If you live in an area where you get hard water, then you must know how difficult and painful it is.
Kitchen Faucets are the center of attention in your dream kitchen… and an integral part of the kitchen that you cannot remove. Kitchen Faucets are not something you would keep on changing regularly, so it is essential that you choose the desired faucet first time only.
If you get hard water in your kitchen, a common issue you will face is mineral deposits or calcium buildup, which would not look good as well as reduce the durability of your kitchen faucet.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is A Faucet?
- 2 Different Types Of Faucets
- 3 Our 5 Best Kitchen Faucets You Need To Check Out
- 4 Features To Look For Before Buying A Kitchen Faucets For Hard Water
What Is A Faucet?
A faucet is essentially a piece of equipment or device that avail water from the plumbing system. Generally, most faucets consist of handles, cartridges, aerators, and mixing chambers. Faucets are mostly made of brass or stainless steel. Brass has excellent chemical properties that will help to reduce the hardness of the water.
There are quite alluring and classy options available for kitchen faucets. You get a variety of options… like, pull out and pull down sprayer, high or low arc kitchen faucets. You can choose the desired option as per the space available on your countertop and the type of installation you prefer.
Related: Best Exhaust Fans for Kitchen
Different Types Of Faucets
- Ball faucet: This type of faucet comes with only a single handle with a cap that is typically round or ball-shaped. This type of faucet is the one that is most commonly used in kitchens.
- Cartridge faucet: A cartridge faucet comes with two handles and is commonly used when you need lines for both hot water and cold water in a single place. Such cartridges are usually mostly seen in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Disc Faucet: A more modern version of faucets, these faucets take a turn from traditional and conventional faucet designs. Disc faucets consist of only a single lever but will have two ceramic disks. Two disks will usually control the flow of water by moving and back and forth inside a mixing chamber.
- Compression washer faucet: A compression washer faucet has a really old and traditional design. They are quite cheap but have significant leakage issues, which do not really make them the best choice for a faucet.
Our 5 Best Kitchen Faucets You Need To Check Out
Kraus KPF-1640CH Nola Kitchen Faucet
Sleek and very aesthetic, this is a faucet that will complement all sorts of kitchens with its superb finish. It has a very sleek, clean and double-coil design providing an additional reinforcement for the ergonomic spray head. Its dual functioning sprayer can easily switch between the aerated spray and stream.
The faucet has best-in-industry Neoperl aerator that automatically enables you to use it with ease, and without having to worry about fluctuating water pressure levels.
The aerator has been developed in such a way that, along with reducing water splashes all over the sink, the issue of additional side spray is also eliminated, which will help you to make significant cost savings related to water and energy in the long run. It has Kerox ceramic cartridge which ensures drip-free use for a long haul.
On the faucet spray head, soft rubber nozzles are attached to prevent the buildup of lime, calcium, and hard water. It’s a huge advantage as you can use this faucet without any worries, even if your water supply is limited to hard water.
Its flat single-lever handle adds to its beauty, enabling better flow and temperature control. Its made up of top-quality brass for longer durability and performance.
- Neoperl Aerator
- Splash-Free Single-Lever Flow Control
- Magnetic Docking
- Dual Function Spray that seamlessly switches between aerated stream and powerful stream of water along with a Stream Pull-Down Spray Head
- 360-degree spout swivel
- Kerox Ceramic Cartridge
WEWE Single Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet
An attractive, aesthetically pleasing brush nickel faucet with a pure brass finish has made this one a popular product. You have the option to choose from either a single-hole or three-hole installation as per your sink requirements.
It has a multi-flow mode providing three different modes in a single faucet, i.e., stream mode, spray mode, and pause mode. The faucet intents on making your dishwashing experience quite a fun and lively one. The pause mode can be quite handy when you are washing two different things, and you don’t want to turn off the faucet or close the handle every time.
The stream mode is great when you need to clean by filling in your utensils, and the spray mode is pretty useful when you need a wider and deeper cleaning. The pause button also helps you to avoid splashing water while switching the modes, making sure even the water is not wasted.
- Ceramic valve with an ABS plastic aerator
- Multifunctional Water Effect with 3 separate modes
- A single handle which makes controlling water temperature much easier
- Corrosion and rust-resistant finish
American Standard Soft 1 Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
A cute and sturdy faucet for your sink, this faucet will not only look stunning against your kitchen backdrop, but it is quite functional too. It has a classic design with a deck-mounted installation. It’s an environmentally friendly product, which even prevents water wastage.
