A microwave oven is an essential appliance offering versatile features that brings ease of cooking and convenience to your kitchen.
There are so many options to choose from in the market, and it can be a really tedious task to choose, especially when your budget is less.
But with the right research, we are here to offer you the list of affordable microwave under $100 with all the required features and latest technologies that you expect in a microwave… from cooking to defrosting, reheating, presets, smart senor, soften, and more there is a lot to explore.
Table of Contents
- 1 Does Buying a Microwave Under $100 Worth It?
- 2 Our Top 10 Best Budget Microwaves Under $100
- 2.1 1. Best Tech & Control: Amazon Basics Microwave
- 2.2 2. Best Style: Emerson Griller Microwave Oven
- 2.3 3. Best Compact: Panasonic NN-SB458S Microwave
- 2.4 4. Best Overall: Farberware FMO11AHTBKB Microwave Oven
- 2.5 5. Best Budget: Galanz GLCMKA07GNR Microwave
- 2.6 6. BLACK+DECKER EM031MB11 Digital Microwave
- 2.7 7. Farberware FMO12AHTBSG Microwave
- 2.8 8. Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Microwave
- 2.9 9. GE JES1095SMSS Microwave
- 2.10 10. Best Value: Farberware FMO12AHTBKE
- 3 How to Choose Best Microwave Under $100
- 4 Conclusion
Does Buying a Microwave Under $100 Worth It?
When you see a lot of options in the market, you would surely have this question in mind at least once “Is it worth buying a microwave under $100”? The answer is yes, of course.
The companies that make the expensive microwaves are the same companies offering microwaves at a lower price to be the same.
You need to compromise a little with capacity or power or features, and if you are lucky, you will get all the required ones under $100.
The assumption that you won’t get advanced features like smart sensors, defrost, more power levels, preheat, light, child lock, turntables, or presets under $100 is wrong. You can get all these features at this price range, but it needs good research, which we have already done for you.
Our Top 10 Best Budget Microwaves Under $100
Comparison based on features and specifications:
|Product||Capacity (cu. ft.)||Wattage||Size||Features|
|1. Amazon Basics Microwave||0.7||700 W||17.3” x 10.1” x 14.1”||Alexa enabled, voice resets, 10 power levels.|
|2. Emerson Griller Microwave||1.2||1100W||20.6 x 17.3 x 12.8 inches||Griller, Defrost, 9 presets, 11 power levels.|
|3. Panasonic Compact Microwave||0.9||900W||19.1 x 14.8 x 11.5 inches||Touchscreen, 7 presets, compact, 3 power levels.|
|4. Farberware FMO11AHTBKB Microwave||1.1||1000W||20.2 x 16.54 x 12.03 inches||+30 seconds timer, memory, child lock, 6 presets, 10 power levels.|
|5. Galanz GLCMKA07GNR Retro Microwave||0.7||700W||17.81 x 13.75 x 10.31 inches||Compact+ size, child lock, 6 presets, 6 power levels.|
|6. Black Decker Microwave||1.1||1000W||20.2 x 15.6 x 12.1 inches||Child lock, easy cleaning, 6 presets, smooth defrost, 10 power levels.|
|7. Farberware FMO12AHTBS Microwave||1.2||1100W||20.5 x 17.3 x 12.8 inches||Defrost, grill, multistage cooking, 9 presets, 10 power levels.|
|8. Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Microwave||0.9||800W||19 x 17.9 x 11 inches||Delay timer, express cooking, 12 presets.|
|9. GE JES1095SMSS Microwave||0.9||900W||19 x 14.5 x 11.5 inches||Control lockout, lightweight, 7 presets|
|10. Farberware Professional FMO12AHTBKE Microwave||1.2||1100W||20.5 x 17.3 x 12.8 inches||Reheat, defrost, Soften/melt, smart sensor, energy saver, express cooking, 7 presets, 10 power levels.|
1. Best Tech & Control: Amazon Basics Microwave
- 700 Watt with 0.7 Cu. Ft. capacity.
