Irrespective of whether you are a fitness freak or a person looking to shed weight, you will definitely be wanting to incorporate more greens into your diet. This is because greens have numerous health advantages. However, not all of us are part of juicing clubs, where green juice is provided. Instead, most of us look to create our own juice at home and thus save a lot of money in the process.
Juicers are the best machines that can be used for greens. However, not all juicers scan deal with fibrous greens. Many tend to clog and stop working with time. So, which juicer should you get? To help you make a decision, we have made a list of the 10 best juicer for greens after reviewing them carefully. Furthermore, we have also talked about the important features that you should look for when buying a juicer.
- Easy to use
- Wide chute
Table of Contents
- 1 Benefits of using a Juicer for Greens
- 2 How to Choose The Best Juicer for Greens?
- 3 Our Top Picks for Juicer for Greens
- 4 Our Top 10 Best Juicers for Greens
- 4.1 1. Best Overall: Mueller Austria Juicer
- 4.2 2. Best Quiet: Omega NC900HDC Juicer
- 4.3 3. Best Value: Omega J8006 Juicer
- 4.4 4. Best Efficient: Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer EVO820GM
- 4.5 5. Best Juicer for Leafy Greens and Hard Vegetables: Breville BJS700SIL Big Squeeze Slow Juicer
- 4.6 6. Best Vertical: Omega Juicer Vertical Slow Masticating Juicer
- 4.7 7. Best Twin-Gear: Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite
- 4.8 8. Best Budget: Breville BJE200XL Juicer
- 4.9 9. Best Powerful: Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
- 4.10 10. Best Juicer for Green Juice: MegaWise Pro Slow Masticating Juicer
- 5 Best Juicer for Greens Comparison Table
- 6 Top Juicer for Greens Brands
- 7 Conclusion
Benefits of using a Juicer for Greens
- Low fat, sugar, and calories
- Cholesterol free
- Easy to consume
- Contains necessary vitamins, proteins, and enzymes
How to Choose The Best Juicer for Greens?
Above juicers have many features, out of which few are useful for certain people, so you need to think which factors will be best for you before buying one. Here are a few important characteristics, so based on your needs, you can easily narrow down your choices and get the Best Juicer for Greens.
1. Type of Juicer – Juicers are available in mainly three different configurations.
- Centrifugal Juicers: These juicers are the fastest of the lot. They work at very high speeds, and as a result, generate a lot of heat. In fact, these high speeds are capable of separating the pulp from the juice. Moreover, they work the best with hard produce and usually come with wide chutes. Looking at the negatives, these juicers generate a lot of heat and noise. Heat is not desirable as it reduces the amount of nutrients and enzymes in the final juice.
- Masticating Juicer: in contrast to centrifugal juicers, masticating juicers are the slowest juicers available on the market. They squish juice at a very low speed and hence take a lot of time. Furthermore, they are very desirable as they have a higher yield content. Not only do they produce less heat, but they are also much quieter. On the other hand, these juicers are much more costlier as compared to conventional centrifugal juicers.
- Twin-Gear Juicers: twin-gear juicers are a modification of conventional masticating juicers. These machines feature dual gears which rotate at low speeds to crush the produce faster. As a result, they are more versatile with a wider range of produce. Also known as triturating juicers, these machines are the priciest of the three types of juicers.
2. Material – Juicers usually come in stainless steel casings. Stainless steel is very long-lasting, thus ensuring that your juicer lasts for a long time as well. Always ensure that the juicer is manufactured from a high food-grade polymer. Also, the material should be BPA-free. BPA-free plastic is a must for homes that have kids and toddlers.
3. Assembly – Most juicers come with removable parts. Therefore, you can easily assemble and disassemble them without the need of any professional. One huge advantage of easy assembly is that it becomes very easy to clean the juicer. However, if you don’t like finicking with the different sections of the juicer, you can get one that doesn’t have small individual pieces.
4. Features – Juicers usually come with a lot of accessories such as juice jugs, pulp containers, cleaning brushes, and pushers. It is always nice to get juicers that provide a lot of accessories. After all, you wouldn’t want to spend extra on a juicer that already costs so much. Also, you should take a look at the technical features and specifications of the juicer. Many come with innovative features such as anti-clog systems, thermal protection, and a lot more.
