An island range hood is essentially a range hood that hangs from the ceiling of your kitchen.
These range hoods are ideal for large and open kitchens because they effectively filter out grease, smoke, kitchen exhaust, and the dreaded food odor.
- 380 CFM
- 3-speed fan
- Stainless steel permanent filters
- 6-inch duct
- Soft-touch controls
Compared to other types of range hoods, such as an under cabinet range hood or a ductless range hood, island range hoods have significantly higher filtration and extraction capacity.
That’s why island range hoods are very popular. Do you want to learn more about range hoods and which ones are the best? Here in the article, we have provided all the necessary information along with some of the best products…
Table of Contents
- 1 Benefits Of Using Island Range Hoods
- 2 Factors To Consider Before Buying Island Range Hoods
- 3 Our Top 7 Best Island Range Hoods
- 3.1 1. Best Features: Cosmo 30″ Island Mount Range Hood
- 3.2 2. Easy To Use: Firegas 36″ Island Range Hood
- 3.3 3. Winflo 30-inch Convertible Island Range Hood
- 3.4 4. Best Aesthetic: Cirrus Ceiling Mount Island Range Hood
- 3.5 5. Best Overall: Cosmo COS-63ISS75 Island Range
- 3.6 6. Value for Money: AKDY 30″ Island Mount Range Hood
- 3.7 7. Winflo 30″ Glass Island Range Hood
- 4 Conclusion
Benefits Of Using Island Range Hoods
Here are some of the advantages of island range hoods that make them a popular choice when selecting your kitchen range hoods.
- They allow free air circulation inside your kitchen, which improves air circulation, removes unwanted particles in the air and improves air quality.
- They enhance the aesthetics of your home and, in addition to providing additional lighting in your kitchen, they serve as a stunning showpiece. If you ever decide to sell your home, the island range hoods can significantly increase their value.
- Because they are installed on the top of the ceiling, they give you more space and flexibility to move around in your kitchen.
- Installing an island range hood has the added benefit of reducing heat and increasing comfort in your kitchen.
I’m pretty sure you’ve decided to install an island range hood in your kitchen as soon as possible now that you’re impressed with all of the benefits it provides. Are you undecided about which model to buy? I’ve compiled a list of the top 7 island range hoods to assist you. Let’s explore them one by one…
Factors To Consider Before Buying Island Range Hoods
1. Size – Here’s a comprehensive guide to selecting the best range hood for your needs.When it comes to island range hoods, size does matter. It is generally recommended that you purchase a range hood at least 3 inches wider than your kitchen range.
2. CFM – The suction capacity of your range hood is also important because the range hood will be exposed on all sides because it will be inserted through the ceiling and located on the top. As a result, the higher the CFM, the better the air quality in your kitchen.
3. Ducted vs. ductless – While a ducted range hood provides more flexibility in your kitchen and can withstand heavy cooking, a ductless range hood is easier to fit into confined quarters.
4. Noise level – Nobody wants to be disturbed while cooking by loud air recirculating or filtering noises, which is why you should choose an island range hood that is as quiet as possible.
5. Lighting – Because they are located on the top, island range hoods can significantly improve lighting in your kitchen. So, choose the ones that provide energy-efficient but bright lighting.
6. Filter type – Stainless steel and aluminum mesh filters are the most popular when choosing a range hood because they are easy to clean. Most of them are dishwasher safe.
7.Control panel – Always choose a range hood that is simple to access and control, or you will waste a lot of time navigating the control system.
