While cooking or preparing meals, the smoke, odors, or grease produced stay in your kitchen, resulting in an especially unpleasant smell. Thus, you need a range hood to improve the air quality in your kitchen by eliminating odors, smoke, oil, and other contaminants from the air created when cooking.
It is ideal for persons who spend most of their time in the kitchen, such as housewives, chefs, or home cooks.
There are plenty of range hoods to choose from depending on your requirements and their features, durability, size, effectiveness, CFM Airflow, controls, filters, etc. That is why you should be careful before purchasing one. Here we have listed the best range hood for gas stove.
- High-quality material
- Easy to clean and maintain
Benefits of using a range hood for gas stove
- Vents fumes or smoke that can be harmful to your health outside the kitchen
- Improves the air quality in the kitchen so that you can cook peacefully every day, without coughing or choking.
- Get rid of the unpleasant cooking smell, leaving a fresh kitchen.
- Eliminates grease and moisture, which can occur during cooking and keeps your kitchen clean.
- Offers extra lighting to prepare food even at night, without waking anyone else
- Add more charm and beauty to your kitchen aesthetics.
How to Choose The Best Range Hood For Gas Stove?
Here are some of the factors you should keep in mind before you purchase the best range hood:
1. Types – There are three types to choose from:
- Ducted Range Hoods: It releases air particles by discharging the smoke outside the kitchen through vents. Its installation takes time and money, thus can be quite expensive.
- Non-Ducted Range Hood: Instead of extracting air from the kitchen, it concentrates on air recirculation. Suck the fumes and smoke, filter the air and release fresh air to improve the air quality in the kitchen. These are less effective than ducted hoods, yet they are less expensive and compact.
- Convertible Range Hood: It can be used in both ducted and non-ducted ways, depending on the space you have.
2. Style – Look which style suits your kitchen and requirements in the best way.
- Under-cabinet: These are an ideal alternative for people who have cupboards or cabinet storage over their cooktop. You can keep the extra cabinet storage space while also upgrading your kitchen ventilation fan with this range hood model by replacing it.
- Wall-mount: These are the most commonly used ones and are secured on the kitchen wall. In this case, you should mount your wall range hood around 28′′-36′′ between the hood’s base and the stove so that you may trap cooking smoke and extend the life of your range hood.
- Island-mount: They are available in a variety of designs and styles. Unlike wall-mounted ones, these are not mounted against a wall. For greater air circulation in the kitchen, they require higher CFM to improve their performance and filter as much undesirable air as possible from your kitchen.
3. Size – Usually, kitchen range hoods come in several sizes, including 24, 30, 36, and 42 inches. The range hood should be at least as wide as the range itself. If you have enough room, it’s usually a good idea to go one size up. If your stove is 30 inches wide, a 36-inch hood will suffice.
4. Strength – Another important factor to consider before you pick an ideal range hood is the CFM airflow. A range hood’s suction capacity is commonly calculated in Cubic Feet Per Minute (CFM), which is a measuring indication of airflow velocity.
A good rule of thumb for range hoods is to have 1 CFM of venting power for every 100 BTU (British Thermal Unit). So, if you have a gas range with 40,000 BTUs of cooking power, you’d want a range hood of 400 CFM at least.
5. Filters – All range hoods use mesh filters or baffle filters to trap grease. Mesh filters are less expensive and more effective than baffle filters, but they are more difficult to clean and do not last as long. Whereas baffle filters are easy to maintain. It is also long-lasting.
These filters are often made of aluminum and are dishwasher-safe (though washing by hand can be tedious, it is preferable to do so for the filters to last long). Charcoal filters are also used in non-ducted range hoods to clean the air.
6. Thermostat Control – Here is another feature to consider, which is the thermostat control. This feature allows you to manage the heat within the device. Thermostat control is ideal since it detects the amount of heat in the unit and allows you to turn the machine on/off.
This is a premium function that may not be available in all range hoods.