5. Size – The size of the juicer is an important characteristic that you should consider before making a purchase. Based on the size of your kitchen, you should decide on the dimensions of the juicer and the size of the chute as well. Larger chutes require less food preparation time, thus helping you save a lot of time.
6. Ease of Cleaning – No one likes spending their precious time cleaning up their utensils and machines. Hence, it is logical to go for a machine that is easy to clean. Generally, most juicers for greens are easy to clean. In fact, some even provide an auto-clean feature. These machines do the hard part of washing themselves clean. Then, all you need to do is wipe them up later.
7. Price – Juicers can usually be an expensive investment, particularly masticating juicers. High-end juicers feature all the bells and whistles which are usually missing from the cheaper models. However, the cheaper models do have the necessary features which are required by most people. So, while buying a juicer, make sure you don’t overspend and pay for features that you will never use.
Our Top Picks for Juicer for Greens
“Powerful. Easy-to-use. Large Capacity. This juicer from Muller Austria has it all.”
“If you are looking for a powerful juicer that doesn’t make much noise, this juicer from Omega is the perfect choice for you.”
“The Omega J8006 Juicer has a high yield, multiple functionalities, and a dual-stage juicing system, making it one of the best value for money juicers.”
“If efficiency is what you are searching for, you can close your eyes and go for the Kuvings EVO820GM.”
“This juicer from Breville is loaded with features which makes it the best choice if you are looking to juice leafy greens and hard vegetables.”
Best Vertical: Omega Juicer Vertical Slow Masticating Juicer
“Courtesy of its vertical design, this juicer from Omega is very efficient and has a high yield.”
Best Twin-Gear: Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite
“One of the best twin-gear juicers available on the market, this Tribest nicer comes with pulp ejection control which allows for continuous juicing.”
Best Budget: Breville BJE200XL Juicer
“If you are on a tight budget, this value for money juicer from Breville will definitely suit your needs.”
Best Powerful: Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
“Not only does this juicer have 100 watts of power, but it Las has 5 different speed settings for better control.”
Best Juicer for Green Juice: MegaWise Pro Slow Masticating Juicer
“A very highly rated product, this juicer is an excellent choice if you are looking for high-yield juice that lasts for a long time.”
Our Top 10 Best Juicers for Greens
1. Best Overall: Mueller Austria Juicer
- Easy to use
- Wide chute
- Comparatively hard to clean
One of the best overall juicers for greens is the Mueller Austria Juicer. This affordable juicer can operate in two different RPM ranges, 12000-15000 RPM and 15000-18000 RPM. The low speed is perfect for juicing citrus fruits like oranges, while the higher speed is perfect for harder fruits and vegetables.
The large chute facilitates easy entry of the produce. Moreover, the overload protection system ensures that the motor shuts off automatically in the scenario that it heats.
Mueller Austria provides stainless steel cutting discs and a micro-mesh filter which helps extract more juice, vitamins, and minerals. In addition, the juicer is easy to clean as the components are removable.
2. Best Quiet: Omega NC900HDC Juicer
- High yield
- Multiple Functionality
- 5-speed settings
- Fragile screen
Not only is this machine very quiet, but it is also very beautiful. It will be a wonderful add-on to any type of kitchen. The 150-watt motor operates at a slow RPM of 80, ensuring that the extracted juice retains its nutrients, vitamins, and taste. Moreover, this also prevents any heat buildup and oxidation, ensuring that the juice lasts longer and is healthy.
Omega features the Nutrition System in this juicer, which helps the juicer process almost every food. In fact, you can use this machine to extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, and mince herbs and garlic in a flash.
This machine also features a wide chute which ensures minimal preparation time. You can also use the five different speed settings for maximum juice extraction.
- High yield
- Dual-stage juicing system
- Multiple functionalities
- Struggles with larger produce
- Plastic screen
Another excellent juicer from Omega is the J8006. Like the NC900HDC, this juicer has a 150-watt motor, which operates at 80 RPM. Moreover, it can also produce high-quality juice, which extracts as much juice as possible from the pulp.
One of the standout features of this machine is the food processor attachment that it comes with. As a result, it saves a lot of preparation time. Also, the juicer can be used for other functions like grinding nuts and making coffee.
