It is no secret that Acai berries have numerous health benefits. However, one of the best ways to take advantage of the different health benefits of Acai bowls is by making them on your own. All you need to do is blend unsweetened, frozen Acai puree along with a bit of water. Then, you can add your toppings as per your taste and choice.
Now that you need a blender, you might find it a bit intimidating to choose one. Searching for a blender is difficult enough, but choosing a blender to make Acai bowls is much more complex and time-consuming. To help you make an informed purchasing choice, we have rounded up the 10 Best Blenders for Acai Bowls after reviewing them thoroughly. Moreover, we have also provided a buyer’s guide to provide you with general information about blenders.
- Speed control
- Large capacity
Benefits of using a Blender for Acai Bowl
- Reduces bad cholesterol in the blood
- Better immunity
- High in calories
- Saves time
How to Choose The Best Blender for Acai Bowl?
When searching for the Best Blender for Milkshakes, you need to consider a few important factors before you purchase a blender.
1. Type of Blender – Blenders for açai bowls come in different types. You can choose from a countertop, stand-mixer, or commercial blender for this purpose. Depending on the type of blender, you get different capacities and features. Apart from blending, these machines can also be used for other tasks such as dicing, chopping, crushing, juicing, and a lot more.
2. Material – Blenders are made from different materials. The most commonly used materials are glass, plastic, and stainless steel. Each of these materials has its own advantages and disadvantages. Plastic blenders are usually very durable and affordable. Another excellent option is glass blenders, which are very premium. Apart from providing a premium look, they are very easy to clean and don’t retain odors. Lastly, stainless steel blenders are also a perfect option for people looking for something that will last for a long time. Depending on your preferences, you should consider the material of construction of the blender.
3. Power – Compared to regular juices and blends, Acai bowls are much thicker and contain a lot of ice and hard ingredients. To churn these ingredients well, a powerful blender is required. Apart from a powerful motor, the blender should also have an excellent crushing ability. Hence, you should be considering blenders that come with at least 500 watts of power.
4. Settings – Most of the blenders on this list come with a variety of different pre-programmed settings and functions. Apart from using the blender for Acai bowls, you can also use these machines for a host of other purposes, like making milkshakes and smoothies.
5. Size – The size of the blender is another important factor to consider when getting a blender for açai bowls. If you are blending for your entire family, you might want to consider a jar at least 40 ounces. On the other hand, if you live alone and want only single servings, you can go for blenders that have small cups. Most blenders for açai bowls come with jars that have a volume of at least 50 ounces.
6. Ease of Cleaning – The cleanup part after a blending session is an important factor that many people tend to ignore. Many blenders nowadays come with self-cleaning features, which makes cleanup very easy. If you are lazy, you can also go for blenders that are dishwasher-friendly. Otherwise, you can choose blenders that come with simple-designed jars as they are very easy to clean as well.
7. Price – Blenders for Acai bowls are an excellent investment. Apart from making açai bowls, these devices can be used to make baby food, ground dough, and a lot more. High-end blenders come with these features. However, these features are not helpful to everyone. So, while buying a blender, make sure you do not overspend on it.
Our Top Picks for Blenders for Acai Bowl
Best Overall: Vitamix 5200 Blender
“With well-rounded features, this blender from Vitamix is our pick for the Best Overall blender for Acai bowls.”
Best Premium: Blendtec TB-621-20 Blender
“Courtesy of the higher price tag, you get a powerful motor, pre-programmed settings, and an intuitive digital screen.”
Best Value for Money: Ninja Nutri Pro with Auto-iQ
“This blender from Ninja features a powerful motor, is intelligent, and very easy to clean, making it one of the best value for money blenders on the market.”
Best Affordable: NutriBullet NBR-1201 Blender
“Featuring many essential features, this blender from NutriBullet is very compact and is the perfect choice for people who are on a tight budget.”
Best Blender for Smoothie Bowls: Vitamix E310 Blender
“If you are looking for a machine to make the tastiest smoothie bowls, you should definitely go for the Vitamix E310 Blender.”