- Amazon Dash Replenishment technology for reordering popcorn.
- Alexa enabled.
- 10 power levels with a kitchen timer.
- Child lock for safety.
- 10″ glass turntable.
- Quick cook voice resets.
- Simplified keypad, which is easy to use.
- Fire Tablets, Echo look, Fire TV, and Amazon Tap devices are not supported.
- Your big utensils or a large size dinner plate won’t fit because of the small cavity.
Our 1st choice is a microwave that fulfills all your essential needs and is equipped with the latest technology in the market. You get a voice control feature with amazing looks and quality. What could be better than a microwave offering you quick-cook voice presets and also works with Alexa.
The microwave’s compact size is great to save space and is a great deal for a small kitchen. With Alexa, you keep getting new presets as it is learning and improving with time. With this appliance, you can cook, reheat, defrost, and even make popcorn.
It includes quite a few safeguards like it only runs for a reasonable amount of time. If you try to microwave tea for 10 or more hours, it won’t work. And it is also aware of the time the door is kept open for… that prevents it from turning on inadvertently if nothing is placed inside the microwave.
With the innovation implemented, you just need to order your Alexa to reheat your coffee or even reorder your popcorn when you go low. The maximum popcorn bag size is 3 oz.
2. Best Style: Emerson Griller Microwave Oven
- 1100 watts with 11 power levels.
- Lightweight glass turntable.
- Griller power level separate.
- Quick and fast heating.
- Hassle-free cleaning and even cooking.
- 99-minute and 99-second digital timer with weight defrost.
- LED light with digital clock.
- 9 pre-programmed recipes.
- The oven slides an inch on a smooth surface when the door handle is pulled.
- The microwave makes a loud buzzing sound when running.
- Push buttons are kind of tough to push.
Emerson offers a dazzling countertop microwave oven to add the utmost beauty to your modern kitchen. The appliance has beautiful black color with a stainless-steel body and touchscreen user interface.
It offers a 1.2 cubic feet capacity that allows a great cooking space and contains a metal front with a black cabinet.
You can defrost by weight function that allows the unit to automatically set the duration and power level when you enter the weight of your food.
With 11 power levels, you get 1 pure power level for the grill. You get 9 presets for quick cooking that includes common food items like popcorn, pizza, frozen vegetables, meat, beverage, etc. It can easily be controlled by just a touch of a button.
3. Best Compact: Panasonic NN-SB458S Microwave
- 900 Watt with 0.9 cu. ft. cavity.
- Microwave popcorn with 3 power levels.
- Keep warm to maintain the ideal temperature.
- Touchscreen sensor.
- Child Safety lock.
- 7 preset for auto cook food items.
- The small countertop saves space.
- 10.6 inches turntable.Adjustable temperature control
- Cooks food evenly
- Overheat safety protection
- Automatic buttons
- Hassle-free process
- Dishwasher safe
- Powerful wattage
- 7 Presets menu
- The cooking cavity can’t fit oversized platters.
- The sides of the microwave heat up quickly.
- Lights inside the cooking space only turn on when the door is closed.
If you are looking for a compact design but well functional microwave under $100, Panasonic offers you a gorgeous microwave in a classy black color. It features a 0.9 cubic feet cavity, which is optimal for your day-to-day kitchen needs.
The powerful 900-Watt oven offers fast cooking with 10 power levels. You get 7 preset cooking options for quick cooking for some common food items.
It also features defrost to thoroughly defrost meat and keep warm option to maintain the required food temperature without overheating.
4. Best Overall: Farberware FMO11AHTBKB Microwave Oven
- 1.1 cu. ft cooking capacity with 12.5-inch turntable.
- Sturdy handle and easy to use.
- 6 presets for quick cooking.
- +30 second quick incremental timer.
- Silent microwave.
- Memory feature to save custom recipe setting.
- Child lock for safety.
- There is no option to off the light in case you want to air out the oven.