The faucet is made up of ceramic disc valve cartridges that proudly boasts of being a drip-free and maintenance-free performance for an entire lifetime. The faucet also comes with a pull-down spray that has the much-loved pause feature. Another interesting feature is the Memory Position Valving, which allows the user to turn the valve on/off as per his/her preferred temperature settings without the need to adjust the handle each time.
The tall swivel spout has a perfect looking brass finish to it. Along with being corrosion and rust-resistant, the faucet is also resistant to scratches and tarnishes, thus ensuring a long and beautiful life. It even has a pull-down spray, which is used to adjust the spray pattern to either spray or pause the flow. It has two integral check valves prevent backflow of water, making it more reliable and durable.
- Drip-free for a lifetime
- Handle is approved by ADA (Americans with Disability Act)
- Pull-down sprayer with an adjustable spray pattern
- Comes in 2 designs: classic design and slim design
- Meets all the safety standards set by the government
Ufaucet Modern Best Stainless Steel Water Filtration Faucet
It’s quite simple to use, has a simple and minimal design but with great features, meeting all industry standards. It looks great in a contemporary-styled kitchen.
Its brushed nickel finished body prevents it from getting any hard water stains, prevents rust and tarnish too. The faucet has a 360-degree swivel feature making it highly functional and multi-purpose oriented. It typically comes as a deck-mounted faucet, thus being compatible with most types of kitchen sinks.
The inner tubes are made up of lead-free, 304 stainless steel that purifies the water and makes it safe to drink. The faucet has a replaceable ceramic cartridge, which enables long term usage and smooth flow of water.
- Single handle, which makes it quite functional
- 360-degree swivel range
- Disc valves made of industry-standard ceramic
- Lead-free stainless coating
- Brass and ceramic cartridge
Engdenton Faucet Water Filter Stainless-Steel
The main and most important feature of this strong and sturdy faucet is that it consists of superior Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filtration technology that automatically restricts the growth of bacteria. It also removes sand, dust, organics, and dirt, which makes the water very safe for consumption. It further reduces the chorine and odor, making the water taste better than the original supply.
The faucet is made up of high-quality 304 stainless steel, which is crack-proof, leak-proof, durable, and lasts for a lifetime. It can bear any water pressure making the filter strong to avoid any bursting or leakage. It provides a great flow of water, approximately 8 cups of clean water in a minute.
It has a 360-degree swivel, making it easier for you to adjust as per your requirement. The installation is quite simple and will take 5 minutes to install if you want to do it by yourself. Best suited for those areas where the taste of water is not pleasant.
- ACF filtration technology helps to remove chlorine and odor from the water
- High water flow up to 0.5 GPM
- Stainless steel water filter reduces water pressure
- 360-degree swivel that enables you to drink water directly from the faucet, thus eliminating the need for a cup.
Features To Look For Before Buying A Kitchen Faucets For Hard Water
Here are all the important features you need to consider before buying a faucet:
- Don’t just be smitten with looks – Yes, looks matter, especially if you are looking to upgrade your kitchen or just want everything to look presentable. But do not buy faucets solely based on how pretty they’ll look in your kitchen, make sure you take into account other features of functionality too.
- Water flow and pressure need to be considered – High pressure and speedy water flow will only lead to the water being splashed everywhere. Check for faucets that have a steady and balanced water flow without too much pressure.
- Spout height and spout reach – Make sure that the spout height, as well as spout reach of the faucet, will accommodate the design structure of your sink. Otherwise, it will be too much work and restricts the natural ease with which kitchen faucets usually work.
- Choose a single handle over a double handle – Sure, a double handle may look great and may even appear to be easy to use, but truth be told, a single handle would be the most convenient type of faucet you’ll get.
- Don’t buy products that need high maintenance – Having to worry about your faucet’s maintenance constantly will actually cause more trouble than you think. Completely avoid high maintenance faucets and go for the simpler ones instead.
- Number of holes in your sink – This is one factor that most people overlook, considering it to be irrelevant. The truth is that unless you buy a faucet that matches the precise number of holes in your sink, any other faucet you may buy is of no use.
- Water filtering features – A lot of people spend extra money on buying water bottles, which are not just expensive in the long run but contribute to the buildup of plastic bottles in our environment. This is why you should check for water filtering features in your faucet and buy one if the costs fit within your budget.
- 10 Best Kitchen & Soup Ladles
- 10 Best Over The Range Microwave Convection Oven Combo
- 10 Best Slide-in Electric Ranges
Subscribe to our newsletter below.