Best Control: Ninja CT650 Blender
“Courtesy of its manual controls, this blender from Ninja is the best option if you are looking for ultimate control over your Acai bowls.”
Best Commercial: Hamilton Beach HBB250R Commercial Rio Bar Blender
“This commercial blender from Hamilton Beach is very intuitive, easy-to-use, and features the Wave action system.”
Best Texture: NutriBullet 1000 Watt PRIME Edition Blender
“With the help of a high torque motor, this blender from NutriBullet provides incredible texture to your Acai bowl.”
Best Powerful: NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender
“If you want the most powerful blender for making Acai bowls, you should go for the NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender.”
Best Functional: NutriChef NCBLSM150 Digital Electric Countertop Heating Blender
“When it comes to functionality, no blender is better than the NutriChef NCBLSM150.”
10 Best Blenders for Acai Bowl
1. Best Overall: Vitamix 5200 Blender
- Speed control
- Large capacity
- Comparatively hard to clean manually
If you are a beginner, or a professional looking for an excellent blender, you should take a look at the Vitamix 5200 blender. This multipurpose blender is arguably the best choice if you are looking for a machine to make the Acai bowl of your dreams. The powerful 1500 watt motor and the stainless steel blades are ideal for easily breaking down frozen fruit and ice.
With the help of the large 64-ounce container, you can blend for your entire family in one go itself. Moreover, this machine can also be used for other purposes such as making hot soup or milkshakes. It features a radial cooling fan and thermal protection system which prevents the blender from overheating.
The best part about this blender is that it is self-cleaning. All you have to do is provide a drop of dish soap and water, and voila, you have a clean machine in 30 to 60 seconds. Apart from the blender and the container, you also get a starter guide, DVD, and a tamper.
2. Best Premium: Blendtec TB-621-20 Blender
- Pre-programmed settings
- Intuitive digital screen
- Container quality could be improved
When we talk about premium quality, it doesn’t get much better than the Blendtec TB-621-20 blender. Not only does this blender work very well for making Acai bowls, but it can also be used for other kitchen tasks. Blendtec also provides a bundle option that includes a travel bottle and a wild side jar, making it an excellent option for people who are always on the go.
Powered by a 1560-watt motor, this device is one of the most powerful machines on this list. Moreover, you also get stainless steel forged blades that have wings for smooth blends. Also, the large 75-ounce container ensures that you can blend for your entire family in a single go itself.
The digital screen and the pre-programmed settings make this blender a joy to use. At the touch of a single button, you get easy access to make various dishes depending on your needs. Along with the blender, you get a couple of containers, which have a volume of 75 ounces and 32 ounces.
3. Best Value for Money: Ninja Nutri Pro with Auto-iQ
- Auto-iQ programs
- Safe to use
If you are looking for a small handy device that blends very well, this Ninja Nutri Pro blender is an excellent option. Unlike other complicated blenders, this device is very easy to use and navigate.
The machine is powered by an 1100 watt motor. Along with the help of pro extractor blades, the machine can easily slice through the ice, hard fruits, and vegetables, making it one of the best Acai bowl makers. Moreover, the in-built Auto-iQ programs are very intelligent and can be accessed at the tap of one button.
The components of the machine are dishwasher safe, making it very easy to clean the blender after a juicing session. Apart from the blender, you also get the pro extraction blade to assemble, a pair of 24-ounce cups, spout lids, and an inspiration guide included in the packaging.
4. Best Affordable: NutriBullet NBR-1201 Blender
- 3 different cup sizes
- Dishwasher safe
- The motor might heat quickly
One of the most affordable blenders that do not compromise on quality is the NBR-1201 blender from NutriBullet. Not only is this blender very small, but it is also multi-functional.
A small 600-watt motor is used to power this blender. Moreover, it also features stainless steel extractor blades which, with the help of the cyclonic action, can break down the toughest of ingredients. Also, the machine works very well with berries and nuts, making it a good blender for making Acai bowls.
It is very easy to clean the blender. All you need to do is twist off the blade and give it a quick rinse. Apart from the blender assembly, you get three different cups (maximum capacity of 24 ounces), a cup ring, a cup ring with a handle, and a recipe book.