Our Top 7 Best Island Range Hoods
Comparison of products based on features:
|Product||Weight||Dimensions||Voltage||Material Type||Unique Features|
|Cosmo 30″ Island Mount Range Hood||48.5 pounds||23.6 x 29.2 x 47 inches||120 volts||Stainless steel||LCD touch screen with digital clock|
|Firegas 36″ Island Range Hood||52.7 pounds||39 x 26 x 18 inches||120 volts||Tempered Glass, Stainless Steel||Ductless Conversion, High Efficiency LED Lights|
|Winflo 30-inch Convertible Island Range Hood||57 pounds||29.3 x 23.6 x 40.2 inches||110 Volts||Stainless Steel, Glass||Telescoping adjustable chimney|
|Cirrus Ceiling Mount Island Range Hood||60 pounds||44 x 12.5 x 24 inches||120 volts||Stainless steel||Works as a High tech lighting system|
|Cosmo COS-63ISS75 Island Range||69 pounds||23.1 x 29.3 x 23.5 inches||120 volts||Stainless steel||Soft touch controls and LED lights|
|AKDY 30″ Island Mount Range Hood||57.9 pounds||23.6 x 29.5 x 47.8 inches||120 Volts||Stainless Steel||Black painted finish|
|Winflo 30″ Glass Island Range Hood||45 pounds||23.62 x 29.33 x 41 inches||110 Volts||Stainless Steel||Centrifugal motor|
1. Best Features: Cosmo 30″ Island Mount Range Hood
- 380 CFM
- 3-speed fan
- Stainless steel permanent filters
- 6-inch duct
- Soft-touch controls
- 2 watt LED
- Makes a very loud noise
- Less suction
With a 380 CFM, this island range hood effectively filters out even the stickiest of grease and other particles. It is just what you need to keep your kitchen smelling and looking fresh at all times.
The ARC-flow filters, a Cosmo specialty, found in this island range hood are extremely durable and dishwasher safe. As a result, they are also very easy to clean.
It improves the lighting in your kitchen like no other feature, as evidenced by any picture of a kitchen with island mount range hoods. This model features 2-watt LEDs that are both energy-efficient and long-lasting. The high lumen lighting also allows for better visibility at night.
The 380 CFM suction rate is a bonus as it quickly neutralizes smells in your kitchen, so you don’t have to wait until you finish cooking for all the lingering odors to leave. This island range hood with soft-touch controls also has a single motor and three fan speeds. You can check the price on Amazon.
2. Easy To Use: Firegas 36″ Island Range Hood
- Charcoal filters
- 3-speed fan
- Less than 57 Db noise levels
- 2 x 60 cm chimneys
- ETL compliance
- 5-year limited parts warranty
- Digital touch controls
- Not found
This range hood from Firegas comes with a CFM of 450, which is enough power that will last you long. The hood comes included with a chimney and is made with 20 gauge brushed stainless steel material.
The size of this range hood is 36 inches. It is made with baffle filters that can effectively capture even the stickiest of grease particles.
Even though this range hood comes with a powerful performance level of 450 CFM, it is really quiet and makes basically no noise at all. The 3-speed exhaust fan has an ultra-quiet operation and will make only 57 Db noise levels even at high speed.
The high-quality stainless steel material is highly corrosion resistant and, therefore, more durable. With a standard size that fits most kitchens, I am sure that this island range hood would be a stunning addition to your home and kitchen. Check the price on Amazon.
3. Winflo 30-inch Convertible Island Range Hood
- Convertible ducted and non-ducted
- Charcoal filters
- Very quiet operation
- ETL certified
- 7″ round top
- Unique curved design
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Unit is very heavy hence not easy to install
This is another simple to use island range hood with user-friendly features like a large touch sensor control system and a time display.
The design is what I like best in this hood. It’s because not only will it make your kitchen look very aesthetically pleasing, but the aluminum mesh filters are easily removable and cleanable thanks to the hood’s unique curved design.
This island range hood has a powerful and premium motor with a higher power suction rate of 520 CFM. The fan has three-speed settings and the ability to delay shut off, ensuring that only the appropriate suction amount is provided.
Since the vent is located on the top, you can connect this range hood to flexible ductwork if you prefer a more ducted installation. You can also find four energy-saving LED lights in a soft white color, which will illuminate and brighten your entire kitchen area.
The telescoping chimney is also adjustable, giving you more options in the kitchen on where to place it. Check the price on Amazon.
4. Best Aesthetic: Cirrus Ceiling Mount Island Range Hood
- Powered By The Exclusive iQ Blower System
- iQ6 – 600 CFM Blower Included
- Handheld Remote Control Included
- Six 3-Watt LED Bulbs
- Delay Off Feature
- Most Effective At 7′ To 9′ Ceilings
- Stainless Steel Finish
- Not found
This island range hood is practically out of sight and discrete in appearance. It is precisely what you need if you are looking for a good-looking and modern design range hood.
The stainless steel panels of the hood lie very flat to the ceiling. They are only about 110 cm wide, ensuring that the range hood has minimal intrusion in your kitchen.
This range hood’s perimeter aspiration not only provides excellent ventilation but also includes mesh grease filters to capture grease and smoke as effectively as possible.