- Loud droning startup noise for 5 seconds.
A microwave oven with an appropriate 1.1 cu. ft. capacity, 1000W power output, touch sensor, and 10 power levels for fast cooking makes it an overall best oven choice under $100.
The sleek and compact design features a big 12.5-inch glass turntable that gives you enough capacity to look for large meals. You get 6 preset cooking options for pizza, potato, popcorn, frozen vegetables, dinner plate, and beverage.
Apart from quick heating and presets, the microwave oven also gives you defrost option by both time and weight. It also includes digital control and has an LED display with a clock.
5. Best Budget: Galanz GLCMKA07GNR Microwave
- Lighting pull handle.
- Compact size for saving space.
- Three beeps sound after finishing cooking.
- Interior light to have better visibility.
- Child lock for safety.
- Digital control with kitchen timer/clock.
- 6 presets for quick cooking.
- Door closing hooks are made of plastic.
- The timer knob is a little loose.
- Size limits for popcorn bag.
Galanz Retro microwave is the most affordable microwave with first-rate execution. The retro look of the amazing microwave in Surf Green color is worth adding charm to your kitchen. It is a small oven with 0.7 cubic ft cooking capacity and is build using ABS and carbon steel.
The retro microwave features 6 power levels, and the maximum power output is 700 Watts. It comes with 6 pre-programmed quick food functions, including Frozen vegetables, dinner plates, pizza, potato, beverage, and popcorn.
You can defrost your food items by weight or by time. The microwave also offers 360 degrees heating and rotation of turntable to improve cooking efficiency with even heating.
6. BLACK+DECKER EM031MB11 Digital Microwave
- The moderate cooking cavity of 1.1 cu. ft.
- 10 adjustable power levels for cooking.
- 6 cooking presets.
- Digital timer and clock.
- Child lock ensures safety.
- Easy to clean the cavity space with a microfiber towel.
- Doesn’t make noise.
- Smooth defrosting.
- It makes a loud noise when shutting the door.
- Door clips are prone to breaking as it uses plastic.
- Fingerprints show heavily and need frequent cleaning.
Our next choice brings you an elegant and classy microwave oven with a push-button door, giving you a sleek exterior.
The cooking capacity is 1.1 cubic ft. which is good enough for cooking a moderate meal. The control panel is well organized and includes an easily readable keyset.
The microwave features 10 effective power levels and produces a power output of 1000 Watts. Apart from the cooking controls, you also get express cooking and defrost functions.
You also get 6 frequent meal presets, including pizza, popcorn, frozen vegetables, beverage, dinner plate, and potatoes, making your regular cooking easy and quick.
7. Farberware FMO12AHTBSG Microwave
- 1000-Watt power output with 1.2 cu. ft cavity space.
- Multistage cooking with the smart sensor.
- Unique grill function.
- Eco-friendly energy-saving mode.
- Defrost by weight or time.
- 9 presets for quick cooking.
- The handle door is very light weighted.
- Darkened glass offers less visibility while cooking.
If you are ready to spend a few more bucks for the long-lasting appliance, we have some really amazing microwaves for you. One of them is a Farberware microwave with a 1.2 cubic ft. cooking capacity that offers an excellent microwave and grill functionality.
You get 9 one-touch pre-programmed cooking buttons for grill combo, popcorn, dinner plate, frozen pizza, potato, beverage, meat, frozen vegetable, and auto reheat.
Microwave features 10 power levels. Also, there is a 30 seconds incremental control button. You can defrost by weight and time with this microwave.
It also features an energy-saving mode and offers multistage cooking with the smart sensor.
8. Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Microwave
- 0.9 cu. ft. cavity space.
- 12 pre-programmed settings.
- Delay timer and express cooking.
- Sleek Chrome door handle.
- Unique retro style look.
- Turn and push the system dial.
- Low wattage (800Watts) takes double time to cook.
- No light when you open the door.
