Craving some classic fried goodies like french fries and crispy chips? How about savoring delicious treats such as vegetables, drummettes, chicken wings, and feta triangles? Don’t forget, your air fryer can even whip up perfectly baked blondies and brownies too!
An air fryer is a must-have electrical appliance in any kitchen, just like an oven. Whether it takes the shape of a square or an egg, this versatile device allows you to effortlessly cook your favorite foods. Simply place your food items in the air fryer’s basket, give them a thin coating of oil, and let the magic happen. Say goodbye to greasy deep-frying and hello to crispy goodness in no time!
However, there are some differences in the cooking process of an oven and an air fryer.
The food in an air fryer is roasted with the help of a powerful fan and air circulation. The air circulation makes the food super crispy in very little time.
With a perfect combination of a heat source and the fan’s size, air fryers can quickly cook the food without using a lot of oil like in deep frying.
It does not require any preheat time like an oven or deep fryer. In this article, we will discuss what we can use in an air fryer.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
With the increasing functionality of air fryers and the ability to cook different types of food, you may want to know whether to use aluminum foil in an air fryer or not.
Well, you can use foil in an air fryer as long as there is space left for airflow. Make sure you do not cover all the holes of the fryer’s basket or tray. If the air is blocked, food won’t be cooked properly.
While using the foil in an air fryer, follow the below steps:
- Always place the aluminum foil in the bottom of the basket. The foil should always be kept inside the cooking basket only.
- Make sure that you don’t place the foil on the bottom area of your cooking pan. This is where all the grease and food particles fall down; hence it can get dirty and damage your food.
- To avoid the foil from sticking out at the edges, make sure to cut it small and in the basket’s right shape.
- Do not cover the whole portion of the cooking basket with aluminum foil.
- Always place the food item on top of the aluminum foil. If the foil paper is not weighed down, it can get stuck in the heating unit and cause a fire.
Can you put parchment paper in an air fryer?
As long as the parchment paper is cut properly and pre-perforated beforehand, they are safe to use in an air fryer.
Using the parchment paper and air fryer combination to prepare food will give you just the right amount of crispiness and texture in your food items.
The tips and hacks to be followed while using parchment paper in an air fryer are as follows:
- Always place the parchment paper at the bottom of the basket.
- Ensure that the parchment paper isn’t too big that it starts sticking out at the edges of the basket.
- Do not cover the whole portion of the cooking basket with parchment paper. This is because the air fryer will require at least some holes to ensure proper airflow during cooking. In such cases, it is best recommended to use a pre-perforated liner.
- Always place the food item on top of the parchment paper. If the parchment paper is not weighed down, it can get stuck in the heating unit and cause a fire.
Can you put wax paper in the air fryer?
You can easily use wax paper for air frying as well as steaming. But be careful, especially if your air fryer’s heating element is too close to the food, as it might cause the paper to burn.
Follow the below steps while using wax paper in an air fryer.
- Make sure to place the wax paper at the bottom of the cooking basket. Always avoid keeping the wax paper in close contact with the heating element of the air fryer.
- Do not cover the whole portion of the cooking basket with wax paper.
- Always place the food item on top of the wax paper. It is also important to weigh down the wax paper so that it does not get stuck in the heating unit.
Can you use a paper towel in an air fryer?
It’s not suggested to use a paper towel in an air fryer as it’s mainly used in seasoning the surface to prevent the food from sticking on the air fryer’s basket.
The reason behind not using it is that it disrupts the airflow and affects your cooking outcome if placed in the air fryer’s basket.
You can use other things like foil, baking paper, baking dishes, steel dishes, etc., while using it.
Can you put steel utensils in an air fryer?
For reheating and cooking food items in an air fryer, you can use steel utensils along with silicon cups and other metal utensils.
You can also use ovenproof dishes in an air fryer as well as those made up of glass and ceramic. You can also put corning ware and Pyrex bowls into the air fryer.
You should avoid putting wet batters and over-seasoned food items as they can create a mess inside the appliance.
One major advantage of an air fryer is that it does not make any food item soggy.
Whenever you reheat some food item in an air fryer, the food item remains crispy. Another great part of an air fryer is its clean-up process. The baskets and containers of air fryers are dishwasher safe.
It makes the cleaning process of the appliance very easy and comfortable.
You can clean the inner part of the air fryer by using a cloth or a sponge. Do not use any sharp object to clean the residual of the foodstuff.
Always make a habit of cleaning the cooking basket and drawer of the device after cooking. This will avoid the production of smoke and build-up of oils inside the appliance.