If you’re interested in the lighting, this range hood comes with six 3–watt LED bulbs. This range hood is best suited for ceilings ranging from 7″ to 9″.
There is also a delay-off feature that allows for up to 10 minutes of continuous ventilation. The filter time option also notifies you when it is time to change the filters. Check the price on Abt Electronics.
5. Best Overall: Cosmo COS-63ISS75 Island Range
- High efficiency LED lights
- 380 CFM airflow
- 5 year limited warranty
- 6″ round duct exhaust opening
- 430-grade stainless steel
- 20-gauge thickness
- Fails to turn on sometimes
This ducted range can easily be converted into a ductless island range hood.
Having effective and improved ventilation in your kitchen is a must-have feature, and this range hood with a CFM of 380 gives you exactly that. Being ultra-quiet in operation, it accommodates noise levels only as high as 65 decibels.
Being a specialty of Cosmo products, the ARC-flow filters found in this range hood are easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and durable.
The energy-saving 2 watts LED lights are another prominent feature of the range hood. It provides bright lighting, which lights up your kitchen even at night, thereby increasing visibility.
Whether you’re looking to avoid that stinking food odor or you want to get rid of harmful pollutants in the air and other grease and dirt, this range hood might turn out to be just the right choice.
The range also has soft touch controls that can easily be accessed and changed with just the push of a button. So what are you waiting for? Time for you to instantly hit the store and check out this star product. Check the price on Amazon.
6. Value for Money: AKDY 30″ Island Mount Range Hood
- Quiet and powerful motor
- Stainless steel material
- Dishwasher safe baffle filters
- Sufficient airflow in the kitchen
- Dents on the hood
- Prone to scratches easily
Looking to completely eliminate all steam and odor from your kitchen to have a smooth and pleasant cooking experience? Well, then you should definitely check out this 30″ island range hood from AKDY. This brand promises great quality and functionality while also offering affordable and value-for-money products to its customers.
This island range hood has a unique pyramid shape and a 186 watts motor that offers powerful performance. Depending on your choice, you can change the air suction intensity, as the fan has 4-speed settings.
The baffle filters are effective, long-lasting, dishwasher safe, and easy to clean.
The top of the range hood is made from a stainless steel material that adds an extra layer of protection and durability.
The motor is powerful but doesn’t make too much noise; hence this is an ideal appliance that you would love to have in your kitchen.
You can always be assured that the noise levels do not exceed 65 Db. And finally, the LED lights provide sufficient lighting in your kitchen space. You can check the price on Amazon.
7. Winflo 30″ Glass Island Range Hood
- Top vent
- Soft white LED lights
- Quiet operation
- Aluminum mesh filters
- Rocker control for easy operation
- Centrifugal motor
- Clear tempered glass construction
- Weak suction
- Takes time to install
Looking for a modern-looking island range hood with strong suction? With 400 CFM at even the highest speed setting, this range hood is both functional and attractive. The rocker control is very simple to use, allowing you to control the fan speed and other lighting settings easily.
Winflo products are jam-packed with tons of other features that I am confident you will enjoy.
The range hood features aluminum mesh filters and a sound shield stainless steel panel, both of which can be useful additions to your kitchen.
They effectively capture dirt and grease and, because they are made of aluminum mesh, they are the easiest to clean.
Four bright and energy-efficient LED lights will completely illuminate your kitchen. The powerful and quiet operation is ideal for today’s modern kitchens, and the noise levels are always less than 65 decibels. You can check the price on Amazon.
Here are my top picks based on the buying guide and each of these range hoods’ functionality.
The Cosmo COS-63ISS75 Island Range is unquestionably our favorite product, with features such as Cosmo arc-flow filters and energy-saving LED lights. It also produces very little noise while being extremely efficient.
If you’re on a tight budget, the AKDY 30″ Island Mount Range Hood is the way to go. It provides superior performance at an affordable price thanks to its powerful 180-watt motor.
Finally, I adore the Firegas 36″ island range hood, which is simple to operate and offers the option of converting from ducted to ductless operation.
What are your thoughts on our top picks? Let me know in the comments below.
- 10 Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo (Buyer’s Guide)
- 10 Best Oven Thermometer (Buyer’s Guide)
- 10 Best Juicer Blender Combo For Juice And Smoothies
Subscribe to our newsletter below.