Like other Omega juicers, it is very easy to assemble and disassemble this juicer. Furthermore, this feature makes it very easy to clean the feature. The company also provides a cleaning brush to help you clean it easily.
- Efficient Juice extraction
- Not dishwasher safe
No juicer list would be complete without a product from Kuvings. The Kuvings EVO820GM is a very efficient juicer that comes with a 240-watt motor. It can operate at 50 RPM, which helps extract maximum vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
Kuvings has provided a large chute that is 82 mm wide, which means less preparation time. You also get a large pulp duct, which releases the pulp residue left in the strainer. Moreover, the drip-free spout helps easily create mixed juices and can be cleaned between recipes.
Apart from juicing leafy greens, you can use this machine for making smoothies, baby food, sorbets, nut milk, and a lot more. Moreover, the components are easy to assemble and disassemble, making them very easy to clean.
5. Best Juicer for Leafy Greens and Hard Vegetables: Breville BJS700SIL Big Squeeze Slow Juicer
- Easy to clean
- Efficient juicing
- Not dishwasher safe
If you are looking for the best juicer for leafy greens and hard vegetables, you should definitely go for the Breville BJS700SIL juicer. It comes with a quiet 240-watt motor which produces less heat and reduces the total noise produced while juicing.
With the help of the large 3-inch chute, you can easily feed the produce to the machine without any pre-preparation. Moreover, the smart cap provided ensures that you can create various mixed juices. Also, it stops dripping during juicing sessions. You also get forward and reverse direction control which prevents any clogging.
It is very easy to assemble and disassemble the juicer. Breville provides red dots which indicate the parts which can be easily disassembled. In turn, this feature makes it very easy to clean the juicer.
6. Best Vertical: Omega Juicer Vertical Slow Masticating Juicer
- Auto clean feature
- Vertical design
- Capacity could be better
One of the best vertical juicers available on the market is the Omega Juicer Vertical Slow Masticating Juicer. Like other juicers from Omega, this machine features a 150-watt motor that operates at a low RPM of 43. As a result, the juicer can increase the shelf life of the juicer.
With this machine, you get a high-yield dual-edge auger that breaks down even the toughest of fibers. Moreover, the cold press juicing method ensures that you get access to nutritious enzymes and antioxidants to boost your overall immunity. Also, the vertical design concept maximizes the total yield from the produce.
The juicer also features an auto-clean feature, which gives you a clean juicer in less than a minute. In addition, the automatic pulp ejection system ensures that you can juice continuously without any breaks.
7. Best Twin-Gear: Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite
- Twin gears
- Pulp ejection control
The best twin-gear juicer on the market is hands down the Tribest Greenstar GSE-5050. The 200-watt motor operates at a low RPM of 110. As a result, it can easily juice hard fruits and vegetables. Moreover, the twin gears work together to prevent the machine from clogging up.
The machine comes with an 18-ounce container. Apart from fruits and vegetables, this juicer can easily grind nuts and grains as well.
Despite being heavy, you can easily carry it, courtesy of its sure-grip handle. The machine also comes with a pulp ejection feature which allows for continuous juicing and easy clean-up. In fact, you can easily clean the juicer with mild soap and water.
8. Best Budget: Breville BJE200XL Juicer
- Strong mesh extractor
- Might leak
Another excellent juicer from Breville is the BJE200XL Juice Fountain Compact. This budget offering from the company is very compact and comes with a 700-watt motor. The compact design ensures that the juicer can fit even in the tiniest of kitchens.
Breville has included a wide chute which ensures minimal preparation time. Moreover, the unique extraction system features titanium discs and a micro-mesh filter that extracts maximum juice. Also, it helps the juice retain maximum nutrients.
You get a built-in froth separate which helps separate the froth created during juicing sessions. Along with the juicer, you get a 25-ounce juice jug and a 1.6-quart pulp container. Breville also includes a cleaning brush so that you can clean the juicer faster.
9. Best Powerful: Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
- Wide chute
- Harder to clean
- The pulp remains moist after juicing
One of the most powerful and reasonably priced juicers on the market is the Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juicer. With more than 1000 watts of power, the juicer can easily juice soft and hard fruits and vegetables alike. Moreover, you also get a wide chute, LED control panel, adjustable flow spout, and five different speed settings.