Our Top Picks
Best Functional: Cosmo 63175S
“Energy-efficient range hood with a maximum airflow of 380 CFM and the ability to manage smoke and odors. It works with a wide range of stove models and produces a safe and healthy environment in your kitchen.”
Best Premium: FOTILE JQG7522
“A premium and a sleek range hood that provides considerable performance while having a minimalist design.”
Best Overall: Cosmo COS-QS75
“It has an airflow capacity of 500 CFM, making it perfect for most cooking operations. Can easily be installed behind a cabinet to save space.“
Best Budget: Broan-NuTone 413004
“It comes with a high-quality ductless range hood that will suit the basic demands of your kitchen. You will appreciate its various functions and consistency in cleaning the air quality of your kitchen daily.”
Best Convertible: Cosmo 5MU30
“A convenient and convertible choice with a noiseless three-speed motor which is space-efficient too.”
Our Top 5 Best Range Hoods For Gas Stove
1. Best Functional: Cosmo 63175S
- High-quality material
- Easy to clean and maintain
A non-ducted range hood for the kitchen is quite effective for saving cabinet space. This 30-inch wall mount kitchen range hood has a 380 CFM airflow ideal for reducing smoke and odors from the kitchen.
It features durable 2-watt energy-efficient LEDs that provide clear lighting for those late-night kitchen visits.
It even has a soft-touch control for a three-speed exhaust fan (High, Medium, and Low), allowing effective air suction. Its ARC-FLOW Permanent Baffle Filters are effective while being easy to maintain.
The body is made of stainless steel and has been skillfully designed to give your kitchen a modern appeal. As a result, it is easier to clean and lasts longer than most range hoods. The maintenance of these filters is simple; there is no need to replace them. Simply put them in the dishwasher for fast cleanup and lower your maintenance costs.
It is compatible with various stove models and creates a safe and healthy environment in your kitchen.
2. Best Premium: FOTILE JQG7522
- Effective side-draft filtration
- Open baffle plate
- 97% Odor Reduction Rate
- Dual motors
- 95% Oil Filtration Rate
- Little Loud
- Opening can’t be closed
- Hard to clean
Here is the sleek ducted range hood with a unique side draft design in a premium black color by FOTILE. This 30-inch range hood can be installed as anUnder Cabinet or Wall Mount without taking a lot of space. Due to its compact size, it’s ideal for a mid-sized kitchen.
It offers 510 CFM airflow, making it quite efficient in removing the gas or cooking fumes from the kitchen. Its special 90° open baffle plate provides better filtration as well as minimizes the spread of cooking smells or odors.
Some of its key features include a Mechanical control with three-speed settings, which make this range hood ideal for all cooking techniques. It also has a Memory Function, which allows you to keep the air volume as per your preference.
Its unique impeller design with a dual-motor fan can effectively separate grease and fumes with a relatively low noise level of 58dB.
The stainless steel filters are very efficient in providing better air quality by removing unwanted grease, fumes, etc. It has a big ventilation space, which guarantees that smoke from the burners is adequately cleared.
3. Best Overall: Cosmo COS-QS75
- Backlit touchscreen
- High-Grade stainless steel
- Easy to control
- 500 CFM Airflow
- Dishwasher safe filters
- Less noisy
- Unclear instruction manual
- Limited suction.
Built with cutting-edge technology, Cosmo COS-QS75 is one of the best overall convertible range hoods, which is highly user-friendly.
This 30 inch under the cabinet range hood provides 500 CFM airflow, which helps you cook in a clean environment. It keeps the cooking smoke, grease, odors out of the kitchen.
It includes a 4-speed adjustable fan that allows you to customize the suction speed while cooking. LED-backlit touchscreen makes it easier to use even in the dark. The hood has energy-efficient, long-lasting 1.5-watt LED lights to provide adequate light while cooking.
Its dual centrifugal motor works effectively to provide you with fresh air, free from any unpleasant smell, excess moisture, fumes, etc., due to cooking. The best part is it doesn’t create a lot of noise while doing so.
Its ARC-FLOW Permanent Filters are dishwasher-safe and extremely durable as it’s made up of high-quality stainless steel.
