A bench scraper can make cutting and scraping easy.
If you want to scrap your bowl or cut dough for your bread a bench scraper is a very helpful tool for these kinds of tasks. It can do many other tasks besides these. A good bench scraper will make your work easy. It can also help you with many other tasks than scraping.
If you are finding the best bench scraper for you that will make your work easier you are in the right place. It can be a game-changer if you pick the right one. But if you pick the wrong one it can be stressful. But don’t worry, here I list 10 top bench scrapers from our list. You can choose the perfect one for you.
OXO Good Grips Scraper & Chopper
- Stainless steel blade
- Quarter inch markings for measuring
- Large, comfortable non-slip handle
- Dishwasher safe
- OXO Better Guarantee
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Bench Scraper?
- 2 How to choose a bench scraper which best fits you?
- 3 Our Top 10 Best Bench Scrapers
- 3.1 1. OXO Good Grips Multi-purpose Stainless Steel Scraper & Chopper
- 3.2 2. Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Bowl Scraper
- 3.3 3. Dexter-Russell White Dough Cutter/Scraper
- 3.4 4. Norpro Grip-EZ Scraper/Chopper
- 3.5 5. Chef’n Pastrio 3-in-1 Bench Scraper Set
- 3.6 6. Spring Chef Stainless Steel Pastry Scraper/Bench Scraper Chopper
- 3.7 7. Norpro Stainless Steel Scraper/Chopper
- 3.8 8. Anmarko Stainless Steel Metal Griddle Scraper Chopper
- 3.9 9. Leonyo Bench Dough Scraper
- 3.10 10. Winware Stainless Steel Dough Scraper with Wood Handle
- 3.11 Conclusion
What is Bench Scraper?
Bench scraper is a rectangular piece of usually metal with plastic handle on top. It’s can be also made of plastic, wood, rubber or silicone. It is also known as pastry scraper, dough scraper, bench knife sometimes baker’s knife.
As the name says it is used in while making pastry, bread and other kinds of dough to scrape off dough that stuck to the bowl or work surface. It can be also used in cutting dough, chopping foods, transfer foods and so on.
How to choose a bench scraper which best fits you?
Here are the factors that you should consider when buying and choosing bench scraper that best fits your needs:
1. Size – You should consider the size of bench scraper that you are buying. Most bench scrapers are 6 inches in length and the hight may differ between 3-4 inches. There are also different sizes that you can choose. Before buying you should consider the ease of using and select the bench scraper which will be easier to use according to you. Don’t buy one the at is too large or bulky for you and harder to use.
2. Material – There are mainly 2 types of bench scraper material that used to make the body: metal and plastic. The handle can be made of plastic, metal, wood, rubber or silicone. Most of the bench scrapers come with metal blade and plastic handle. You can choose which is more comfortable for you. If you choose metal scraper make sure it is stainless steel or you can see rust on your metal bench scraper.
3. Sharpness – You can consider this if your purpose is to chop. If you are buying a bench scraper for chopping then you should look at the sharpness of the bench scraper. If it is sharp enough to chop or cut foods. I think for chopping you should get heavy-duty metal scraper which is sharp.
4. Measuring Marks – It will help you to measure while cooking. Measurement marks are printed on the bottom of the blade. If you need to measure while cooking then it will be essential for you. Make sure the ink used is good and doesn’t fade off or come into food.
5. Handle – There are many kinds of handles like plastic, metal, wooden. You should look at the handle and see if it is non-slip and comfortable to hold for you. I think plastic and rubber handles are more comfortable and nonslip that metal handle.
Our Top 10 Best Bench Scrapers
|OXO Good Grips||A+|
|Norpro Stainless Steel||A|
|Leonyo Bench Dough Scraper||A|
|Winware Stainless Steel Dough Scraper||A+|
1. OXO Good Grips Multi-purpose Stainless Steel Scraper & Chopper
OXO scraper & chopper has sturdy blade made with stainless steel. It is great for cutting, scraping, chopping and more. It has quarter-inch markings on its blade and soft comfortable large non-slip handle. It will keep your hands away from your food because of its tallness.
You can cut dough, transfer food, section crusts and more with this bench scraper. It is dishwasher safe. This scraper comes with OXO Better Guarantee which means you will get repair or replacement if you experience an issue. It is one of the top-rated bench scrapers, it is worth to check it out.
2. Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Bowl Scraper
Multi-purpose bench scraper from AmazonBasics. It can be also used as a chopper, you can also use it when measuring. This bench scraper has measurement marks of 1-inch near the blade edge for perfectly measuring your items. Made with stainless steel blade and non-slip handle for comfortable use.
The handle is thick and non-slip gives you a secure hold when working. If you are using is as a dough scraper and when your hands are covered in flour it will give you stable grip and helps you to divide or chop food correctly. It is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. This bench scraper/chopper comes with limited one-year warranty by AmazonBasics.