A wonder and stylish microwave for the ones who love the retro style. However, the microwave is a few bucks more than $100 but is worth buying for the features it offers. Aqua color is eye-catching and looks very classy in your kitchen.
The microwave features 12 pre-programmed cooking options where usually you get 6 or 9 presets at this price.
The presets are for common foods, including popcorn, beverage, vegetables, rice, potatoes, frozen entrees, bread, pizza, chicken, fish, dinner plates, and beef.
Having so many features, it is compact that makes it a great choice for the ones who are looking for a small-size microwave that covers little countertop space.
9. GE JES1095SMSS Microwave
- 900 Watts cooking power with 0.9 cu. ft. capacity.
- Turntable for even cooking.
- Control lockout for safety.
- Auto and time defrost.
- Minute timer for easy tracking.
- No lighting on the keyboard.
- Slightly louder while running.
Our next choice is the sleek and elegant GE countertop microwave that offers you 0.9 cubic ft. cooking capacity. The sturdy microwave uses stainless steel for the construction.
The microwave features 7 presets, including pizza, potato, dinner plate, reheat, popcorn, vegetables, and beverage. It also includes a 30-second incremental button. You can defrost your food items by weight and time.
There is no handle, and the push-button for handling the door control makes the exterior smooth and easy to clean.
10. Best Value: Farberware FMO12AHTBKE
- Quick reheating and defrost.
- 30 seconds’ incremental control.
- Kitchen timer and LED display.
- Soften/melt option hard to find at this price.
- 1-6 minutes express cooking option.
- Energy saver mode.
- Memory option for custom recipes.
- Smart Sensor cooking technology.
- The interior light is not bright.
- You can’t change the power level in the middle of the cooking.
Last but not least, the Farberware Professional microwave is an optimum deal for the ones who have compact space for the microwave but are looking for full-sized cooking. Although the price is a little above $100, it is ideal for a home and a workspace.
You get reheating, cooking, and defrosting options with the 1.2 cubic ft. cavity space. It offers 1000-Watt cooking power and 10 power levels.
The innovative technology monitors the amount of steam coming from the food to check how much water is left and how long cooking should continue.
The microwave features multistage cooking. It also includes 7one-touch quick-cooking programs for potato, rice, vegetables, frozen entrée, reheat, frozen pizza, and popcorn.
How to Choose Best Microwave Under $100
Below are the factors you should consider before choosing a microwave under $100.
You need to check the available space in your kitchen to determine the microwave you have to choose. There are a lot of compact-sized microwaves under $100, which are preferred for a small kitchen. For a family size up to 4, a microwave of 0.5-1.3 cubic ft. capacity is enough.
The higher wattage you choose, the faster cooking it will offer. You get a range of microwave ovens from a power output range of 600W-1200W. For even and large cooking, the minimum wattage preferred is 700W.
You get many features with microwaves like presets, child lock control, adding 30 seconds timer, preheat, melt, defrost, and more. So, understand your needs and buy the microwave which offers you most of the required features.
You get a turntable in almost all of the microwaves for even cooking. The rotating turntable should be big enough to hold your plates or baking dish so that it can rotate freely. Some are small, around 10 inches, but you also get 12-13 inches turntables.
Microwave oven offers different power levels. You also get 10 or 11 power levels at this price range which gives you ease of cooking. You get the multistage cooking ability, timer, clock, sensor cooking, changing power level between cooking. So, the more options you get, the more convenient your cooking becomes.
You can save fuel, energy, and a lot of your time with modern technology and can spend your quality time enjoying your food cooked in the microwave oven.
The best option to go for is Galanz GLCMKA07GNR Retro Microwave since it has a compact size, child lock safety, and other amazing features for just $100.
Another great option can be Farberware Professional FMO12AHTBKE if you are okay with spending few extra bucks since it has better features and functionality.
We have compiled an optimal list from all the variants to make your choice easy to buy a microwave under $100. You can pick the best microwave according to your needs and the features you like to get an ideal appliance for your daily usage.