5. Best Blender for Smoothie Bowls: Vitamix E310 Blender
- Variable speed control
- Thermal protection System
- Good capacity
The E310 blender from Vitamix is a great option for people who are looking for a large yet functional machine. Powered by a 1200 watt motor, this machine provides the user with ten different speeds, which helps provide the best texture and precision in every blending session.
Apart from a powerful motor, you also get stainless steel blades that can easily handle the toughest ingredients. Moreover, the large 48-ounce container ensures that you can blend for your entire family in a single go. Equipped with a thermal protection system, the blender never overheats and can deliver results consistently.
Like other blenders from Vitamix, this blender also comes with a self-cleaning feature. You also get a mini-tamper and a cookbook that provides many recipes if you wish to use the blender for other purposes. Courtesy of all its incredible features, this blender from Vitamix is our choice for the Best Blender for Smoothie Bowls.
6. Best Control: Ninja CT650 Blender
- Auto-iQ technology
- Intuitive touchscreen display
- Large capacity
- Not much variability in speeds
If you are looking for the best control while making Acai bowls, this blender from Ninja might be the best choice for you. Powered by a 1000 watt motor, this blender can blend up to 72 ounces in one go. Moreover, it features an intuitive touchscreen display which helps you control the blender easily.
If you are not a fan of touchscreen displays, you can also use the manual controls to craft and customize recipes to your exact specifications. Furthermore, this blender features the Auto-iQ technology, which gives you access to four different pre-programmed settings.
The components of the blender can be removed easily, making it very easy to clean. Also, this blender features the self-clean option as well.
7. Best Commercial: Hamilton Beach HBB250R Commercial Rio Bar Blender
- Simple and easy to use
- Toggle switch
- The lid may come loose while blending
The HBB250R blender from Hamilton Beach is one of the best commercial blenders for Acai bowls currently available on the market. This device comes with a 550-watt motor which can be operated in two different speed settings. Coupled with stainless steel blades, this motor can crush through ice and other hard ingredients very easily.
Hamilton Beach features its innovative Wave action system in this blender. With the help of the high/low and on/off pulse toggles, you can easily control this device. Moreover, the blender features a unique design that ensures that all the ingredients are pushed to the blades, and no chunks are left behind.
Along with the blender, you get a 44-ounce jar, which is break-resistant. In fact, it is so fast that you can make a 16-ounce daiquiri in just 20 seconds. If you are looking for a simple, efficient, and commercial blender for making Acai bowls, this blender will be the perfect choice for you.
8. Best Texture: NutriBullet 1000 Watt PRIME Edition Blender
- Automatic shut off
- Dishwasher safe
- Might leak
If ultimate texture control is what you want in an Acai bowl, you should definitely go for the NutriBullet 1000 Watt PRIME Edition Blender. As you might have gathered from the name, this device is powered by a 1000 watt high torque motor and has a maximum capacity of 28 ounces.
The best feature about this device is that it can easily break down hard ingredients. For instance, if you like adding nuts to your Acai bowl, this blender can crush it with ease. Moreover, the blender automatically shuts off after optimum nutrient extraction.
The machine is very easy to clean, and the components are dishwasher safe. Also, the containers are insulated, which keeps your Acai bowl fresh for longer periods. You also get a recipe book and two top flip lids included in the packaging.
9. Best Powerful: NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender
- Three different jars provided
- Three precision speeds
- Pulse function
- Might short with prolonged use
Another excellent blender from the NutriBullet company is the ZNBF30500Z model. Not only is this machine versatile, but it also comes with a multi-serving and single-serving pitcher. Moreover, you can easily control the powerful 1200 watt motor with the help of three different speeds, as per your requirements.
With this model, NutriBullet has included the extractor blades, which are made from stainless steel. Along with the cyclonic action mechanism, this blender can easily blend even the hardest of ingredients. You can even blend nuts, which makes your Acai bowl much healthier.