3. Dexter-Russell White Dough Cutter/Scraper
White dough cutter/scraper with polypropylene handle from Dexter-Russell. This scraper comes with 100% lifetime warranty with “No Hassle”. This scraper is 6″x3″ made with German stainless steel. It has razor-sharp fine edges and it is NSF(National Sanitation Foundation) certified. It can easily separate dough and it has slip-resistant polypropylene grip to prevent slipping from hand. This handle can withstand both high and low temperature.
4. Norpro Grip-EZ Scraper/Chopper
Nopro scraper with comfortable soft-grip santoprene handle made with stainless steel blade. It measures at 6″x4″x1.5″. Easy to grip will give you more control. It can be used in different ways. You can use it to scrap and split dough, crushing, chopping, measuring. It is ideal tool for chopping and dividing dough, rolls, brownies and more. It has measuring guide on blade it will allow you to easily measure and cut dough.
5. Chef’n Pastrio 3-in-1 Bench Scraper Set
Bench scraper set from Chef’n Pastrio it contains 3 bench scraper of different sizes. You can cut and scrape dough with it on different surfaces. It has both stainless steel and plastic bench scraper. It is made with BPA-free plastic and stainless steel. It can thoroughly scoop items out of bowl and it can reach into curved surfaces. It is designed to easy storage, all 3 pieces will nest together. All pieces are dishwasher safe.
6. Spring Chef Stainless Steel Pastry Scraper/Bench Scraper Chopper
Sturdy stainless steel bench scraper from Spring Chef with a bonus bowl scraper. You can use it not just a bench scraper you can also use it in different tasks like chop fruits or vegetables, cut dough for pastries/pizzas/rolls, etc. It can be also used in cleaning countertops, frosting on cake or a mini cake lifter and so on. Stainless steel will last long time, it is firm and not flimsy.
It is also sharp enough so that you can cut thoroughly. It comes with lifetime warranty. It has measurement markings up to 6 inches and food will not stick to it which means you will save time and less frustration. You will get a bonus bowl scraper that will help you to scrape last bit of dough or batter from bowl. You can scrape flat surfaces with the stainless steel bench scraper and scrape curved surface with the bones bowl scraper.
7. Norpro Stainless Steel Scraper/Chopper
Full stainless steel scraper from Norpro with measuring marks. You can use it in various uses. This steel bench scraper measures 6″x4″. It is designed to scrape & split bread dough you can also do crushing, chopping and measuring with it. It is ideal for chop and divide dough, rolls, brownies, deserts bars and more.
Measuring guide on the blade will help you easily measure and cut doughs. It is handy for transfer ingredients to a bowl or clean flour on countertops. It is durably contracted with comfortable handle that will give you easy grip and extra control.
8. Anmarko Stainless Steel Metal Griddle Scraper Chopper
Stainless steel bench scraper from Anmarko. It is made from sturdy stainless steel that makes it durable and heavy-duty. This metal blade is also non-reactive and hygiene. This bench scraper has non-slip rubber handle which is ergonomic and comfortable that will give you firm grip.
It has measuring guide and inch-marking scale. You can do accurate measuring while cooking. This scraper can be used in different tasks like a gribble scraper bench knife, as dough cutter. You can use it also in bbq and grill, cast iron, cutting pizza or use as a flat metal spatula. You can wash this bench scraper in dishwasher, it is dishwasher safe.
9. Leonyo Bench Dough Scraper
Commercial grade stainless steel metal griddle scraper chopper from Leonyo. It comes with 3 pieces, 2 bench scraper and 1 basting brush. The bench scraper is made of commercial-grade pure 420 stainless steel and the basting brush is made of ABS shatter-proof plastic.
The blade measures 6″x3″. The handle will give you easy grip, it has ergonomic design and lightweight for more comfort. This is non-toxic and dishwasher safe. It has both inch and centimeter measurements and conversion to help you in measuring while cooking. The silicone basting brush is heat resistant up to 446F. It works well in baking, grilling and in griddle.
10. Winware Stainless Steel Dough Scraper with Wood Handle
Wood handle scraper from Winware. Made with durable stainless steel blade and sturdy wood handle. It measures 6 inches by 3 inches. It has professional quality, it can be used in scraping, lifting and cleaning. It is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. You can also use it as dough scraper for bread, cookies, etc. It can be an essential tool for professional chefs like pastry chefs and bread makers.
A bench scraper is a kitchen essential to many and a very useful baking tool. I think it not so easy to choose a bench scraper to your needs. It is very useful in many cooking and baking purposes. I shared our top 10 bench scarpers to you and now you know how to pick one that best serves your needs. Now it’s your time to pick one and start your baking adventure. If you have anything to share please feel free to state in the comment section below.