings are 120Volts/240Wattage.
You also get a separate rocker switch to control the light and two 2-speed fan for easy use. The motor provided is permanently lubricated. It is an ideal solution to your ventilation needs which serves as both an overhead light and exhaust fan for your stove.
7. Best Quiet: KOBE RAX2130SQB-1 Brillia Under Cabinet Range Hood-
- Includes installation Screws
- Includes Dampers
- Includes installation Instruction
- Quitemode function available
- Seamless design and satin finish
- LEDs have a very short life
- Blinking fan lights
Another excellent 30″ hood equipped with a three-speed mechanical push button with a powerful airflow of a maximum of 750 CFM. In spite of such good venting speed, the device is very silent and efficient in terms of noise. You get three modes… Quiet mode (1.0 sone), Low, and High with a noise rating of 40dB.
The range hood features a beautiful seamless design since its handcrafted with commercial-grade stainless steel. Its sleek body is suitable for taller cabinets too. It has a 6″ round vent that comes with an internal blower.
The device comprises professional baffle filters that absorb all the unwanted smoke and odor. The maximum power rating is 300W/2.5A. Its unique design includes easy-to-empty catch areas, and you can clean the fans even without disassembling the hood due to the smooth surface.
8. Best Control: FOTILE JQG7501.E Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Powerful dual motors
- Screen Lock Function
- Touch Screen
- Oil fume suction with high performance
- Time delay function.
- Automatic Baffle Plate
- 5 years limited warranty
- Hassle-free installation
- Covers a range of 6 square feet
- Odor reduction
- Easy to maintain
- Intelligent function
- Heavy product
- Difficult to install
An appealing 30″ ducted hood with a side-draft design which leads the cooking fumes to the air inlet and reduces them from spreading. It has a 90˚ automatic open baffle plate covering the range space up to 6 square feet.
It has a screen lock function also so that while you are cleaning the surface, it doesn’t turn on. The hood offers 850CFM high airflow, and the noise level is only 39dB.
It has a touch control with three-speed settings. So, it is suitable for all who prefer different types of cooking styles. This device has a delay function that ensures that there is no smell left after you finish cooking your meals and ready to gobble into it.
9. Best Chef Hood: Hauslane Chef Series PS10 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Dishwasher safe baffle filters.
- Three-speed setting.
- Energy-saving lights
- Auto delay shut off.
- Professional 900CFM airflow.
- Powerful suction
- Touch screen panel
- Grumbling fan noise
- Heavy unit
- Problems with the clock feature
An optimum and efficient 30″ appliance for a busy kitchen as it offers900CFM capacity. This device cleans grease, fumes, smoke, and cooking odors from the air quite effectively.
The vent has a strong and sleek stainless-steel body along with a sleek control panel. The panel operates the energy-saving LED lights and three ventilation levels.
You can even use the convenient delay auto-shutoff feature to clean and remove all the odors when you are done with cooking, enjoying your feast.
The hood offers a different kind of baffle filters that incorporate professional cooking designs with deep grooves to collect the cooking grease. You get three-speed settingswith apower consumption of 120Volts/190Watts.
10. Best Design: VESTA Stainless Steel Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Touch screen control panel
- High suction power.
- 6-Speed Touch Control
- High 860CFM airflow capacity.
- Triple ventilation
- One-year limited factory warranty plus Lifetime motor warranty
- A heavyweight of 52.8 pounds.
- Not powerful as expected
An aesthetic 30″ under cabinet range hood to deal with excessive oil and smoke in your kitchen to allow a pleasing workspace. It offers a high 860 CFM airflow and is available with an innovative curve design.
It features 6-speed touch control for easy usage. You get baffle filters with the stainless-steel range hood with heavy-duty motors removing the cooking smell effectively. Its maximum noise level is 65dB.
The range hood offers you faster and triple ventilation. The ducted hood installation is an ideal choice if you have high cooking needs, prefer wok-style cooking, which emits more heat as the high suction power will capture all the unnecessary gasses and steam.
Still getting confused with these many options… No worry, let me recommend you some products based on industry standards and my personal opinion.
In my opinion, Awoco under cabinet range hood is an ideal choice as you get a timer, baffle filters, easy cleaning, auto shutoff, and quiet operation with heavy airflow capacity. If you prefer the ease of usage and touch control with good power, then the FOTILE JQG7505 range hood is better.
If you have a small kitchen with less usage and no duct opening, Broan NuTone ductless range hood will be the best budget deal.
Do let me know your opinions on the same as it would help me provide more beneficial information in the future!!! Happy Buying.