The components of the blender are BPA-free as they are made from high-performance plastic. Moreover, it is also self-cleaning, which means that the blender can clean itself in less than a minute. Apart from a recipe book, you get a 64-ounce, 32-ounces, and 24-ounce jar as accessories.
10. Best Functional: NutriChef NCBLSM150 Digital Electric Countertop Heating Blender
- 9-speed settings
- Digital LCD
- Motor issues
- Juice extraction could be better
Rounding off our list of the best blender for Acai bowls is the NutriChef NCBLSM150 Digital Electric Countertop Heating Blender. Apart from making Acai Bowl, you can use this blender to make soups, juices, and smoothies. Powering this multi-functional blender is a 1000 watt motor, which has 9 different speed controls.
With this blender, you can blend up to a maximum capacity of 1.75 liters in one go. It also features a digital LCD to control and display the different blend modes. Moreover, you also get stainless steel blades which can crush almost every ingredient and extract maximum nutrients.
The blender is very easy to clean. You get a blade cover, recipe book, and a cap lid along with your purchase.
Best Blenders for Acai Bowl Comparison Table
|1||Vitamix 5200 Blender||10.56 Pounds||8.75” (L) x 7.25” (W) x 20.5” (D) inches||1500 Watt||64 Ounces|
|2||Blendtec TB-621-20 Blender||7.28 Pounds||7” (L) x 8” (W) x 15.5” (D) inches||1560 Watt||75 Ounces|
|3||Ninja Nutri Pro with Auto-iQ||6.28 Pounds||6.34” (L) x 6.93” (W) x 14.29” (D) inches||1100 Watt||24 Ounces|
|4||NutriBullet NBR-1201 Blender||3.6 Pounds||12.87” (L) x 9” (W) x 13” (D) inches||600 Watt||24 Ounces|
|5||Vitamix E310 Blender||11.5 Pounds||11” (L) x 8” (W) x 17” (D) inches||1200 Watt||48 Ounces|
|6||Ninja CT650 Blender||8.07 Pounds||8.86”(L) x 10.82”(W) x 17.32”(D) inches||1000 Watt||72 Ounces|
|7||Hamilton Beach HBB250R Commercial Rio Bar Blender||7.01 Pounds||14”(L) x 11.8”(W) x 10”(D) inches||550 Watt||44 Ounces|
|8||NutriBullet 1000 Watt PRIME Edition Blender||10 Pounds||7” (L) x 16.5” (W) x 15” (D) inches||1000 Watt||28 Ounces|
|9||NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender||4 Pounds||16” (L) x 15.5” (W) x 9” (D) inches||1200 Watt||64 Ounces|
|10||NutriChef NCBLSM150 Digital Electric Countertop Heating Blender||17.14 Pound||1” (L) x 1” (W) x 1” (D) inches||1000 Watt||60 Ounces|
Top Blenders for Acai Bowl Brands
A very popular house name, Ninja, is well known for manufacturing functional and innovative kitchen products.
Founded in 1949, Vitamix has a very loyal customer base, courtesy of designing, developing, and producing reliable blending solutions.
NutriBullet has become the go-to brand for simple, easy-to-use products that have a minimalist design. As a result, this company has an extensive customer base of more than 50 million people.
Primarily involved in the blender business, this company aims to make products that can make a difference in people’s lives. Apart from being very simple, their products are innovative and very effective.
An American company, Hamilton Beach is known for manufacturing excellent home appliances and commercial products. Their product lists include blenders, slow cookers, sandwich makers, rice cookers, and a lot more.
The main driving force behind NutriChef is to provide healthy home cooking for everyone, irrespective of their skill level or economic status. As a result, their products are an excellent alternative to fast-food convenience and also make home cooking very enjoyable.
There are a lot of splendid blenders that can be used for making Acai bowls. The Vitamix 5200 Blender is our choice for the best overall blender for Acai Bowl. Otherwise, you can also go for the NutriBullet NBR-1201blender, which is an affordable option. If you are looking for a different choice to start your fitness lifestyle, you will definitely find the perfect fit for you in the list above. Do drop a comment to let us know about your experiences with these products.