This centrifugal juicer works very well with leafy greens. However, to get the best yield, you need to pass the produce through the juicer multiple times. The easy unlock and lift system helps you extract the juice from the container after each juicing session.
The machine is very easy to clean. In fact, the components are removable and dishwasher-friendly. Apart from the juicer, you get a 2-liter pulp container, a quart juice pitcher, and a cleaning brush.
10. Best Juicer for Green Juice: MegaWise Pro Slow Masticating Juicer
- High yield
- Juice lasts longer
- Wide chute
- Pulp remains wet
Rounding off this list is the Slow Masticating Juicer from MegaWise pro. Featuring a 150-watt motor, this juicer can operate at two different speeds. The slow 50-60 RPM mode is perfect for preserving the original taste and nutrients from the produce. On the other hand, the faster mode is useful for juicing harder produce.
Compared to its competitors, this juicer produces less heat, which helps the juice last for longer periods. In fact, the juice remains fresh for up to 72 hours in the fridge. The best part is that the machine comes with a wide chute so that you don’t have to waste time preparing the food.
Like most other products on this list, the juicer is made from high-quality BPA-free materials which are easy to assemble and disassemble. As a result, it is very easy to clean the juicer. Moreover, MegaWise also provides a complimentary cleaning brush along with the juicer.
Best Juicer for Greens Comparison Table
|1||Mueller Austria Juicer||2.2 Pounds||16.6” (L) x 13.5” (W) x 9.5” (D) inches||1100 Watt||16 Ounces|
|2||Omega NC900HDC Juicer||13 pounds||14.5” (L) x 6.5” (W) x 15.5” (D) inches||150 Watt||18 Ounces|
|3||Omega J8006 Juicer||6.28 Pounds||6.34” (L) x 6.93” (W) x 14.29” (D) inches||150 Watt||18 Ounces|
|4||Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer EVO820GM||24.9 Pounds||8” (L) x 9.5” (W) x 19” (D) inches||240 Watt||13.5 Ounces|
|5||Breville BJS700SIL Big Squeeze Slow Juicer||12 Pounds||16.9” (L) x 390.6” (W) x 390.6” (D) inches||240 Watt||18 Ounces|
|6||Omega Juicer Vertical Slow Masticating Juicer||12.5 Pounds||8.5”(L) x 7”(W) x 15.5”(D) inches||150 Watt||Not provided by manufacturer|
|7||Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite||17.2 Pounds||18.6”(L) x 6.8”(W) x 12.4”(D) inches||200 Watt||18 Ounces|
|8||Breville BJE200XL Juicer||9.68 Pounds||7.4” (L) x 10.4” (W) x 12.7” (D) inches||700 Watt||25 Ounces|
|9||Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor||14.74 Pounds||14.92” (L) x 9.37” (W) x 16.46” (D) inches||1000 Watt||67 Ounces|
|10||MegaWise Pro Slow Masticating Juicer||9.68 Pound||15.6” (L) x 10” (W) x 8.7” (D) inches||150 Watt||20 Ounces|
Top Juicer for Greens Brands
Mueller Austria is a company that prides itself on excellent value, unmatched features, and unrivaled quality.
Founded in 1985 as a juicing company, Omega still manages to deliver the same passion and vision that their founder Mr. Leo had, in their products.
With over 40 years of experience in the kitchen appliances industry, Kuvings delivers high-quality, efficient, simple, and convenient products in more than 80 countries.
Founded in 1932, Breville has emerged as a leader in both the kitchen and bathroom appliances business. Their products enhance people’s lives through thoughtful design and immaculate innovation.
With a wide range of quality products, Tribest aims to help its customers lead a much healthier and nutritious lifestyle.
Cuisinart has emerged as one of the leading brands for innovative, functional, and top-quality products. In addition, the company has won numerous accolades courtesy of its impressive product lineup.
MegaWise is very well known for its wide range of kitchen and home appliances. They manufacture almost everything that your home might need, from juicers to even massagers.
With the many health benefits of green juice, getting a juicer for greens has become essential. The Mueller Austria Juicer is our choice for the best overall juicer for greens. If you are specifically looking for a juicer for leafy greens and hard vegetables, you can go for the Breville BJS700SIL.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a juicer with different specifications, you will find the perfect juicer in the list above. Do let us know about your experience with these juicers in the comments section below.