4. Best Budget: Broan-NuTone 413004
- Easy to maintain/clean
- Sleek design
- 2 fan motor
- Stainless steel filters
- Less CFM
- Tim-consuming installation
- No bulb included
For a simple yet modern design, this under cabinet range hood by Broan-Nutone is ideal for your modern kitchen.
With 200 CFM airflow, it consistently improves the air quality of your kitchen from daily cooking.
The 30-inch hood size is enough for any gas stove as it can easily be installed under the cabinet to save a lot of space in the kitchen.
It comes with a protective lamp of up to 75 Watt, which evenly distributes the light over the stove and makes it convenient for you to cook. However, the bulb is not included in this, and you need to buy it separately.
It has rocker switches that control the light, along with a 2-speed motor fan that is quite easy to use. It has Stainless steel filters that effectively remove odors or smoke, providing good ventilation.
The maintenance doesn’t need any extra cost, as you can simply clean it by hand or use the dishwasher to clean it.
5. Best Convertible: Cosmo 5MU30
- Space efficient
- Stainless steel filters
- Low noise level
- LED light
- 5 push-button control
- Less CFM
- Loose buttons
Here is another premium convertible hood, which can surely add extra charm to your kitchen. It will enhance your working experience in the kitchen, and you no longer want to run away from there.
The 30-inch slim range hood can be installed both under a cabinet or against a wall. It has 200-CFM airflow that is quite efficient in removing the contaminated air from daily cooking and providing fresh air.
It has a 5 push-button control along with 3 suction options from high, medium, and low, which are quite easy to use. You can turn it off when you’re not cooking or in the kitchen.
The 3-speed motor provides better air circulation with 56dB of noise which is quite low compared to other range hoods.
It contains a reusable multi-layer of aluminum mesh filters known to be extremely durable and effective in trapping grease and oil. These filters are also easy to clean by hand and are dishwasher safe.
Best Range Hood Comparison Table
|Cosmo 63175S||Ductless range hood||Wall mount||380 CFM||3-speed exhaust fan|
|FOTILE JQG7522||Ducted Range Hood||Under Cabinet/ Wall Mount||510 CFM||Impeller design (motor fan)|
|Cosmo COS-QS75||Convertible range hood||Under-cabinet||500 CFM||4 Speed Adjustable Fan|
|Broan-NuTone 413004||Ductless range hood||Under-cabinet||200 CFM||2 Speed motor fan|
|Cosmo 5MU30||Convertible range hood||Under-cabinet/ Wall mount||200 CFM||3 Speed motor fan|
Top Range Hood Brands
1. Broan-Nutone Llc
Broan is one of the most established and well-known brands in home ventilation. Their products range from air-quality systems to specialized ventilation items such as range hoods available in the budget to mid-price category.
2. Cosmo Appliances
Cosmo believes in providing cutting-edge tech to the users with seamless performance. The range hoods by Cosmo are available in three styles from Undercabinet, Wall Mount, and Island range hoods.
Chef has been in the business of quality appliances for about 15 years. Their appliances specialize in professional under-cabinet hoods, with a modern appearance and plenty of other features that will serve you well in the long term.
4. FOTILE Appliances
Since 1996, it has provided award-winning design and innovation to family kitchens. They specialize in range hoods such as under-cabinet and wall-mount models.
Working in a fresh environment is far better than working with unpleasant smells, fumes, moisture, etc. Thus, install any one of the range hoods from the above list and enhance your kitchen air. Make your cooking experience better and enjoyable and get rid of all unwanted air contaminants.
Depending on preference and budget, you can choose the best fit for your kitchen. I hope our review will help you in finding it. Please do share your experience with us.
What are the tips for care and maintenance of range hoods?
Here are some tips for maintaining your range hood:
- Check the vent regularly to ensure that airflow is unhindered.
- Clean your fan blades regularly to prevent dirt and grease buildup.
- Wash the surface metal frequently, either by hand or in a dishwasher.
- The filter should be cleaned on a regular basis because it is the part that collects the most grease.